BeingSwole is offline Junior Member

Why are my glutes in pain

Wassup all. I pin using a 23g 1" needle and have found that when I pin glutes I get soreness later in the day plus swelling that last for days. However when I pin delts I get no pain at all.

The glute pain has me moaning every time I sit down and even makes it a task to walk up stairs. It also seems to give me a temperature of 100-101 at times. Looks like I'm
    Going to have to do my eod cycle using delts only.

Anyone know why this is happening?

hooligans luck is offline Junior Member
    Need 1.5 inch. Most likely leaking outside of muscle. Push 1 inch as deep as possible. Otherwise pip is normal til muscle gets use to. I got mad scar tissue and use 23g try something smaller maybe 25

gold43 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeingSwole View Post
    Wassup all. I pin using a 23g 1" needle and have found that when I pin glutes I get soreness later in the day plus swelling that last for days. However when I pin delts I get no pain at all.

The glute pain has me moaning every time I sit down and even makes it a task to walk up stairs. It also seems to give me a temperature of 100-101 at times. Looks like I'm
    Going to have to do my eod cycle using delts only.

Anyone know why this is happening?
    Try pinning your quads. Much better than glutes. I take it your cycle history is minimal?
    And I would say a 1" is pretty small for glutes. Unless your already shredded.

Faacus is offline Junior Member
    If some liquid goes out of the muscle that cause problems? It is absorbed in a few days?

GingerbeardJ is offline Associate Member
    I personally use 5/8 25 gauge for glutes and never have problems. I must be lucky after reading this thread.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I prefer a 25 gauge 1" pin for everything......can't go wrong.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerbeardJ View Post
    I personally use 5/8 25 gauge for glutes and never have problems. I must be lucky after reading this thread.
    You must not have much bodyfat. I can only use 5/8 for quads and delts. I hold all my fat around my waist. For glutes I use 1.5".

Op I would think 1" would get you deep enough. When I started trt the doc used a 23g needle, and I would get the exact same thing as your explaining. I asked him to switch to a smaller needle, and the problems went away completely. No other changes accept for the needle. Now I use 25g or 27g.

Edit: I dont think I ever had the fever problem, but I never checked. All the other things you described happened to me. If you have a needle exchange in the area you could get some 25s to try and see if it helps.
    Last edited by jstone; 05-05-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Thread Information