Thread: Storage time?

brandon1411 is offline Associate Member

Storage time?

I was needing to know how long I can store the oil in my syringe! I had one made up from my last cycle but never used it, it's been resting in my bottom drawer, never exposed and rarely moved, I would expect to Chang the tip, but not sure of the oil messing with the plastic

fastman9 is offline Junior Member
    Clarification? You loaded a syringe with product and now have it stored in a drawer? If so, it is exposed to the air, even with a cap on the needle yes. Look for discoloration, if any, toss it. I wouldn't use it past a month unless sealed.

pitweiler is offline Member
    Didn't you already make a post with the same question?

I'd toss it because its not sterile. Air can still get to the oil through the needle even with the cap on. You can pre load it and carry it around for a little bit but after that long I'd toss it. I wouldn't take the chance on an infection
    Last edited by pitweiler; 05-01-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitweiler
    Didn't you already make a post with the same question? I'd toss it because its not sterile. Air can still get to the oil through the needle even with the cap on. You can pre load it and carry it around for a little bit but after that long I'd toss it. I wouldn't take the chance on an infection
    I have posted the same question, but under a different category

Quote Originally Posted by fastman9
    Clarification? You loaded a syringe with product and now have it stored in a drawer? If so, it is exposed to the air, even with a cap on the needle yes. Look for discoloration, if any, toss it. I wouldn't use it past a month unless sealed.
    all is correct, no discoloration at all,

EO will break down the rubber in the syringe. You can preload a syringe and keep it for quite a while but why? It would be better to draw and shoot. If you have to preload a syringe I would think a couple of weeks would be fine even if you could keep it for a lot longer.

Thread Information