musclestack is offline Productive Member

Do I NEED to take an AI?

Ok, don't flame me just yet. I've been here long enough to know what the intended purposes of an AI are. This is more of a curiosity question.

I am a 'powerbuilder' at heart, meaning I train for both size and strength (competitive powerlifter). We know that AI's do tend to hinder our strength gains on cycle, albeit usually not by very much, but for someone whose goals were to gain as much strength as possible before his next meet, would you consider dropping the AI (as long as estrogen levels were in normal range)? Perhaps a more important question would be, would it be worth it?

Disclaimer: I have Aromasin on hand for my next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Ok, don't flame me just yet. I've been here long enough to know what the intended purposes of an AI are. This is more of a curiosity question. I am a 'powerbuilder' at heart, meaning I train for both size and strength (competitive powerlifter). We know that AI's do tend to hinder our strength gains on cycle, albeit usually not by very much, but for someone whose goals were to gain as much strength as possible before his next meet, would you consider dropping the AI (as long as estrogen levels were in normal range)? Perhaps a more important question would be, would it be worth it? Disclaimer: I have Aromasin on hand for my next cycle.

Not using an AI will make you hold more water.
    Holding more water makes you weigh more.
    Do you have room in your weight class?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    How would mantain "estrogen levels in normal range" without AI???

Do you know that high estrogen hinders muscle building?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Not using an AI will make you hold more water.
    Holding more water makes you weigh more.
    Do you have room in your weight class?
    During my last competition, I weighed in at 212lbs. and competed at 220, so yes, I should have some room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    How would mantain "estrogen levels in normal range" without AI???

Do you know that high estrogen hinders muscle building?
    Perhaps I worded that wrong. Let me rephrase: As long as estrogen levels are not astronomically high, would it be ok to drop the AI?"

Yes, I know that high estrogen hinders strength gains. But this is also true for the opposite end of the spectrum. How about instead of dropping it completely, I were to just take 25mg twice a week? I realize this could be a problem due to the 24 hour half life....what about 12.5mg ED?

Thread Information