xray2606 is offline New Member

Newbie needing help!!

Right I'm 30 years old, been training on and off for a few years without getting very far to be honest and I always lose interest after seeing no gains.

Age 30
    Weight 10.040 / 146.lb
    Height 5ft 11 inch
    Bf not know but can't see it been much due to skinny ness

I am very active but I do eat a lot got my diet up to an avg of 3000 calls or more, right I've decided on test e only cycle for 12 week at 500mg a week, 250mg twice a week, training back five days a week, just after any advice or constructive criticism lol on what else i can try? Cheers in advance if I've missed any info needed please ask

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would reconsider cycling . Your way to light and need to work on a solid base. Your not getting far because your not being consistent. This is a lifestyle and commitment. A cycle isn't going to pack in 20 solid pounds of muscle and voila that's it. You could easily gain 25 pounds on your own before considering a cycle which should consist of tes only.

Cheers for reply bro, much appreciated, thing is I have always been active football, running and sports in general, but since about 24 I've got the gym bug, I love the feeling after, thing is a lot of friends started using years ago and to be honest I'm jealous bro, I always said no and just kept eating and training with no gains, I've done my research and test e seems the best option just for a boast if that makes sense put some timber on then trim it if that makes sense I've had 10 mates tell me cycles to try but at end of day it's my body my risk so looked into it a lot and decided on test,, I'm at week 1, two shots, and I know it's all in my head but I'm training harder than ever!!, I also know I need to up my cals by a fair bit, but just wondering what I'm looking for in effects wise and time length, I know I'm not gunna be hulk after this but surely it's gotta help, again cheers for reply bro

[QUOTE="xray2606"]Cheers for reply bro, much appreciated, thing is I have always been active football, running and sports in general, but since about 24 I've got the gym bug, I love the feeling after, thing is a lot of friends started using years ago and to be honest I'm jealous bro, I always said no and just kept eating and training with no gains, I've done my research and test e seems the best option just for a boast if that makes sense put some timber on then trim it if that makes sense I've had 10 mates tell me cycles to try but at end of day it's my body my risk so looked into it a lot and decided on test,, I'm at week 1, two shots, and I know it's all in my head but I'm training harder than ever!!, I also know I need to up my cals by a fair bit, but just wondering what I'm looking for in effects wise and time length, I know I'm not gunna be hulk after this but surely it's gotta help, again cheers for reply bro sorry bout life story bud but just wanted to explain situation as best I could lol

By the way I'm not ignoring your advice bro, I'd love to do it nateral to be ho honest but my body just doesn't seem to want it, trust me I hold my own with sum big lads in gym and am quite defined but just not get bigger lol

edmondle is offline Junior Member
    I reckon you need to eat more for gains

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    You need to eat! I said the same thing and these Bros were right. Get a serious diet mapped out and post in the nutritional section those dudes will help critique. Your real light right now. If you can't build WITHOUT aas you WON'T build with it. IMHO on and off isn't good enough. You should be solid in the gym for at least a year.

I came to this site at 155lbs saying the same stuff. Got my diet right and swoll up to 189 lbs, then trimmed some fat to get to 182 at %14 bf...Diet diet diet

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Buster here's why in most cases if you can't make the natural gains past 146 lbs and maintain it. It is likely anything you gain on cycle will be be gone shortly after you end cycle. Sounds like your diet needs work not trying to sound like a jerk just trying to help. Good luck with what ever choose but vets like Buster and many others give great advice and for good reason.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you don't truly learn how to eat and train for growth then you will be wasting a cycle or cycles for that matter. The idea of cycling is to take you "beyond " your genetic potential , not get you to your genetic potential. That is something that you should be able to get or get close to on your own. Even if you do gain a few pounds on cycle, you most likely won't be able to make it stick do to your diet. Please reevaluate.....good luck

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes eating properly is #1 and also training goes hand in hand. As you say it's been off and on. Sorry but you are not gaining due to the off and on. Yes you loose motivation but its more from lack of dedication. It wont matter with or without aas the dedication comes first, not the other way around. The same things that made you stop training before will keep you from it in the future even with aas use. You need to be dedicated and that means training without gear for several years first to reach or at least get near your genetic potential.

Cheers for your replays guys, that's why I joined this forum, it seemed the most sensible if that makes sense lol, after reading through many!!!
    I know my diet needs work I use a nutition calculater to count cals, I will take a look at the diet thread and ask there advice on that thanks gents!
    Right when I say on and off training I don't mean 1 week on and several off I've done months and months and months hard graft in gym and only gained a few pounds to be honest and eat 3000+ cals a day seems a bit harsh to me and that's proper food not 50% whey, I've nether bothered with the stuff after a guy told me most was just shit,I just use egg whites, but I have just ordered some whey protein and creatine m, just pisses me off when I know guys that eat shit and train shit but get juiced up to nines and look better than me. I always seem to gain and lose, gain and lose and I can lift for my size, so I'm on my third shot Monday, I think I'm gunna see twelve week through that's unless someone changes my mind, I've said no to aas for over five years plus now I've took the plunge( so to speak) it won't hurt just to see cycle through will it? If I gain like a mofo and then lose it off cycle then be it! Ya live ya learn, I know this sounds like I haven't listen to you guys but that couldn't be further truth its just it's took me this long to build up the balls to start so just gunna see it through now I'm neck deep lol again thanks guys for taking the time to reply and any more advice to get me through next twelve week would be gratefully received guys.

One or two shakes a day is fine for protein and energy but never replace real food with shakes.

Yeah it can get a little frustrating not feeling like you are gaining but a lot of time you cant rely on scale. I found taking pictures once ever 2 or 3 weeks using the same camera, same background, same clothes and same lighting showed more change than any scale or mirror. I felt the smallest when I was near my biggest. lol Pictures showed different.

I eat and eat bro, 3000+ cals a day is a lot for some one my size lol so hopefully shakes will push this up a fair bit if I carry on eating same I do eat a lot of the same things day in day out because I know there values lol, I read in the thread above about genetics, my mum and dad are both skinny so after eating and training like I have been could this be my natural make up? My dad was skinny as **** till he hit 50 then just bloated up lol he's 58 now and having to go on a diet lol, I'll post a copy of my daily diet laters on here if that ok? See what you guys think, just off footballing then mums for Sunday roast!! Best meal of week lol again cheers guys and speak to you laters

yes genetics have a lot to do with it of course, at least to a point. You dad probably bloated at 50 because of low T. He should get his hormones checked.

Yeah it's not easy to eat enough sometimes but there are a few things you can do about that. Eat more often, 6+ times a day. Always have healthy snacks or real food to snack on as often as possible.

There is an easy rule of thumb. If you want to be 200 lbs you have to eat like a 200 lb person. That does not mean fat/junk but at the same time there are a lot of healthy fats so dont cut them out 100%, just learn what is good and bad.

Cheers lovbyts, I'm going to post my diet on relevant thread see where I'm going wrong, I just don't want guys on here thinking I've just jumped in to juice blind I've tried al sorts bro horny goat weed the lot lol and this is my last option if ya know what I mean, I've always been skinny bro and got used to it ( hence nickname xray) that's what I used to look like with top off lol, but since hitting 30 it's turned into a big deal to get these gains, I have always been fit and healthy, but now I WANT size I've cut down a lot on cardio only doing about 20 mins after workout to lessen cal burn! You ever done a test e cycle bro? I know it's slow am expecting to feel something about 4-5 week period but am just going on wat I've been told I'm training 6 days a week having Sunday off for football, I used to be a bad binge drinker at weekends but since starting cycle I've knocked it on head altogether, I know this is worse on orals but just dunt want it effecting my liver! Even tho a few Stella's shoot cal count up lol I have just invested in a shit hot blender any home made shake ideas would be much appreciated bro and nice chatting to you pal

Thread Information