Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: needles

dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member

needles

My dealer uses a small insulin needle that I would use to inject HCG , but he told me that it works for injecting steroids too. I've heard tho that needle size does matter and it had to go deep. So which needle do you guys use and has anyone used insulin needle for steroid injecting.

I always inject in my glute.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012
    My dealer uses a small insulin needle that I would use to inject HCG, but he told me that it works for injecting steroids too. I've heard tho that needle size does matter and it had to go deep. So which needle do you guys use and has anyone used insulin needle for steroid injecting. I always inject in my glute.
    Well, you can but your bf needs to be on the low side and most guys go with 5/8ths. I personally use 25 ga 1" pins as my bf fluctuates from high teens to low teens and I just want something that works in any situation.
    anabolicsqa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

Well, you can but your bf needs to be on the low side and most guys go with 5/8ths. I personally use 25 ga 1" pins as my bf fluctuates from high teens to low teens and I just want something that works in any situation.
    My bf is probably around 15%
    Last edited by dubrovin1012; 04-28-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012
    My bf is probably around 15%
    Like I said......I would just stay with 1" pins and not have to worry about it.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    If your on TRT and doing subQ injections for your test at low dose you will be fine. But other than that Like buster said 25g 1" would be min for intramuscular injection in glute.

OK thx.

I've done insulin pins, 1", or 1.5" for IM injections. They all work but I prefer the 1".

-Horus- is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    My dealer uses a small insulin needle that I would use to inject HCG , but he told me that it works for injecting steroids too. I've heard tho that needle size does matter and it had to go deep. So which needle do you guys use and has anyone used insulin needle for steroid injecting.

use 23g or 25g 1" or 1.5" (for glutes) and on a 3cc barrel..

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

I still do all my AAS injects DEEP IM but I do work with guys who swear by
    insulin pins. I'm pretty lean so I plan on tying them soon and getting blood
    work to see if it's effective.

anabolicsqa is offline New Member
    So which needle do you guys use and has anyone used insulin needle for steroid injecting.

I can answer the part about steroids , but I've never used HCG .

I use an 18-gauge needle to draw the steroids out of the vial, then I swap a 25-gauge needle onto the syringe, kind of like Buster Brown. 25-gauge needle injections have always worked fine for me at any injection site - with the exception of glute injections, which I discontinued, because the risk hitting the sciatic nerve is too much!

I used an insulin needle 2-3x when I had no other needles left. It's painless, but was maybe 5/8", and the syringe could hold only a fraction of 1 mL. The insulin needle wasn't detachable to use with standard steroid syringes.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicsqa View Post

I can answer the part about steroids , but I've never used HCG .

I use an 18-gauge needle to draw the steroids out of the vial, then I swap a 25-gauge needle onto the syringe, kind of like Buster Brown. 25-gauge needle injections have always worked fine for me at any injection site - with the exception of glute injections, which I discontinued, because the risk hitting the sciatic nerve is too much!

I used an insulin needle 2-3x when I had no other needles left. It's painless, but was maybe 5/8", and the syringe could hold only a fraction of 1 mL. The insulin needle wasn't detachable to use with standard steroid syringes.
    I bought some 1", hopefully I won't hit any nerves. Once my by goes lower I'm going back to 5/8

Thread Information