Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Topical DHT blocking Shampoo

You guys ever use this stuff?

Again, I'm hear to improve my physical well bring, not to go bald early. Don't tell me to get over hairloss, just move on if that's what you're thinking.

Question is, is this stuff is topical, but is it truly local? As in, will it only have an effect on DHT at the scalp, or does it travel throughout the rest of the body and block DHT in other places too?

Fairly important distinction.

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Most studies show that they are not systemically absorbed. I have used Nizoral for years.Technically and anti-fungal but has Anti-DHT properties as well.

If you want something stronger than look into spironolactone but you would need a prescription.

based on the pictures in the review section alone, this is what I'm considering:

Amazon.com : Pura d'or Premium Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo (Gold Label), 16 Fluid Ounce : Hair Regrowth Shampoos : Beauty

can you cite those studies? I'd like to read them.

here2grow is offline Junior Member
    Nizoral 2% ed and get a 1mm scalp roller your hair wont fall out.

Don't read the instruction for nizoral 2x A week is for dandruff. I use it ED and I scalp roller 3 times a week and my hair is growing back I just started 2 months ago again.

Try the above first and don't add minox5% (IF YOU DONT WANT TOO) A scalp roller works better with Niz 2%
    Last edited by here2grow; 09-29-2015 at 05:29 AM.

Regenpure might be a better option. It is sulfate free so not as harsh on the scalp but still contains Ketoconazole like Nizoral does. I will post up those studies in a bit.

I have been making the assumption we are talking about spironolactone so those are the studies I am posting.

Topical spironolactone inhibits dihydrotestosterone receptors in human sebaceous glands: an autoradiographic study in subjects with acne vulgaris.

Berardesca E, Gabba P, Ucci G, Borroni G, Rabbiosi G.

Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, Italy.
    Abstract

The interaction between spironolactone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptors was evaluated with an autoradiographic technique. The inhibition of DHT receptors by spironolactone was found to be related to the decrease of tritiated DHT granules in the sebaceous glands of the treated site. 6 male patients affected by acne vulgaris entered the study. The acute study was performed by applying to 25 cm2 of the back a cream containing 5% spironolactone under occlusive dressing. The dosage of spironolactone applied was 4 mg/cm2 for 48 h. The long-term study was performed by applying the same amount to the entire back, without occlusion, twice daily for 1 month. Skin biopsies were taken at the end of the treatment, incubated with tritiated DHT and processed for autoradiography. Both the acute and the long-term study revealed a decrease of the autoradiographic granules in the treated site. This effect is related to the binding of spironolactone with dihydrotestosterone receptors in the sebaceous glands. Our study demonstrates that 5% topical spironolactone cream acts as an antiandrogen in human sebaceous glands, competing with DHT receptors and producing a decrease of labelled DHT. At the concentrations used the effect has been only local. No side-effects were recorded during both studies.

Here is another, granted there were six subjects in the study: Lack of endocrine systemic side effects after topical application of spironolactone in man. - PubMed - NCBI

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I know spironolactone(tabs - 'aldactone') are a diuretic and act as an anti androgen for females... Many females who've taken heavy(androgenic compounds such as deca /Eq) will cause hair growth etc, so this is a great drug for female BBers - as it has also helped w/restarting menstrual cycles...

And in males/or females some(same class of drugs - thiazides) diuretics are used by both... In tab form -

Nizoral should be ok... But spironolactone has many other benefits(diuretic/treats high BP etc)

Guys, can we focus on the product that I listed? I'd like to not include anymore pharm grade drugs in my system if I don't have to.

An OTC topical DHT blocking shampoo seems safe enough, assuming that the action if local only. Can't really compare oranges to apples between topical DHT shampoos and spironolactone.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    Guys, can we focus on the product that I listed? I'd like to not include anymore pharm grade drugs in my system if I don't have to.

An OTC topical DHT blocking shampoo seems safe enough, assuming that the action if local only. Can't really compare oranges to apples between topical DHT shampoos and spironolactone.
    I agree that's why I listed what I did... I think you'd be better off w/something like Nizoral - im thinking about the same thing(and Spironolactone didn't come to mind w/me)... Best of luck if I find anything else out I'd be happy to share it w/you...

Your initial post was not about a specific product. So I told you about two Topical DHT blocking Shampoos that I knew of and answered that most studies show they do not have systemic effects. You asked to see those studies. I showed them to you and then you ask me to focus on the product you posted linked after the fact?

Am I missing something?

Maybe i'm the one off. My hormones have been all ****ed up lately, can you imagine?

I'm thinking what I'll do is wait a few weeks after PCT, start trying the shampoo out, and then good blood work.

What a pain in the ass right? Seems likely the only way to be sure.

The OTC one I listed contains 1% Ketaconozole. They have a prescription strength one that is 2% in which it is usually recommended to take 2-3x/week. Most that use the OTC 1% just use it every day. Same difference.

Mind = Blown.

here2grow is offline Junior Member
    OP Just search DHT shampoo on ebay or nizoral they have 2% and ship worldwide customs wont take shampoo off you haha

You for real A prescription for 2% Nizoral what a joke the US is, You can walk into wallmart and buy a gun but you need a prescription for Nizoral lol.

I thought AUS was bad but we can buy 2% Niz nearly anywhere no prescription needed.

And preetyplease ^^^ using Niz 2-3 a week is for dandruff just use it ED if you want to help block hairloss ffs

Thread Information