Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WMSuperSport

Thread: Is finasteride really that awful? (shedding post cycle)

jaxbrah is offline Associate Member

Is finasteride really that awful? (shedding post cycle)

so i just finished up a cycle of tren with good success. went from 205 to a solid 218 after some fat cutting.

but anyway, during the cycle (and my previous cycles) i never suffered from any hairloss or shedding. however, this time, i started to notice a little shedding and some thinning of the hairline a couple weeks after i stopped taking tren. is this typical at all? and should i start taking fina/minox to try and get it back?

the only thing holding me back is the shit i read online about fina obliterating a mans libido. is this blown out of proportion on the internet? is it safe to atleast try?

if it makes a difference, im on trt so i dont think i have to worry about fina lowering my test levels

i forgot to ask, what about muscle mass decrease and lethargy? i heard those can be side effects as well due to the lack of dht

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Going forward you'll have to choose bw tren /etc and your hair. Nizoral shampoo and minox may be a short term experiment to try. Finasteride is however a long-term serious/dangerous commitment which can alter your drive (take it from a decade+ user please, you're right to question the safety).

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Like 956Vette said steroids will lead to early Male Baldness Pattern.

If you are 24 like your profile says, I would not recomend Fina or any 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor, not till you 30, and even then you would need to make an educated decision on the matter.

One of the patterns I noticed on the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor problems are that most are reported by young users, while most medical studies are conducted in the over 30 population, ussually the 35-55 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Like 956Vette said steroids will lead to early Male Baldness Pattern.

If you are 24 like your profile says, I would not recomend Fina or any 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor, not till you 30, and even then you would need to make an educated decision on the matter.

One of the patterns I noticed on the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor problems are that most are reported by young users, while most medical studies are conducted in the over 30 population, ussually the 35-55 people.
    i was 24 when i made this profile, im 28 now. im just concerned with catching the hairloss too late

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxbrah View Post
    i was 24 when i made this profile, im 28 now. im just concerned with catching the hairloss too late
    One of your questions above is answered here: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/760049

And information on the efficiency and sexual problems:

Efficacy and safety of finasteride therapy for androgenetic alopeci... - PubMed - NCBI

Persistent Sexual Dysfunction and Depression in Finasteride Users for Male Pattern Hair Loss

http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/762234

WMSuperSport is offline Associate Member
    First off, I used finasteride for almost a decade with zero problems. I started when I was about 22 when I started noticing my hair thinning. I never touched gear until I was 30. I believe the finasteride greatly helped me keep what hair I had. I recently quit taking it because I bit the bullet and just started shaving my head anyway, so when I ran out, I just never refilled it. I haven't noticed any difference in anything.
    Tren does seem to make my scalp irritated and even when after I come off, acne gets worse too. I'm no expert, but I believe the swing in hormones causes this.
    Fina or any other drug or product will NOT make hair grow back. That's a myth. Nothing can grow hair back. There are products that can create the illusion a couple of different ways, but it's a daily pain in the ass. I eventually gave up and just shave it now.
    956Vette likes this.

Thread Information