JohnnyDapps is offline New Member

Androgel not enough

Hey everyone! Just registered to this site. A little about me: I'm 33yrs old. I've been weight lifting since high school. Been all natty for the most part. I served 13 years in the U.S. military. In 2010 I suffered a tramatic brain injury in Afghanistan and one of the problems that came along with that is my brain no longer tells my testicles to produce testosterone . I went 3 yrs with low-T and didn't realize it. I've been on Androgel (max dose 4 pumps) for 2 years now and my test is back up to the 500 or so range (normal for my age I guess). Where I need help is I want my test levels higher for performance reasons of course. I'm still training 5 days a week and watching my diet. I'd like more reward for my efforts! Please help!

system admin is offline Owner
    You will want to drop the cream and get on injectable testosterone . Simply 200mg a week can double your levels

That's what I've been thinking too.

Have you spoken to your doctor about getting on injectable? If he won't prescribe you should look for a different doctor.

Just emailed him my request for injectables. We'll see what he says.

Like I said, if he says NO, go to another doctor.

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member
    What branch of the military? I was Marine Corps. Ooh Rah!

Thanks for the advise. Here's the latest: I'm switching to injectable Test starting next week. My Dr wants to give me 100ml a week. Is this enough? Everyone seems to suggest 200ml a week. I asked my Dr if 100ml weekly was enough and he said that's where he wants to start me at and go from there. I just want to be like "give me the 200ml a week already!" We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDapps
    Thanks for the advise. Here's the latest: I'm switching to injectable Test starting next week. My Dr wants to give me 100ml a week. Is this enough? Everyone seems to suggest 200ml a week. I asked my Dr if 100ml weekly was enough and he said that's where he wants to start me at and go from there. I just want to be like "give me the 200ml a week already!" We'll see how it goes.
    ^ Correction: I meant mg not ml

Its up to the doc on how much you need, but it sounds like you have a very conservative doc. I hate to plug this, but you should call LowTestosterone.com. They understand your issues and can likely help.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    100 mg per week puts me around 1000 for T total. It's going to be a lot better than your androgel protocol. Is he letting you self administer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizwell
    100 mg per week puts me around 1000 for T total. It's going to be a lot better than your androgel protocol. Is he letting you self administer?
    Wizwell, 1000 total T is what I'm hoping for! Not self injecting at first. He wants to "show me how". After that, yeah I'll be self injecting. Once I'm doing it myself ill probably split the dose to inject 2x a week.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    You should have much better numbers with the injectable. My doc actually wants me to do 200mg every two weeks. Instead, I administer 50mg twice weekly. One thing I've learned, my script and insurance allow me to renew my script faster than it actually runs out. So..I can bank test for occasional blast cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizwell
    You should have much better numbers with the injectable. My doc actually wants me to do 200mg every two weeks. Instead, I administer 50mg twice weekly. One thing I've learned, my script and insurance allow me to renew my script faster than it actually runs out. So..I can bank test for occasional blast cycles.
    Wizwell,

Once my doc lets me self administer I plan on doing the same. What's your test levels with your dosage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDapps
    Wizwell, Once my doc lets me self administer I plan on doing the same. What's your test levels with your dosage
    ^ my bad. You said 1000. Nice. I'm hoping for the same.

Thread Information