AussieHusky is offline New Member

Cut cycle advice after Bulking with Test E/DECA/Stanozolol

Hi all,

Just completed my first bulk cycle and have started on my PCT in the last few days, I had DEXA scans before and after and dropped 5.5Kg of fat, and gained 8.9Kg of muscle over 3 months on the following cycle:
    Weeks 1-10: 250mg Test E + 250mg Deca twice weekly (500mg of each p/w)
    Weeks 12-14: 300mg Test E twice weekly + daily 50mg Oral Stanozolol

I'm still a big guy though (198cm/6'6") and 112Kg / 247lb, with 18% BF. Would really like to bring this down to around 15% BF through a cut cycle, but my understanding is I should wait at least 20 weeks (PCT + Cycle time) before starting on any more gear.

Should I wait until then in a maintenance cycle until I can start a gear supported cut cycle? I'd made a pretty poor attempt at a cut cycle before this and ended up losing 2kg of fat, and 4kg of muscle, so I'm paranoid about trying again.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    You are catabolic right now. Keep calories high in order to preserve as much lbm as possible. My advice is to get blood work done 6 weeks after you finish pct. if your numbers are back to normal ranges, try a SLOW cut and see how it goes for you. I don't know the details of your last cut, but chances are you either a) cut too fast, b) kept calories too low, c) both.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    You are catabolic right now. Keep calories high in order to preserve as much lbm as possible. My advice is to get blood work done 6 weeks after you finish pct. if your numbers are back to normal ranges, try a SLOW cut and see how it goes for you. I don't know the details of your last cut, but chances are you either a) cut too fast, b) kept calories too low, c) both.
    Cheers, do you think it would be okay to move into a more high rep tripleset workout routine? This is what my PT has recommended for me for the next few weeks, but he's also said I should stay on my bulk level calories to maintain mass.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your pct workout should be short and sweet not loaded with multiple sets. In and outbwithing 45-50 mins and minimal cardio if any. Whatever built your muscle is what you should continue with. High reps to 'cut' is old school but you should stay on your higher calories a few weeks beyond PCT.

Your body composition will change during PCT again and you will likely gain some fat and lose some muscle so you need to be consistent with your diet and training.

Your first cycle should have been test only. I'm hoping you ran an AI and HCG even though you didn't mention it. Your pct consists of clomid and nolva and started 2 weeks after your last test shot?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I only started reading the forums recently and had missed the AI and HCG , I didn't suffer any impacts to libido though, will definitely factor it in for the next one though.

I took the last of my test-e today, you're saying I should wait 2 weeks before starting PCT? I thought the idea was to kick your testosterone production back on to prevent a shortfall.

I was following the "How to come off Steroids " guide from this site when I purchased my PCT, it said you only needed Clomid or Nolva, so I just went with Clomid, I don't think I have the funds / time to sort getting Nolva as well at the minute.

My lean mass is very high (92Kg/ 202lb) because of my height and build, if that makes a difference. Started on Stanozolol at my trainers advice, but after reading I'm thinking that was a bad move, I was at 22% BF at the start of the cycle and I'm now at 18%, so it probably wouldn't have done much at that level of BF.

Your lucky you had no visible sides without the use of an AI. Whoever advised you on your cycle, you shouldn't listen to again, you are now in the right place. You need to wait 2 weeks for the test e to lower in your system before starting pct. No HCG on cycle then I'd say it's a must you use nolva and clomid in your pct. Start it 14 days after your last pin

Clomid 75/50/50/50
    Nolva 40/20/20/20

Don't listen to your trainer about gear. They want you to get quick results because it makes them look good not because they have your best interests at heart. Not to mention that a lot of trainers are also dealers and have their wallets interests at heart.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ah okay, Sorry, just double checked, I knew I bought Tamoxifen Citrate, but I thought that was Clomid, it's Nolva.

I was following the steroid . com page "How to come off Steroids ", it says a few times to only do one or the other, but it also recommends 40/40/20/20/10/10. It did say it would be adviseable to take hCG 10 days after my last pin, would that be more advisable than taking both Clomid and Nolva? I can't really afford to do hCG + Clomid + Nolva.

Ah okay, Sorry, just double checked, I knew I bought Tamoxifen Citrate, but I thought that was Clomid, it's Nolva.

I was following this sites page "How to come off Steroids ", it says a few times to only do one or the other, but it also recommends 40/40/20/20/10/10. It did say it would be adviseable to take hCG 10 days after my last pin, would that be more advisable than taking both Clomid and Nolva? I can't really afford to do hCG + Clomid + Nolva.

That's an old thread. You should run HCG on cycle and not in PCT.

Nolva and clomid as stated.

Here is some reading for you

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Austinite's Educational Article Database
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks! You've been a massive help. I'll buy Clomid and start it with the Nolva at 14 days.

Thread Information