Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Peak Plamsa vs Half Life

Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Peak Plamsa vs Half Life

I guess I understand the principle, steady state levels vs elimination rates, but I don't fully see the application.

So which factor is more relevant in terms of usage?

I had a gyno flair, and I hit it with 2.5 of letro ED, starting two days ago, and again today. I haven't noticed any sides whatsoever (whereas exemestane sides were pretty much instant, like 8 hours later).

So re-reading up, letro has a half life of 2-4 days, yet reaches peak plasma at levels at 60 days.

So what does that mean and how should I manage it, in my current scenario, which is gyno flare.

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    2.5mg of Letro for a flare up? That is a lot. A SERM would have been a better choice for a flare up in my opinion. What are you running?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    You should, as was stated, hop on a serm. Preferably ralox but tamox is a close second. Dont use an ai to intentionally crash your estrogen. It unhealthy, uncomfortable and unnecessary.

I'm avoiding the SERM because I'm running DECA (although I'm dropping the deca, it's still active for now).

Test E 500mg
    Deca 400mg
    Letro 2.5mg ED, eventually less EOD
    Caber .5 per week (dropping this along with deca because of vision issues)
    HCG 250iu, 2Xweek

I do have tamox on hand.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    What exactly does deca have to do with raloxifene?
    Even the deca/tamoxifen nonsense you read is just that-nonsense.
    Hop on ralox at 60mg/day or tamox at 40mg/day for 1 week then at 20mg/day from there on out.
    austinite likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just got rid of a flare up using tamox, while on tren . Like jimmyinkedup said its bullshit. Tamox is fine with tren or decca. I also used .5 of letro morning and night. I used the standard protocol Austinite posted in the e2 management stickie. 40mgfor a week, and 20mg til gone. It took roughly 3 weeks, and it is gone completely.

Okay guys, I'll jump on the tamox that I have and keep my AI dosages a little lower/in check.

But can somebody please address the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    I guess I understand the principle, steady state levels vs elimination rates, but I don't fully see the application.

So which factor is more relevant in terms of usage?
    The answer is both....and neither.

Half life dictates the time needed to achieve steady state levels. This allows an optimal dosing protocol to be determined so that the amount coming in is equal to the amount being eliminated. Other than that the only other real application for us is knowing when to begin PCT; however, active life is more applicable than half life in this situation. Although guys use the terms interchangeably they are not interchangeable.

Hope that answers your question?

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPlease? View Post
    The answer is both....and neither.

Half life dictates the time needed to achieve steady state levels. This allows an optimal dosing protocol to be determined so that the amount coming in is equal to the amount being eliminated. Other than that the only other real application for us is knowing when to begin PCT; however, active life is more applicable than half life in this situation. Although guys use the terms interchangeably they are not interchangeable.

Hope that answers your question?
    Maybe some clarification. How does half life dictate steady plasma levels?

If letro has a half life of 2 to 4 days (call it 3), but reaches steady plasma at 60 days?

So if one dose of letro at 2mg takes
    3 days to become 1mg
    3 more days to become .5mg
    3 more days to become .25mg

Okay I'm getting it. Steady plasma assumes that you continue taking a drug at the same dosage every day. That's what I was missing. If you take a drug every day, the amount that you add and the amount that your body excretes eventually find equilibrium. Same amount going in, same amount going out, and then you have steady plasma levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    Maybe some clarification. How does half life dictate steady plasma levels?

If letro has a half life of 2 to 4 days (call it 3), but reaches steady plasma at 60 days?

So if one dose of letro at 2mg takes
    3 days to become 1mg
    3 more days to become .5mg
    3 more days to become .25mg

Okay I'm getting it. Steady plasma assumes that you continue taking a drug at the same dosage every day. That's what I was missing. If you take a drug every day, the amount that you add and the amount that your body excretes eventually find equilibrium. Same amount going in, same amount going out, and then you have steady plasma levels.
    This ^

Generally it is around 5 half lives to reach steady state plasma levels. I have seen the 60 days to staeady state tossed around the forums but the pharmcokinetics for letrozole indicate 2 to 6 weeks to achieve steady state plasma levels.

Thread Information