Results 1 to 32 of 32
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Frontpump
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By hawk14dl

Thread: Injection Anxiety...didn't see this coming

  1. #1
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238

    Injection Anxiety...didn't see this coming

    Yes so I'm getting apparently crazy nervous every time I inject.

    All I can think about are oil embolisms and intramuscular infections.

    I just don't know enough about what does and doesn't matter to be fully comfortable with this stuff. Like how are you supposed to know if something is a big deal or a little deal, if you just don't know?

    You guys have any pointers?

    I've actually gotten more nervous the more injections I do, not the opposite.

    Shit is really stressing me out actually. Maybe I'm a bitch.

    what's up?

  2. #2
    djgreen's Avatar
    djgreen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,220
    just go for it and it will get a little better each time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MEXICAN DRUG LORD
    Posts
    1,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    To be honest with you if you're nervous every single time then why even do it unless you need TRT? If it's affecting you that psychologically negatively?

    "How to inject" instruction video could help..But you already know how to inject?

    "How to aspirate " instruction video..Maybe you already do?

    Making sure you're using alcohol swabs and making sure everything is sterile upon usage could def help you out mentally a bit? Switching needles after drawing to inject?

    I agree it will get better with time...But if it's a real problem i would really reconsider things

  4. #4
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    I'm doing this because I have a 3 year complex injury that is so far undiagnosable and not healing properly. This is sort of my last ditch effort at having a functional neck and shoulder again. No doctor's have done shit. And I've seen 7 or more. 5 Mri's, 6 x-rays. I just want to lift again. I'm only 27, it's too ****ing early to be this limited in the gym. Used to be my life. So that's why I'm doing it. Collagen building compounds, deca , eg, anavar , etc.

    Not doing growth cause I keep hearing it's not real post-china olympics anyway.

    -watched a lot of how to vids
    -definitely aspirating
    -I'm using sterile mats, sterile gloves, alchohol swabs, switching needles, and I whatman filtered everything

    My concern is that something I'm not aware of will happen. How can you know what you don't know? You see what I mean.
    lovbyts likes this.

  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    I'm doing this because I have a 3 year complex injury that is so far undiagnosable and not healing properly. This is sort of my last ditch effort at having a functional neck and shoulder again. No doctor's have done shit. And I've seen 7 or more. 5 Mri's, 6 x-rays. I just want to lift again. I'm only 27, it's too ****ing early to be this limited in the gym. Used to be my life. So that's why I'm doing it. Collagen building compounds, deca , eg, anavar , etc.

    Not doing growth cause I keep hearing it's not real post-china olympics anyway.

    -watched a lot of how to vids
    -definitely aspirating
    -I'm using sterile mats, sterile gloves, alchohol swabs, switching needles, and I whatman filtered everything

    My concern is that something I'm not aware of will happen. How can you know what you don't know? You see what I mean.
    Smart man. Only HGH via RX.

    Yeah I hear you, I was pretty much the same way and I still dont like to pin. What I found is dont over think it. No gloves, no trying to be sterile. I just pin after a shower so I know I'm clean and I dont dart. Good new sharp needle after I draw and instead of dart I just touch to the skin and SLOWLY apply pressure. If it's a good spot it goes in Slow like a hot knife into butter and I dont feel anything at all.
    NACH3 and blakegains like this.

  6. #6
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    You should be researching TB500, think it could help you much more than steroids
    Red Bastard likes this.

  7. #7
    Jesusbrah's Avatar
    Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    476
    I had it the same way the first time i injected on myself. After 15 minutes of maning myself up, i just slowly pressed the needle in my quad. Just take a deep breath, bite your teeth together and do it!

  8. #8
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    The TB500 thing is still so new. I've read it's great, I've read it's dangerous. All the NLM article just deal with detecting it to prevent blood doping (great ****ing priorities medical community).

    Maybe if more people used it and could chime in...

    I consider it risky using AAS already, much less a brand new peptide with little longevity in the community.

  9. #9
    swolehead's Avatar
    swolehead is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    536
    what needle size r u using my first cycle i felt this way using 23guage 1 inch switched to 25g 1 inch after and never realy got nervouse about it again cause it goes in so easy

  10. #10
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    The TB500 thing is still so new. I've read it's great, I've read it's dangerous. All the NLM article just deal with detecting it to prevent blood doping (great ****ing priorities medical community).

    Maybe if more people used it and could chime in...

    I consider it risky using AAS already, much less a brand new peptide with little longevity in the community.
    Where have you read it's dangerous? I have used it off and on for a couple of years and know quite a few who also use it and have never heard anyone who had problems with it.
    swolehead and Red Bastard like this.

  11. #11
    Armykid93's Avatar
    Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where they take my ass
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Smart man. Only HGH via RX. Yeah I hear you, I was pretty much the same way and I still dont like to pin. What I found is dont over think it. No gloves, no trying to be sterile. I just pin after a shower so I know I'm clean and I dont dart. Good new sharp needle after I draw and instead of dart I just touch to the skin and SLOWLY apply pressure. If it's a good spot it goes in Slow like a hot knife into butter and I dont feel anything at all.
    Phenomenal advice. Slowly apply pressure. Not sure how people dart anyways. I'd be terrified to dart.

  12. #12
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    I have no fear of needles but I still don't dart! I do exactly what LB said! Nice spot & slides right like butta!

  13. #13
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Agreed with not darting, which I imagine you don't do anyway. I wouldn't say I look forward to pinning, but I certainly don't shy away from it. Try to keep the muscle relaxed (if I'm going to inject into my right glute, I stand so that all my weight is on my left leg). Push the needle in slooooowly, aspirate , then inject slowly as well. It's not a race.

    And I agree with LB on the TB500. Never heard any reports stating that TB500 is dangerous. In fact, it has done wonders for my shoulders and knees. It's not a quick fix; it takes some time to heal things properly, especially depending on what type of injury you have, but it DOES work. Good luck!

  14. #14
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    What makes you think that steroids will help with some sort of neck/spinal injury?
    You're likely doing this all for nothing.

  15. #15
    Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Central U.S
    Posts
    1,318
    I agree with everything everyone is saying. Just take a deep breath and stop over thinking it. It's not rocket science and there is little to no pain involved.You need to get yourself to believe these things or you will continue to have problems with injections its all in your head. Get out of your own head. Lol Good Luck.

  16. #16
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    There was an article on another board about tb500 being carcinogenic. Yea pretty much every AAS and PCT drug is on the list of carcinogens I know, but still, it put me a step back.

    I have a torn trapezius tendon, where it connects to the base of my skull. Also an undiagnosable weak right shoulder. The only thing that hasn't been ruled out is a torn labrum. All from the same squat injury. 450 under a rack, nailed it, and then I've never been the same.

    I chose Deca , EQ, Anavar , all for two reasons:

    1. Increase collagen synthesis
    2. Increased red blood cell count (faster healing)

    Also, a plan I was entertaining but have not decided on yet, involves getting my physical therapist (a very well rounded, formally educated, professional who is open to anabolics), to help me perform a PRP injection at the shoulder and neck. 8 weeks in, draw the blood and run through centrifuge, then inject plate rich plasma into the tendons. It pretty much works, but it's not insured yet. It would essentially be a PRP injection "on steroids ". You get the idea.

    I'm 3 years into hardly being able to write on a board for 30 seconds, much less press and clean 200 like the good ol' days.

    So I'm pretty much ready to try anything to get my neck and shoulder back.

    I skipped on my injection today. It was even worse than last night. Don't know why. I might have to figure out another plan unfortunately.

  17. #17
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    There was an article on another board about tb500 being carcinogenic. Yea pretty much every AAS and PCT drug is on the list of carcinogens I know, but still, it put me a step back.

    I have a torn trapezius tendon, where it connects to the base of my skull. Also an undiagnosable weak right shoulder. The only thing that hasn't been ruled out is a torn labrum. All from the same squat injury. 450 under a rack, nailed it, and then I've never been the same.

    I chose Deca , EQ, Anavar , all for two reasons:

    1. Increase collagen synthesis
    2. Increased red blood cell count (faster healing)

    Also, a plan I was entertaining but have not decided on yet, involves getting my physical therapist (a very well rounded, formally educated, professional who is open to anabolics), to help me perform a PRP injection at the shoulder and neck. 8 weeks in, draw the blood and run through centrifuge, then inject plate rich plasma into the tendons. It pretty much works, but it's not insured yet. It would essentially be a PRP injection "on steroids ". You get the idea.

    I'm 3 years into hardly being able to write on a board for 30 seconds, much less press and clean 200 like the good ol' days.

    So I'm pretty much ready to try anything to get my neck and shoulder back.

    I skipped on my injection today. It was even worse than last night. Don't know why. I might have to figure out another plan unfortunately.
    You ever looked into subQ injections then... At most in a subQ inj is .6ml(then find another spot if injecting anything more than .6ml at a time, which I'm sure you will... you'll get lumps and painful ones if injecting more than .6ml in one spot! Just another thought if your having so much trouble pinning!

  18. #18
    Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Central U.S
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    You ever looked into subQ injections then... At most in a subQ inj is .6ml(then find another spot if injecting anything more than .6ml at a time, which I'm sure you will... you'll get lumps and painful ones if injecting more than .6ml in one spot! Just another thought if your having so much trouble pinning!
    Thats' a great Idea Nach gave you I would get some slin and give it a whirl nothing to loose at this point. Good luck in whatever you decide!!

  19. #19
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    Are you guys saying you can do subQ injections of text e, deca , EQ, etc?

    This is news to me, but might be a solution.

  20. #20
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    Are you guys saying you can do subQ injections of text e, deca , EQ, etc?

    This is news to me, but might be a solution.
    You can inj anything subQ(in your fat), no more than .6ml in an inj... I stated earlier you may want to ease into that dose - Ive only pinned HCG subQ(RX HGH soon )

  21. #21
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    You can inj anything subQ(in your fat), no more than .6ml in an inj... I stated earlier you may want to ease into that dose - Ive only pinned HCG subQ(RX HGH soon )
    Is there any difference in effectiveness/absorption between SubQ and IM, NACH?

  22. #22
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Not typically. On trt i actually feel better on sub q.

    I've recently switched my cycle doses to .3ml ed sub q instead of 1ml 2x wk. 2 weeks now, haven't felt any difference

  23. #23
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    I've read on other boards that it results in lower total blood levels.

    Regardless, I just pinned .4ml of deca in left and right stomach, to get me right at 160mg. It did help considerably with the anxiety. Also, removing the sterile gloves and sterile matt was helpful. It created less buildup/anticipation...less time to get nervous.

    Some basics since I've never even considered sub Q.

    -How soon until I can re-pin the same area? Obviously will need to pin more frequently given smaller total ML's.
    -Googling subq injection sites shows stomach, glutes, back of arms, and back. Could I just inject anywhere that I'm fat? Like inner thigh for example.
    -I aspirated anyway, but is it still necessary?
    -what else do I need to consider about sub q?

    I was getting really bummed honestly. I've never had a "phobia" "fear of X" etc. And I didn't know I had a thing with needles until I started using them. That something so trivial and exceptionally uncharacteristic of my generally "ballsy" personality, would keep me from my last ditch attempt of getting back in the gym...really felt like a blow.

    So the sub Q is helpful. Thanks guys, for realio.

  24. #24
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Is there any difference in effectiveness/absorption between SubQ and IM, NACH?
    If anything it'd be like slitting hairs... Unless someone would like to share bloods while doing subQ INJ then IM inj w/same compound at same dose?!

    I wouldn't think so since people on HRT do use it w/very good effectiveness(like Hawk for ex) I think people read to much into it tbh!

  25. #25
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Basically anywhere you can pinch something(fatty - doesn't have to be much) but not skin... I've personall never done it... Except for my hCG - but I would think rotating sites would help but if no pain or bumps your g2g in same spot

  26. #26
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    I was on 75mgx2 IM, put my test levels at 1050
    switched to 60mgx2 sub q test was at 970.

    As long as you can pinch fat you're golden. I do upper quads, glutes. One of my favorite spots is to of the leg, when you sit down and your skin folds at your hip, perfect spot.
    No need to aspirate . There are no veins in the subq region.

    Only thing to consider, my ugl gear leaves bumps when i inject in my stomach. My rx gear does not. I'm not sure why the difference, but alas.

    If you do an injection and have a bump the next day or two, probably nothing to worry about. Mine even turn pink. if it feels hot or itchy, or stays longer then a couple of days you should see a dr.

    Id rotate spots where you hit the area once a wk.
    NACH3 likes this.

  27. #27
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    Okay so the subQ stuff is definitely the route for me. All clear. Yes, there are some bumps in yesterdays injections, so I just injected a few inches away from those today (had to split up the doses obviously), and now we're all clear.

    Maybe one day I'll chill out and turn into a real man. In the mean time, I'm a fat stabber till then.

  28. #28
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Try a delt. I use an insulin pin to do my delts, 1/2" long is plenty for me. Easy and painless (everything is personal when it comes to injections. . What works for some doesn't for others)

  29. #29
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,272
    Blog Entries
    2
    Get a woman that does em for you


    I always hate doing my own shots. . . Twice I got so shaky, I shook the spike while I was injecting. When I pulled it out, blood shot out for about a foot each time.


    If I really focus, I can do them - But, it's way easier if someone else does the shot.

  30. #30
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    Pal's did the first few, and the lady friend has offered...but I'm headed out on a 12 month U.S. tour, on my own, and need to learn to do it myself anyway. I know what you mean though, waaaaaay easier when someone else has the needle.

  31. #31
    Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238
    Okay people, one of the 4 SubQ injections has started to turn red and get hot. Two others look only slightly irritated, and 1 of the 4 looks like nothing happened.

    The red one stung way more than the others. I took an aspirin as a fever reducer.

    These were all on my stomach, and the one that's red and hot is two inches to the right and 3 inches south of the belly button.

    I drew a circle around it to see if it gets bigger or smaller. What's my next best step here?

    What might I expect if it gets worse? Go to hospital, deny AAS, don't disclose the AI's, dostinex, test, deca , in my system, take the antiobiotic IV...etc etc?

    Such a handful these injections are.

  32. #32
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You should be researching TB500, think it could help you much more than steroids
    I agree with this 100%. I have a log that I did on TB. It changed my life. I had a serious neck injury that prevented me from doing much of any pressing exercises. I did one cycle of TB and it got about 70% better and it's been a long time since I did it. I'm no longer in pain at all and would use it again in a heartbeat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •