Doggie19 is offline New Member

Doing my homework.

I've settled on doing a 12 week Test-E + Tren -E Cycle soon. I've done Test E in the past ( had a real good overseas supplier eons ago) with good results. Ten years later I'm out of shape at 264 lbs (haven't been near a gym).

I think it would be best if I tried to do my best to get in shape before trying to get my hands on some gear. My concern is; at 44, how much muscle wasting will I experience by losing weight and getting in shape first.... Your thoughts??????

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not worry about muscle wasting. Also, I would reconsider tren . It will totally kill your cardio; which is a great way to lose extra pounds. I would suggest working on diet and exercise while getting into routine you can work with. After you drop some pounds then go back to what you know and run a some test to build muscle. Good luck!

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Agreed ^^^

Even if you've used tren in the past, it is recommended if you're starting again to do straight test cycles and then add compounds after that. If you've not trained in a long time your body will not be ready for the onslaught that steroids will cause and you substantially increase your chances of injury. In addition you central nervous system wont be able to adapt quickly enough and you'll end up with some over training problems.

I'd suggest you get a good 12 months (its normally 2 years for newbs) of serious training before attempting a cycle. I don't worry too much about muscle wasting unless you cut too hard. You will loose some, so just accept it to get to where you want to be. If done properly you should only loose a minimal amount of muscle which is very quickly rebuilt due to muscle memory when you begin to bulk again.

You definitely want to be under 15% bf before you consider cycling.

There is a wealth of great info in this thread. I must have read this about 20+ times and still find new useful info.
    My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    Last edited by thephoenix25; 05-14-2015 at 11:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hadn't cycled in years and started up again at 42......I have never felt better!!!!! Yes, you def should get your bf down and hopefully into the teens before cycling. If you follow a solid diet them muscle wasting should be to a minimum. I started with a tes only cycle after so many years of being away from it despite having tried many different compounds.

Thread Information