Synhax is offline Associate Member

First pin soreness

Sup guys,

I just took my first 2 pins last week, monday and thursday. It went pretty well, I had slight problem with using the 23gauge 1 and 1/2 inch needle: three quarters of the way through my IM quad injection its starting being painful, not sure if I hit a nerve or the needle was just too long, I have pretty big legs so I thought I'd try out 1.5 inches first. I switched to 1 inch needle in the second injection and that went a lot better, no pain at all even when needle is fully inserted.

My issue is some serious soreness I experience in the injected quad for two straight days after. Is this normal? Its not so much pain as its soreness as if i just had a crazy leg workout for the first time, and the discomfort is mainly when I apply pressure, not while sitting down doing nothing. This makes leg day very difficult. The odd thing is on the 3rd day the pain disappeared completely, like not even a trace even thought th night before it was sore as f**K. Am I doing something wrong here? I was planning to pin my shoulders next but if it going to be this bad I wont be able to do any upper body at all. Please advise.

diragz is offline New Member
    - Virgin Muscle
    - Concentration of BA
    - Getting better at injecting

Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by diragz View Post
    - Virgin Muscle
    - Concentration of BA
    - Getting better at injecting

Possibilities
    Whats BA?
    And how do u get better at injection? It was pretty straight forward to me, not sure how to improve it, any videos you can link? I already watched some youtube demonstrations

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's straight forward because you are new. There are several different techniques. Darting vs slow/steady. Going in at an angle vs straight, Inter muscle vs subQ.

You hit a nerve more than likely going in. You also may have injected to quickly. It's best to take your time, 1 minute per CC otherwise you are blasting it into a muscle causing a charlie horse.

Ba = Benzyl alcohol, one of the compounds used in making the gear. If the concentration is to high it can hurt.

dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member
    My first few injections felt like i was kicked by a horse. After couple weeks i started to feel less pain and after 3 i didnt feel shit anymore.

I think its just your muscle not used it and which is why it has that reaction.

you should pin on your leg day so you can get a good workout in before all the pain comes.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It's straight forward because you are new. There are several different techniques. Darting vs slow/steady. Going in at an angle vs straight, Inter muscle vs subQ.

You hit a nerve more than likely going in. You also may have injected to quickly. It's best to take your time, 1 minute per CC otherwise you are blasting it into a muscle causing a charlie horse.

Ba = Benzyl alcohol, one of the compounds used in making the gear. If the concentration is to high it can hurt.
    im going in at 90 degrees compared to skin surface, so I guess straight in rather than on an angle, which one do you recommend? Also Im going in pretty slow and steady, and it takes maybe 30sec to inject everything in, since it is oil based solution and im injecting 1ml of it using 23gauge, its pretty thick and slow to go thru the needle. Definitely going IM and not just sub Q, I do that for HCG .

No i dea whats the BA concentration, and im guessing I can't really do much about it anyways except buy different brand next time? Im using Newport avaiulable here in Canada.

Should I try shoulder injection instead? or am I just as likely to hit a nerve? How can I avoid something like that? Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    My first few injections felt like i was kicked by a horse. After couple weeks i started to feel less pain and after 3 i didnt feel shit anymore.

I think its just your muscle not used it and which is why it has that reaction.

you should pin on your leg day so you can get a good workout in before all the pain comes.
    Thats encouraging. Did you do quad injections as well? And have you experienced any shoulder injections?

Good recommendation on doing legs on pinning days, I was thinking the same thing since its only once a wk, so I suppose I can manage. I just dont want to pin in shoulders and end up having to skip a few workout coz of the soreness, that would suck.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Honestly it sounds completely normal to me for virgin muscle. The best technique in the world can't overcome your body needing to adjust to the foreign substance introduced. Follow all the advice above for proper technique, and you should find that the soreness doesn't happen anymore by 2-4 weeks in. This will happen each time you start pinning a new muscle btw. It is best to rotate a few sites, so in the least you should start alternating the delts to give your quads a break every other week.
    Last edited by Baxter35; 06-15-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synhax View Post

Thats encouraging. Did you do quad injections as well? And have you experienced any shoulder injections?

Good recommendation on doing legs on pinning days, I was thinking the same thing since its only once a wk, so I suppose I can manage. I just dont want to pin in shoulders and end up having to skip a few workout coz of the soreness, that would suck.
    Yea, when i first switched from glutes to quads, i was having some pain the next day but after a few injections there was no more pain.

I have never tried in the shoulder and i dont think i will. My friend did try tho and he basiclly skiped a whole week working out.

Before lifting weight, 10 min cardio might help to ease the pain.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Work the same muscle group you inject into. Worked wonders for me. After week 2 I felt nothing.

Also try heating the bottle beforehand (warm water), inject slow, stretch & massage after.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did mainly quad injections for over 1yr weekly when I started HRT but after a while I started to hit nerve more often so I switched to glutes and shoulders. For shoulders I only use a 1in. IMO 30 seconds is still to fast.

Do a test, fill the syringe with water or cooking oil (do this outside) and point the syringe away from you and push the plunger with the same force you typically would. See how far it shoots out. Now imagine that happening inside your leg, shoulder, glute. Where do you think it's going? Its not exactly like a sponge in there, it's a mini fire hose blasting into a muscle causing a bruise.

Now do the same thing and make it just come out slow, so it's more than a dribble but not a stream shooting high into the air, just a steady flow out the tip. Now that is how you should inject IMO.

Yes 90 deg/straight in is best. If you get any leakage or blood just pull the skin to one side before putting the needle in and when you take it out it will straighten out and the hole is closed. I also put the needle in slow. Take probably 30 seconds from start to finish. Just pick a spot, touch the skin with the tip and start pushing slowly. If it's a good spot it will just slide in slowly like a hot knife into butter. Also wait about 30 seconds after you are done before pulling it out, this will help keep anything from coming out after.

Good luck

Update: decided to pin my shoulders this week to give quads a break. Turns out they gets sore just the same, so it must be virgin muscle like u guys have said. Guess theres no getting around it gonna have to suck it up for the first few weeks. Delt injections can really limit your ability to do upper body workout, but i guess its good its only my second week on cycle, still not feeling any different. Hopefully this all passes by 4th week and I can go ape sh** in the gym after that for the last 8 week.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    I just started trt pinning in glutes for first time with no pain, granted it's a small dose.
    Last edited by bigdil511; 06-19-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    I just started trt pinning in glutes for first time with no pain, granted it's a small dose.
    Show off

Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    Yea, when i first switched from glutes to quads, i was having some pain the next day but after a few injections there was no more pain.

I have never tried in the shoulder and i dont think i will. My friend did try tho and he basiclly skiped a whole week working out.

Before lifting weight, 10 min cardio might help to ease the pain.

Man im feeling ur friend's pain this week..

Being doing quad injections for some time now without having any pain but this Sunday I did injection in my quad and can barely bend my leg because it hurts so much.

So it isn't always because of virgin muscle.

Avi3510 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I did mainly quad injections for over 1yr weekly when I started HRT but after a while I started to hit nerve more often so I switched to glutes and shoulders. For shoulders I only use a 1in. IMO 30 seconds is still to fast.

Do a test, fill the syringe with water or cooking oil (do this outside) and point the syringe away from you and push the plunger with the same force you typically would. See how far it shoots out. Now imagine that happening inside your leg, shoulder, glute. Where do you think it's going? Its not exactly like a sponge in there, it's a mini fire hose blasting into a muscle causing a bruise.

Now do the same thing and make it just come out slow, so it's more than a dribble but not a stream shooting high into the air, just a steady flow out the tip. Now that is how you should inject IMO.

Yes 90 deg/straight in is best. If you get any leakage or blood just pull the skin to one side before putting the needle in and when you take it out it will straighten out and the hole is closed. I also put the needle in slow. Take probably 30 seconds from start to finish. Just pick a spot, touch the skin with the tip and start pushing slowly. If it's a good spot it will just slide in slowly like a hot knife into butter. Also wait about 30 seconds after you are done before pulling it out, this will help keep anything from coming out after.

Good luck
    Lovbyts, you say put the needle in slow. Takes probably 30 seconds from start to finish. You're referring to the amount of time it takes you to get the pin in alone? Or the amount of time to put the pin in and then inject the test into the muscle? I'm just curious, I'm closing in on my first pin of test pretty soon. I'm assuming you meant just the pin, only because of the way you described injecting very slowly, sounds like the whole process could take a few minutes.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    First pins are, well, a pain. You'll get over it.
    Last edited by magic32; 09-15-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Thread Information