blake702 is offline Junior Member

Wink Hi, new to the site and need some advice.

Hi all! First I would like to thank all of you who post for providing such great accessible information! A lot of what I read online is contradictory, and it's great to learn from the knowledge of everyone on the site! I had a few questions and was wondering if you guys would mind answering them and making sure that I'm on the right track.

I'll start with some background information about myself: I'm a 26 year old grad student, who has always wanted to do an amateur bodybuilding show. I used to be in decent shape, but two years ago I blew both knees and broke my tibia grappling and dove hard into school. As a result, my body isn't what it used to be: currently 5'8'', 190lbs, around 20% body fat. Things have finally slowed down with work and school, but I'm having a really hard time getting back into things. For the next two years I really want to take things seriously, and go for it, as after that, I won't be able to pursue this dream for at least 5 years as I won't have the time to seriously pursue this goal.

I saw a groupon to have my testosterone levels checked and was given some information about TRT at the clinic. My levels came back at 556, which I know is nothing to be unhappy with. That said, for the next two years I want to dedicate myself to bodybuilding and see what I can do. I have a good diet, and push myself hard (I was a state champion wrestler and I know what it takes to work hard). I'd like to train twice a day, but feel like I'm overtraining training once a day =/ For that reason I'm strongly concerning doing a few cycles of something to improve my gains and recovery over the next two years. I would ideally like to be around 175-195 at 6-8% body fat. I don't have to take 1st, but I don't want to embarrass myself either. When I compete, I want to do the best I can and I know this can be a tool to help get the body I want. I know many of the risks, but from what I've read, if I do this right, then I can get through it preserving or getting back to my natural testosterone production, estrogen levels, and sperm count (I'd like to have kids in a few years) with the aid of hgc, DHEA, and nolvadex .

These are the stats that came back on the tests:
    testosterone, Serum 556 ng/dL
    Prostate specific Ag, Serum 0.4
    Hemoglobin 15.2 g/dL
    Everything was in a normal range.

I read the "My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle" post, and it was great stuff! I'll cut down to 16% body fat before starting and go with a testosterone, hgc, Arimidex or Aromasin (which one is better?), cycle and come off with nolvadex and Clomid and liver support all the way through. I also read about not getting scammed and finding a good source and that had a lot of great information, but I read that the shelf life of hcg is fairly low, so I don't want to order in bulk, but weekly. Is that accurate?
    So, this would be the stack that's suggested:

- Week 1 to 12: Testosterone enanthate @ 250 mg every 3.5 days (500mg/week total)
    - Week 1 to 12: hCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days (500 iu/week total)
    - Week 1 to 14: Arimidex @ 0.25mg every other day (From day 2 up until PCT starts)
    I was curious what kind of test levels I could expect with that stack. Does anyone know average results?

If I do get on a cycle is it "okay" to tell a doctor about it, and if so, can I have them monitor things, so I don't mess myself up? (I don't want to permanently cause damage, so this would be great if there is any way to do this.) If not, how do I go about getting the labwork done?

Sorry for the long post, but this is a big deal to me, and I'd really appreciate any help I can get! If it's not too much trouble would you guys mind answering the questions in bold and looking over everything to make sure that my ideas and plans are solid?
    Thanks!!! I really appreciate it!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have never done steroids before then it makes sense that your test levels should be normal. Those testing sites in my opinion are for people at least 36 years old, when normal test levels have dropped to a degree that you can get it prescribed in low doses to boost your test levels.
    You will get different responses about talking to your doctor. Of course if there is a problem you should talk to your doctor to get things worked out. Even though your doctor is not going to call the cops on you because of patient/doctor confidentiality; there will be a record of it and it could effect your health insurance to some degree. I have never told my doctor I took steroids, but also have never had a problem.
    Others will chime in with more information, but I wanted to get things rolling and hope you find all the information you are looking for.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Just to add to what Oki-Des was saying the hcg will be fine to order what you need for the whole cycle before hand. As far as AI Arimidex would be my first choice. What do you have planned for your PCT? Note- you should have everything you need in hand before you start including PCT. Good Luck

Thanks guys for responding! The help is greatly appreciated!

For a post cycle: I was planning on following the plan in Austinite's post:
    "Post Cycle Therapy should consist of both Tamoxifen (Nolvadex ) and Clomiphene (Clomid). The combination is important as they work in synergy to help you recover. Running only one of them will hinder your chance of recovery some. Your PCT protocol for this cycle should look like the following:

Clomid @ 75/50/50/50 & Nolvadex @ 40/20/20/20

Each number above is representative of the daily dose for that week; for a 4 week total PCT run. So clomid would be taken at 75 mg daily for 1 week, then 3 weeks at 50mg daily. And Nolvadex would be 40 mg daily for 1 week, then 20 mg daily for the last 3 weeks."

I think I'd also take 600 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) daily for liver support.

There's a lot of info out there about there about testosterone enanthate vs cypionate vs propionate . I'm looking into that now.

Can you tell me if I can expect my natural levels to recover back to what they currently are if I followed a plan like this (with the hcg and followed a pct like the one outlined above? I know everyone is different and that there are always risks, but being 26 I want to know if it's likely that I can recover from it after a few cycles if I do things right.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Ya Blake the NAC is good supplement to take year around 600-1200 per day. Just make sure you get bloodwork before you start that way you will know where all your levels are at. Then get bloodwork 8-10 weeks after you finish your PCT. No one can tell you if your numbers will be the same, that's the risk of doing AAS. But if you do things right and safe your chances are pretty good .

Cool, thank you so much for the help. I've still got a while before I begin (the more I research the more I'm seeing that I should be in shape first, I'll try to be around 14% bodyfat before I begin). Anyway, I really do appreciate all the help and advice, thank you guys for the info =)

Thread Information