Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pete235
  • 1 Post By treant

Thread: What causes roid gut?

natural_NO_more is offline New Member

What causes roid gut?

A lot of pro's have roid guts. We know it is caused by the HGH but what exacty makes theire gut stick out like that? And is there anyway for them to tone it down? Just curious of your view on this.

NNM (foreign scum)

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    HGH (human growth hormone ) causes the entire body to grow, not just muscle. So when GH is abused, even the internal organs (viscera) grow...causing a distended belly. It is also said that GH causes more internal fat, not sub-q, but fat surrounding the inner organs...again this adds to the "BIG BELLY" look.
    coyotehunter likes this.

Originally posted by Pete235
    HGH (human growth hormone) causes the entire body to grow, not just muscle. So when GH is abused, even the internal organs (viscera) grow...causing a distended belly. It is also said that GH causes more internal fat, not sub-q, but fat surrounding the inner organs...again this adds to the "BIG BELLY" look.
    Thanx pete! But is there any way for them to "slim" it down ?

tommyblue is offline New Member
    Bros not just HGH makes your gut grow, just think of how much more you eat while on any gear. Though HGH makes your organs grow if taking to much or for to long , It is not only HGH.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tommyblue
    Bros not just HGH makes your gut grow, just think of how much more you eat while on any gear. Though HGH makes your organs grow if taking to much or for to long , It is not only HGH.
    He asked about the roid guts on "pros"...not about big bellies in general. The pros have distended stomachs from HGH, not from abnormal amounts of food. Although it's true that while bulking with fatty food the body fat on a users stomach increases, this is not the case with the pros in contest shape as they still have defined chisled abs...it's just that those abs are covering a basketball sized stomach.

desert rat is offline Junior Member
    I read a theory in an interview with Dave Palumbo, an ameateur who is massive and has a bad "roid gut". He feels that it is caused when a bodybuilder goes over 250lb. He says the "muscle has no where else to go" exactly what he meant I'm not sure. Anyway, this was in a recent mag I read on the shelf but didn't buy. Did anyone read this? I cannot remember which mag it was! It was very interesting and he was extremely open with everything.

SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member
    it was a recent muscle mag. he basically said what you said. when a bodybuilder gets over his ideal weight. the muscle starts getting so big that he looks like he's bloated. the arms, chest, back, and legs are doing the same thing, its just that when your abs get that big it doesnt look as good cause they have no where to go but out. but he could also be wrong. i mean hes not the biggest bodybuilder but he sure as hell has the widest waist.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    another reason for the big waist is heavy weights
    when doing deads and squating--which most big people have done to build a frame----the weight on the body,big breathing and push from the muscles causes the ab muscles to get bigger to support the weight and protect back and mid body.
    this heavy weight training with gh and big eating causes big bellies.some people whos belly looks big is muscular and hard as a rock and no fat on it its just because of reasons above

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    Let me expand with Tapout here, there are 3/4 of a dozen different types of muscles with in the core that quote un-quote make up the abs. Take the diafragm for example, aids in breathing control, hence heavy lifting causes actual internal muscle growth. I havent personaly read any scientific data to prove real inlargement of the organs is true.

good stuff.. bump!

Snake2YoFace is offline New Member

thats a trick question

Quote Originally Posted by natural_NO_more View Post
    A lot of pro's have roid guts. We know it is caused by the HGH but what exacty makes theire gut stick out like that? And is there anyway for them to tone it down? Just curious of your view on this.

NNM (foreign scum)
    I think if we re-wrote some basic physiology and kinesiology textbooks and challenged some long held facts of cellular growth, it might be possible.

Actually, No.

The only way for someone to tighten up or slim down roid gut is with a scalpel!

I think some are forgetting that about 30 to 40 years ago and way back to the late 1800s and early 1900s, Strong men like Pyotr Kryloff was able to one arm military press a 70 pound kettlebell 88, yes, eighty-eight times!!!!! He also possessed a build anyone has to admire. Arnold, yes, I went there, was a record holding powerlifter before he ventured into competitive bodybuilding. Oh, and his "little" buddy Franco Columbo was a boxer and powerlifter before bodybuilding. So if heavy weights cause some of the gut effect, how come so many men of strength prior to the introduction of anabolic and adrogens possessed washboard abs? Just for thoroughness Arnold and Franco did use gear, but no HgH.

You can quote me on that because I have a PhD in stuff other people worked tirelessly on, and to finish up the study, i come along with my copy and paste technique.

"I really do love talking about training, just not while I am training". ,Me

My Mission: To save others all the God Damn time I wasted aimlessly working out using the latest Muscle & Fitness mag while spending a couple hundred $ a month on all the latest supplements that did nothing but build a few companies good financial years. I also strongly disagree with one claiming they are serious about training then after the gym, shower, shave and bar all night! I urge the abstinence of this toxin, most dangerous is the weekend binge drinking (why couldn't I "get" abs? I heard you can get a six pack in a month if you switch to light beer!)

"as soon as I hear "I heard", in go my earplugs" ,Me

-Down with Bro-Science- and good riddance.

Last edited by Snake2YoFace; 03-18-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: thoroughness and love

treant is offline Junior Member
    From what I understand.. It is caused by HGH. Pure and simple.. Arnold and the bodybuilders of old NEVER had that.. They could do vacuums yet they ate LIKE CRAZY.

The distended gut is from HGH causing their intestines and such to grow.. Take a look also at their belly buttons. Many times their intestines rupture out through their belly button and they have to get surgery.

It has nothing to do with food intake and everything to do with HGH and organ growth.
    Snake2YoFace likes this.

BB14 is offline New Member
    Do peptides that release natural growth hormone in the body cause a distended belly as well or just hgh?

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    2002 ahhh the memories

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A bunch of newbies all bumping a 13 year old post. Hell I think Arnold was still competing when this was first made. lol

How the hell do newbies find these OLD post and then feel the need to post to them?

reporich is offline Associate Member
    I guess we should be glad they're reading.....

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reporich View Post
    I guess we should be glad they're reading.....
    Yes there is that.

Thread Information