Camaroguru is offline Junior Member

AAS after tricep reattachment?

So I've been studying for 2 yrs, prepping for my first cycle. 45 yrs old, lifting since I was 14; pretty knowledgeable about my diet and lifting etc...
    Well I just had to have my tricep reattached to my elbow due to a degenerated tendon. I'm wondering if I should never again consider AAS because I had this procedure done? Obviously I would wait until 100% healed and going full bore at the gym again but am I more susceptible to injuring that repair now? They attached the end of the tendon to an anchor, drilled a hole in the forearm bone and drove the anchor into the hole. They said I should be 100% after all pt etc...
    Anyone else doing AAS after a repair like this?

Blog Entries
    Yes if they said you should be 100% recovered after you've let yourself heal for a certain amount of time... you should be able to get back in the gym and there are plenty who've had procedures like this and worse who are back on AAS and lifting heavy again if anything i say try to work a little lighter to start and be a little more cautious at first but once you get in tune with your body and what responds well post-procedure there should be nothing limiting you from training + AAS

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    If the doc said that you can lift heavy and intense after you are healed then go for it, I would wait an build up the arm slowly first because it will be weak from recovery

Reattaching bicep during shoulder work is fairly common. My brother and my training partner's had it done. It takes about a year but they're back to 100%. Well, better than 100% since they weren't able to do Olympic lifting due to their shoulder.

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member
    cool, thanks. I'll keep doing my homework while healing.
    For starters, whats the difference between HGH and say Test E? Would I want to do HGH for a first cycle instead of test? Just curious because I believe most athletes use hgh after an injury like this don't they?
    Sorry if this is beginner stuff....

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Yep, agree with ScotchGuard. I had my left bicep reattached with shoulder surgery (labrum and cuff) last October. I'm back at it full-time. Good luck!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never say never but make sure you are healed 100% and start slow especially with cycle.

Thread Information