Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Interesting t3 idea/question

Myers is offline Associate Member

Interesting t3 idea/question

Has any1 tried to use low dose t3(like 37.5 mcg or smth like that) with test(let's say 500 a week) while bulking , ofc with spot on diet and training. Considering it regulates overall metabolism from what i've learned at university. Idea is to get leaner gains/less fat while bulking. What might happen( my thoughts ) :
    1)Leaner gains
    2) You would gain leaner gains but a bit less than you would if u did a cycle w/o it
    3) It would just produce less gains w/o any real benefit
    I guess your BMR also goes up ... but i'm kinda wondering if any1 actually experimented like this

Btw I'm 20 years old and on TRT so no worries about that...(might need to fix my thyroid too since i found out it's just below the ref. range as well.)

I'm also not planing to run this any time soon, maybe in a year or so..

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Some run an HRT dose of t3 when running a cycle which includes tren . This is based on data that shows a reduction in t3 when tren is administered to cattle. I have done this myself in the past without noticing much of a difference however some swear by it.
    I am really not sure there would be great benefit to doing what you are proposing unless t3 levels were low. Getting them within range would probably make the entire cycle run more smoothly were that the case but I am not so sure you would observe any great benefits in the area of fat gain etc.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Jimmyink is there any downsides to running t3 at 50-100 mcg with trt for extra fat loss?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    Jimmyink is there any downsides to running t3 at 50-100 mcg with trt for extra fat loss?
    The only potential issue I can foresee is that of muscle catbolism. If your on a true trt dose, which will merely keep your T levels within the clinically normal range, you run the risk of losing appreciable muscle along with body fat.
    Now if you were to increase your T dose slightly you could offset this possibility and get the benefit of fat loss from the T3 without the potential cost of losing muscle.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 05-08-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    The only potential issue I can foresee is that of muscle catbolism. If your on a true trt dose, which will merely keep your T levels within the clinicaally normal range, you run the risk of losing appreciable muscle along with body fat.
    Now if you were to increase your T dose slightly you could offset this possibility and get the benefit of fat loss from the T3 without the potential cost of losing muscle.
    Do have protocol that you have been successful with in the past? Thank you for the info Jimmy!!

Blog Entries
    In my experience if you take test at 400+mgs/week you can use T3 at 75-100mcg/day and stave off muscle catabolism and lose primarily body fat. Of course dont go over the top with your caloric deficit either. You could just drop it a couple hundred cals/day and lose significant bf while retaining your muscle mass.
    Joco71 likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That is a good point but I think most guys err on the side of caution with t3 and save it for cutters. I remember using t4 @ 100 mcgs (converts to 25 mcgs t3) and Hgh both on cycle and off and for a year and when bulking my gains weren't any leaner.

So any1 has an idea how to convince my endo i'm actually hypothyroid,my FT3 is 3.25 pmol/l , and the ref range around the world is mostly 3.5-6.5 pmol/l as i've seen , BUT in my country it's 2.15-6.45 lol , am i the crazy one here? Cause whenever i said my t3 is kinda on the low end they keep saying it's okay cause it's in the "range" , what should i do?!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you are going to be disappointed. Your metabolism is only going to crank up so much higher. That's why on a cut it's effective but on surplus calories it doesn't work as well. If that was the case most guys would be able to cut and bulk at the same time.

My metabolism is quite slow that's the problem :/ i'm cutting atm , but planing to bulk in like 2 months, i'm afraid i'm gonna gain more fat than intended with my thyroid. Ppl in my family actually have hypothyroidism so that's kinda worrying me

Blog Entries
    Usually that is something that is looked at and before you are put on trt they would address the thyroid issue if there was one (as the connection between the 2 was pointed out above). I would personally just keep an eye on Thyroid to see that it doesnt worsen. If they wont treat it, they wont treat it. It is not horrible. I am not sure I would go the self medicate route if that is what you are considering.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Usually that is something that is looked at and before you are put on trt they would address the thyroid issue if there was one (as the connection between the 2 was pointed out above). I would personally just keep an eye on Thyroid to see that it doesnt worsen. If they wont treat it, they wont treat it. It is not horrible. I am not sure I would go the self medicate route if that is what you are considering.
    They actually never even asked for my thyroid BW, i did it because kelkel told me to do it. Consider i'm living in a 3rd world country that's lagging behind for like 20 years, so yeah i'm screwed in that case. Still gonna hope for the best , i'm having a check up in a week. Thx for the info anyway!

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree with jimmy, TRT and high doses of T3 would eat away at muscle. But to the OP, I've used T3 in the off-season a handful of times in order to help stay leaner. It did seem to help some, although I can't say it made a magical difference. But I wouldn't recommend it in your case.

Thread Information