Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Abs

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member

Abs

Hello everyone! i may be posting this is the wrong threat but... I have been cutting for 2-3 months so far and I still don't have abs (only if I flex I get a 4 pack). Some guys at my local gym just turned a beer belly in a lean 6 pack in less than a month while getting stronger too. Is it posible that they use something? What should I do?

My diet:
    5 boiled eggs
    half chicken breast or beef with salad and/or boiled veggies + banana or cherries or strawberries
    workout
    the same as meal 2
    cottage cheese

In my opinion it is a good diet and fat burners/clen did not work for me...
    I feel like giving up or getting some win.

Quote Originally Posted by T3ckton1k View Post
    Hello everyone! i may be posting this is the wrong threat but... I have been cutting for 2-3 months so far and I still don't have abs (only if I flex I get a 4 pack). Some guys at my local gym just turned a beer belly in a lean 6 pack in less than a month while getting stronger too. Is it posible that they use something? What should I do?

My diet:
    5 boiled eggs
    half chicken breast or beef with salad and/or boiled veggies + banana or cherries or strawberries
    workout
    the same as meal 2
    cottage cheese

Are you tracking your macros? Some people do not have the genetics for a good 6 pack, some freaks have 8 packs.

Klaus88 is offline New Member
    I would post this in the nutrition section for more replies.

Klaus88 is offline New Member
    Also look into intermittent fasting imo it works pretty good

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus88 View Post
    Also look into intermittent fasting imo it works pretty good
    It should work but I am going to loose a lot of muscles if I do that... I can't even train hungry, without a proper breakfast and lunch...

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    What are you eating the rest of the day?

Blog Entries
    alot of abs is genetics and work you put in the gym diet is the biggest part but those are the other big factors.. guys with wider waists will look better on their abs at 13-15% BF because they store most of their fat in their lower back etc but if you have a small waist at 13-15% you might still have some fat covering the front of your abs but as you get lower into the 8-9%'s you will start to look much better than the wide waist guys as they lower back will improve a little bit but they'll still be wider while your lower back was better you have a smaller waist, and you're starting to get shredded from the front

Blog Entries
    + lots of guys who have been working abs for a long time start to get abs at higher bf % not by much but maybe 1-2% over time because theirs are strong and bigger and more muscular abs are muscle just like anything else that grow but it's less like low reps high weight better abs are built of low weight high reps and don't work them everyday like some people say that's very stupid but i'd say 3 times a week to start at 10-15 minutes of hitting them with little rest will really get you in the right direction

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Google "so you want abs" then just do the workout routine religiously and with full intensity. It worked for me, currently to much BF for 6 but 4 all day.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

My diet:
    5 boiled eggs
    workout
    the same as meal 2
    cottage cheese

Are you training your abs directly?

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know some of the links are dead but you will get the picture. Go to walmart and buy some of these Valeo Ab Straps - Walmart.com then do this http://forums.steroid.com/workout-tr...-want-abs.html

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Some guys at my local gym just turned a beer belly in a lean 6 pack in less than a month while getting stronger too.
    They already had plenty of muscle (including abs) hiding under some fat from being in shape previously. You're starting from scratch, so it will take longer to actually build that muscle vs just losing a bit of fat to expose it.
    lovbyts and clarky. like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

My diet:
    5 boiled eggs
    workout
    the same as meal 2
    cottage cheese

Well it's a good thing you are not looking for instant results or instant gratification.

2 or 3 months, really? If it was that easy most everyone would have abs.

It all depends on how much body fat you have and how good your diet and training is. Maybe it will take you 6 months or even a year if your body fat is not high.

The guys who turned their beer belly into abs probably have a lot of experience with diet and training and just took a little time off. Maybe you should watch and copy what they do at the gym. This is something Ive never understood. If someone wants to look like someone at their gym why not just shadow them?
    clarky. likes this.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

The guys who turned their beer belly into abs probably have a lot of experience with diet and training and just took a little time off. Maybe you should watch and copy what they do at the gym. This is something Ive never understood. If someone wants to look like someone at their gym why not just shadow them?
    I suppose its due to the same reason most men won't approach women in public in broad daylight, fear of either being rejected or fear or hearing something that they don't want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    I suppose its due to the same reason most men won't approach women in public in broad daylight, fear of either being rejected or fear or hearing something that they don't want to hear.
    The thing is you dont have to approach them, just do what they are doing. Pay attention and try to copy them more or less. I mean when you see some skinny guy in the gym who is rocking back and forth like he is doing pelvic thrust while curling and only moving his arms 1/4 movement and another guy is not far from them who is in good shape also doing curls properly dont you think the skinny guy would pay attention to the other one and try to simulate what he is doing? The reality is no, most of the time they do their own thing instead. I just dont get it.

I tend to pay attention to most everyone in-between sets and see people who are doing crazy stupid stuff with terrible form. Of course they are always the ones who are out of shape even if they have been going for years. Then I see a few guys who are pretty decent and they are always doing everything proper.

I know when I was learning I tried to pay attention what others were doing and when someone tried to give me advice who was out of shape you just ignore them and pay attention to the ones in good shape.

I have always done the same with other aspects in life be it work or playing. I dont know, just makes sense to me...

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    I've seen plenty of guys in good shape over the years with flat out awful routines. Some people have great genetics so you still have to be careful who you follow imo.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Well it's a good thing you are not looking for instant results or instant gratification.

2 or 3 months, really? If it was that easy most everyone would have abs.

It all depends on how much body fat you have and how good your diet and training is. Maybe it will take you 6 months or even a year if your body fat is not high.

^^^^^^ This is sound advice. Pay particular attention to the first 10 words in sentence three.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    To much work. I can get abs in no time for about $7

clarky. likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Ha. Did u see that now you can have ab packs implants? Just see the cosmetic surgeon bear you!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Ha. Did u see that now you can have ab packs implants? Just see the cosmetic surgeon bear you!
    Yes... Butt implants, calf implants and most everything else you can think of.
    I wonder what happens to the ab implant when you gain fat over it? lol

wellshii is offline Member
    HIIT. Re adjust your diet,calculate bmr,bf %,lean mass,. Got pics?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes... Butt implants, calf implants and most everything else you can think of.
    I wonder what happens to the ab implant when you gain fat over it? lol
    Same as with real abs. They disappear until you lose weight.
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information