Phastroh is offline Junior Member

MY DECA Cycle results

My experience with DECA and Test will not be like everyone elses but may mirror some. We all react and eat differently and push ourselves differently.

I know people who take roids and barely lift and get ripped and others who have to push it to the limit but see way more results than going normal.

I have only one cycle experience personally but I l read and know many users.

So I was already on TRT at 150mg a week which is not a lot really. I am heavy but my weight is mainly in my stomach. Most would say don't do any cycles but my results were so positive I will argue that for me personally in my results below.

I will post my weekly doses but honestly I am unsure of them all exactly except the start and finish but either way it will be close.

Week 1 - T 150MG D - 200MG
    Week 2 - T 150MG D - 200MG
    Week 3 - T 150MG D - 200MG
    Week 4 - T 150MG D - 200MG
    Week 5 - T 150MG D - 300MG
    Week 6 - T 150MG D - 300MG
    Week 7 - T 150MG D - 300MG
    Week 8 - T 300MG D - 450MG
    Week 9 - T 300MG D - 450MG
    Week 10 - T 400MG D - 600MG
    Week 11 - T 400MG D - 600MG
    Week 12 - T 400MG D 0 600MG (Not till Thursday 6-18)

STARTING Weight 277LBS
    FINISHING Weight 267LBS

My journey started like this.

I was 310LB I started running and eating well. I always lifted but it was time to cut back for me. I concentrated on running and lighter lifting to keep my muscles in shape.

I dropped to 251lbs but was wanting to hit the weights again. I was up to 280lbs but none of my clothes stopped fitting I was actually fitting my 2X shirts better then ever. 280lbs in a 2x in my opinion isn't possible if you are a fat 280lbs I always was being told I looked built not fat but I know my gut is el fat.

So I am like screw it let me take this cycle of DECA so I did it.

Over the last 10 weeks I have added a lot of muscle in my upper chest and shoulders. It is considerably noticeable. Around week 6 I personally was feeling my arms and shoulder and thought holy crap. They are only 18" but whatever there is not a lot of fat on them, but my biceps aren't cut. I am sure you all know what I mean there is little fat yet too much to look like they are chiseled.

Everyone has noticed I have gotten far bigger yet not so much that anyone thinks I took anything. Only one of my friends and ex bodybuilder had me feeling like he was looking at me and in his head like hmmmm.

So this brings me to my puzzle. I have no idea how much muscle I have added. In comparison photos it looks like plenty. Trying to read others results I see some saying they added 20lbs of muscle but I cannot believe I added that much because I lost 10lbs.

A typical thing I am told is wow you look like you lost weight and your muscles are much bigger.

Is it possible to add 15lbs of muscle and drop 25lbs of fat because my diet was not great. Not the worst but not one I could post every day here lol

I only get those numbers from my starting weight and finishing weight.

If I started at 277lbs and added only 10lbs that puts me at 287lbs but I weigh 267lbs now so 20lbs had to leave in some form.

I cannot see how this is possible.

My shirts all fit the same, they are a little tighter up top and my belt is one hole smaller now.

Anyone who has an explanation or a better understanding of what is possible please chime in.

Thanks

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That's some serious tissue yiur carrying what's ur bf at??

Sounds like diet! EAT MORE - & clean! Did you re-asses your new TDEE when you started gaining etc

It is around 3000 Calories but when I was running it was a bit higher. I used to push it hard till near puke time. If I eat that many calories I gain weight no matter my exercise level.

I see you say eat more but at the same time I cannot figure out how I got so much bigger while losing 10lbs. I am far from unhappy with the results. I am actually as big as I want to be. I am ready to cut way back on the weights and start running again the first week after my last DECA shot plus I have to drop my Test shot from 400 to 75 a week. Hope that isn't terrible.

My BF% is not good I am sure. I know if was 27% when I was like 310 so it is between 20-27% at my best guess. I carry the fat very well. I told you I get the you don't look fat you look muscular comments all the time but I know my stomach is unacceptable. Eveywhere else is pretty much at or better then acceptable.

I am just a thick guy. Sometimes I'll catch myself in the mirror and I am like is that me. Not comparing to others opinions but for me and what I have it is to me like dang bro lay off the weights and start running. I am far from cut up but I got a build.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    The side effect must have been horrible being that fat. Did u even lift before starting this cycle real question or did u hear from someone that steroids are the magical unicorn? No disrespect just think u should have got bf% at least to 15-16% MAX before starting a cycle
    Last edited by tice1212; 06-15-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Lol yeah I have been lifting for over 10 years. Did you read my post because it sounded pretty successful. The results are outstanding. My body fat is right in the stomach. Not one side effect.

The only side effect I had is that I wanted to lift 24/7. I was beastly, I did 12 different exercises every session at 3x6 or 3x10 depending on my workout schedule. It was every day or every other day. I was ripping shit up. Honestly after my shot I wanted to lift or have sex. Never had an issue with DECA DINGY.

Been on TRT and Armidex for years, my blood and hormones are dialed in always. I have had nothing bad except a couple and I mean 2 or 3 days I felt exhausted. Other then that I was on 24/7. I would tell my buddies and they would just laugh and say yep that's what happens.

If you saw me walking you would not even say that dude looks fat you would be like that's a big dude that lifts maybe could do a bit of cardio. I got pretty big everything and having big traps helps the look.

I really need to get my body fat done in one of those water tubs or whatever they are.

Ok about the magical unicorn comment. This is a fact.

I know personally 2 guys who take Tren and Test and barely lift and have blown up like insane. One started skinnyish and one started a bit smaller then me. Both are now looking fantastic and again they barely do shit. I know they eat shitty. Heck my own family member drinks fraking coke and eats McDonalds and milkshakes and Dunkin Donuts and is a veiny freak.

So that magical unicorn is not totally false. If it is can you explain how these lazy ass, fat eating people look amazingly shredded from taking Tren and Test. Maybe they are hiding a miracle shot somewhere?
    Last edited by Phastroh; 06-15-2015 at 12:56 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phastroh View Post
    Lol yeah I have been lifting for over 10 years. Did you read my post because it sounded pretty successful. The results are outstanding. My body fat is right in the stomach. Not one side effect.

The only side effect I had is that I wanted to lift 24/7. I was beastly, I did 12 different exercises every session at 3x6 or 3x10 depending on my workout schedule. It was every day or every other day. I was ripping shit up. Honestly after my shot I wanted to lift or have sex. Never had an issue with DECA DINGY.

Been on TRT and Armidex for years, my blood and hormones are dialed in always. I have had nothing bad except a couple and I mean 2 or 3 days I felt exhausted. Other then that I was on 24/7. I would tell my buddies and they would just laugh and say yep that's what happens.

If you saw me walking you would not even say that dude looks fat you would be like that's a big dude that lifts maybe could do a bit of cardio. I got pretty big everything and having big traps helps the look.

I really need to get my body fat done in one of those water tubs or whatever they are.

Ok about the magical unicorn comment. This is a fact.

I know personally 2 guys who take Tren and Test and barely lift and have blown up like insane. One started skinnyish and one started a bit smaller then me. Both are now looking fantastic and again they barely do shit. I know they eat shitty. Heck my own family member drinks fraking coke and eats McDonalds and milkshakes and Dunkin Donuts and is a veiny freak.

So that magical unicorn is not totally false. If it is can you explain how these lazy ass, fat eating people look amazingly shredded from taking Tren and Test. Maybe they are hiding a miracle shot somewhere?
    I'm sure they won't be for long - especially if theyre still on...

Your missing the point tho - at 27% that's borderline obese! And if I remember correctly you had some sides(E2) or no?! Did you get bw or just going by feel - it's internally that you can't see!

Most you gained was probably more water weight than anything... But I'd work on getting your bf down under 15 the least you have the better/more successful you'll be w/cycling

How was ur blood work on cycle? How is ur BW now? Just because u had great results on the outside doesn't mean the same on the inside. How ur diet? Can u post pictures of urself I would like to see before and after it u don't mind. Also the question about the two guys that did a tren cycle and can eat sh*t all the time and still look great. Some people are gifted like that but like I said before just because they look amazing on the outside doesn't mean the same for the inside. Also are u with them 24/7 to see what they eat or if they train. And how they train? They may tell u that they don't do much for exercise or they may tell u that there not on gear still but u will never now unless ur with them 24/7. I'm honestly glad u had a "successful" cycle most aren't to lucky.
    Last edited by tice1212; 06-15-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

I'm sure they won't be for long - especially if theyre still on...

Your missing the point tho - at 27% that's borderline obese! And if I remember correctly you had some sides(E2) or no?! Did you get bw or just going by feel - it's internally that you can't see!

Most you gained was probably more water weight than anything... But I'd work on getting your bf down under 15 the least you have the better/more successful you'll be w/cycling
    Well said. That's the point I was trying to get across

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Well said. That's the point I was trying to get across
    I figured, you asked the questions I was about to lol(just back on and saw your ?'s)

Also glad OP had a good cycle(just imagine how good it will be in the future)!!!

WhiteBoy18 is offline Junior Member
    yes you could lose fat and gain some muscle. But why the deca ? I experienced a tiny bit of fat gain on deca/test cycle. I suggest you work on your diet as you even stated its in bad shape. I hope you do realize that yeah sure they may have worked....for now... but your crap diet will bring you right back. Im not saying dont do them, just not right now. Fix your diet and youll see even better results. I dont know how long youve been off, but it WILL come back if you dont fix your diet. Cheers

Nach - I don't recall saying I had E2 sides but if I did I can't recall because I can't remember having any.

As far as water weight, not so sure because I've been on AI and lost 10lbs. Wouldn't I have added weight? I thought I'd weigh more not less and my diet isn't the best it's not crap it's just not post worthy. It was overall a lot of chicken, nuts and protein shakes and lots of salad. The bad stuff I had would have been watermelon or marshmallow. I had lots of fiber as well and Scivation Extend 2 times a day totallimg 4 servings. No soda never put salt on my food anyway. I ate out a few times as well and had pizza maybe 2 times. Great diet no bad diet hardly. I didn't gain weight at all.

BW prior was perfect. I get it through my DR. No DR. No testosterone , well insurance paid for at least.

Did not do BW during cycle. Mistake eh maybe, it will be checked 2 months after my last shot. I'm hoping nothing they test for is out of whack.

Don't think I'm brushing what you say to the side that is not the case.

I just feel hard and big and I lifted far more during this cycle then in my life. I added plenty muscle in 3 weeks. I am puzzled on the water weight if I lost 10lbs. I tried to eat extra calories over my normal day of between 2200-2700 but I was stuffed.

I guess if I added water I should look forward to losing it? If that is true and happens I will end of having lost 10 plus whatever I lose in water afterward.

I guess it's just my ego but I don't think I'm gonna shrink.

I have to find a before pic but I have an after but it's not like I take pix posing lol sorry just not my thing

When I read other deca cycles people are blowing up, couldn't I have done the same. I see a difference but it's the people I haven't seen in a few months that are like wow you look like you lost weight and got big.
    Last edited by Phastroh; 06-15-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBoy18 View Post
    yes you could lose fat and gain some muscle. But why the deca? I experienced a tiny bit of fat gain on deca/test cycle. I suggest you work on your diet as you even stated its in bad shape. I hope you do realize that yeah sure they may have worked....for now... but your crap diet will bring you right back. Im not saying dont do them, just not right now. Fix your diet and youll see even better results. I dont know how long youve been off, but it WILL come back if you dont fix your diet. Cheers
    I guess if I had to say it was because I was a bit fat and chicken to use anything else. I wanted to use what I consider an easier on the body steroid first. I also wanted to grow bigger and then get back to jogging while doing maintenance type lifting.

We all have crazy ideas and get crazy advice. Well this is the direction I took and so far I am happy with the results but in about 3 months after I've got back into jogging I will probably be about 250lbs again or less and really see my results. It's a heavy weight but I'll never be 200lbs or want to try.

All I hear is that if I fixed my diet I'd be ripped and huge. I'm a wide build, tall traps, big shoulders so I'll look big no matter.

I won't lie, I like to eat crappy food sometimes but as stated about I eat pretty good most of the time but if there is pizza on Friday with the kids I'm eating 2-3 pieces.

I'm not convinced I need to eat like a nutitionist wrote my meals down. I try to stick to my macros almost every day and I'll hit them nearly daily. If I had one that I miss it is 0 fat.

Maybe my diet is not as bad as I think and I thinks it's horrendous when compared to the people on here. They can be a bit intimidating to try to copy.

I just was surfing around the net trying to find others that experienced the same as me. I found 2 things.

1) some people just respond far better to AAS then others.

2) the increase in Test from 75mg to 400mg can effect weight loss or fat loss.

Just a thought but in the end 10lb lost, far bigger build people notice makes water retention hard to believe. Watching the scale go down was odd.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Oh my bad about the sides - glad you didn't - if your BW days good your good lol

I was saying it was water weight that you had lost bringing you down to that weight... So what you gained on cycle(the water comes off) after... Done hold more than others...

The more water you drink the more you'll expell leading to less water retention, so it aids in keeping it down the more you drink

Am I reading this right... For your sake...

Ok I thought you said my muscle increase was water weight.

In the end yes I'm 10lbs less so overall I'm happy because my shirts are bigger and tighter at the same time and I lost a hole on the belt.

I drink a lot a lot. The 2 Scivation Extends a day are 64oz water alone.

I also take Muscletech Clear Muscle. I'm telling you those things hardened and started building on their own. Been taking them well before DECA .

I also have been taking Animal Vitamin Packs and just finished the Animal Ripped Peel packs.

When I started the DECA and increase in Test Cyp. I only expected my weight to increase but as I posted I dropped down 10lbs. yet my size has increased a lot and my fat has shrunk and this is with not the perfect diet but one that is overall decent. I posted just about all the junk I ate. I even skipped my popcorn at the movies.

I did however take up eating a handful of gummie Bears after my workout.

So in the end I was puzzled to lose 10lbs yet pack on this much size. Besides my stomach I do see more veins on my arms between my wrist and elbows but on the inner side and the tops of my hands.

My traps have really enlarged. Chest at the top under my neck has really come together but I did add in weighted neckups. Actually I added planks, spell casters as well. They will work your abs big time so I'm sure doing these cut some fat and built muscle I can't see.

I'll just finish my last shot and start running. I probably have enough left for 13-14 weeks but I'm not sure it's gonna make a difference anymore. What say you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	157659Click image for larger version. 

Views:	300 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	157657
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	297 
Size:	680.0 KB 
ID:	157658
    Last edited by Phastroh; 06-15-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Ok so that is me 267lbs. I'm just thinking I don't look 267lbs in the bottom pic. Maybe I do but when I ask I get a lot of 240s even 225 before when I say 267lb it's like I am lying. Gut yes, decent dense muscle yes. I'm wide front to back.
    Last edited by Phastroh; 06-15-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'm not pissing on your parade but how about a shirtless pic of the all your torso. You are carrying plenty of fat on the upper part of your torso by the look of it.

Also, the results you currently have will change when you finish your cycle. Jus so you know.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You definatly have a lot of bloat or body fat still so the muscles really dont stand out much at all. Yes you look like a big guy, not obese by any means but not an athletic build at all, more of a strong man type build.

You probably would have gotten close to the same results with doing the same training, diet and maybe just upping your test a little to blast. Really thats one of the best things you can do especially on TRT when your ready.

There is no need to ramp up and down. You get better results keeping things the same from start to finish. Did you use an AI? I dont remember seeing that or HCG . That probably would have helped with some of the water weight.

You said your pre and post blood work is good vial your doctor for TRT. Does he check your E2? Most do not. You should ask for a sensitive E2 test. A lot of people especially when over weight tend to have higher E2 and it's stored in the fat cells for the most part. You may see benefits running an AI even while on HRT as well as HCG.

Yes different people respond to aas differently like the guys you mentioned but it's also likely they were not fat to begin with. You said one was pretty thin. Most thin people have better genetics, they just dont eat as much so not much muscle gain but when they do they gain quickly. If you are over weight tren will not thin you down and make you look like that, you will need to diet down and it's best to get down to a good lean weight before using tren or you risk even more high E2 or prolactin.

Ive known/seen many guys who are like your friends but they are typically useless and eventually crash hard and have health issue later on if not right away. Not worth the short term gains. You see a lot of older guys out of shape who say I use to look like that. It's a lot better feeling to be 50+ and have people tell you that you look good now. I'm not BIG right now, lost a bit of size due to some injuries and surgeries but I still get the comments all the time that obviously I lift or Hey, you've got muscle, can you help me lift this or that? lol

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'm not pissing on your parade but how about a shirtless pic of the all your torso. You are carrying plenty of fat on the upper part of your torso by the look of it.

Also, the results you currently have will change when you finish your cycle. Jus so you know.
    DAMN, did it really take me 10 minutes to type my response? I either type slow or got distracted more than I though. You hadn't posted when I started. lol

1) Yes I test my E2. It was my idea after doing research after I felt my TRT was wearing off. It was like starting over again. So yes I check everything there is and they are always good including my Cholesterol of 162 and my Triglycerides were like 149. I'm pretty serious about that and my blood pressure is good even now.

2) I know I carry fat in other places but my stomach. I never said I was chiseled, I just have muscle shapes I'm not a guy you would say hey he's a couch potato.

The way I look in the photo as far as what looks like bloat is no more puffy then prior to my cycle.

I guess I'm just not understanding how I could be all bloated with water weight but lost 10lbs. I can't wrap my mind around that.

I'm just thinking if I added water what's the weight loss from other then fat?

Anyway I will try to find a good pre-cycle if I still can.

At this point I'm 10lbs down and my muscles feel hard as frak. Yes I busted my butt, upped my test over 4 times normal. I really thought I would be 20-30lbs heavier with water and muscle. I
    Like I said I'm smaller and bigger at the same time it's just too confusing for me now.

Yes I take Arimidex have been for years. Probably why I'm not thinking its a lot of water. I adjusted for my new doses.

MisterRogers is offline Junior Member
    I hate to repeat what other guys are saying but I have a very similar body type as you! I get its confusing I was in your shoes and still are to be honest, get your diet in check, good clean balanced meals. every meal should have protein carbs and healthy fats I highly recommend austinites fat loss stack its amazing ! I was 6'4 285lb when I started I carried all of my fat in my stomach no where else and like you I hide it very well with a shirt on I'm currently down to 250 and still have a way to go before I see abs. I never thought I could or even want to go down to 235 or 240 but now that is my goal I think if you dropped 25-30 lbs you would be ecstatic on how awesome you would look no aas needed at this point! I know its hard to swallow cause when you are pumped everything is tight and hard but the reality is there is a decent amount of fat on your upper body and good training and clean eating will transform your physique keep up the good work

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phastroh View Post
    Ok so that is me 267lbs. I'm just thinking I don't look 267lbs in the bottom pic. Maybe I do but when I ask I get a lot of 240s even 225 before when I say 267lb it's like I am lying. Gut yes, decent dense muscle yes. I'm wide front to back.
    This is good progress congrats!! But I think you are falling way short of your potential. You get the diet cleaned up and train hard with decent amount of cardio I bet you be freaked out on how you would look. Your diamond is there you just need to unearth it. Good Luck

No way I appreciate it MR it's nice I'm not alone.

My wife is on her second boot camp in a row with now additional weight training classes. I already eat not so bad. Clearly my diet needs help but thankfully I already have my Macros schedule from my dieting days they just need a little revamping.

She is always on point with her fitness pal and diet and the results are so far amazing. I'm impressed but I've had my journey from 309 to 251 and now I'm 267.

I will be taking all of you guys and gals if one posts comments to heart.

I still would like an elementary line by line explanation of my cycle results. I'm looking for an answer like you most likely gained muscle and lost fat and hardly retained water. Not that exactly but you get what I mean.

Just to recap.
    Start Weight - 277lbs
    End Weight - 267lbs
    I look skinnier and can see veins in my arms not visible before.
    I look bigger, like trust me you can se the muscles more then before so while you guys don't see the now think of before.

My thoughts again - losing 10lbs is hard to understand because I feel like I've added a decent amount of muscle.

Have I lost any fat? Could I have added no muscle?

I'm saying these things in general.

MisterRogers is offline Junior Member
    I'm no expert but I think the answer you are looking for can't really be found? In a perfect scenario you would have had a exact bf% and body measurements ie. Waist, hips, calf's, chest, bis before cycle and then again now and compare fat loss if any? I'm just guessing but you probably put on some muscle and lost fat. This is just one of the many reasons not to cycle at a high bf%

I think you are right. It is a tough thing. I was gonna use my calipers but I thought the reading were shitty. I can't pinch muck in the spots except my stomach. How much can we invest in the results of calipers? I know there are far better ways but the calipers I have. It is just if the last place we lose fat is the stomach I can't really calculate anything else the calipers don't measure.

I suppose a couple of weeks after I am done I will really see what's up. I may drop another 10lbs for all I know but I won't be taking time off from lifting. I have to drop my Test shot from 400MG a week to 75MG for about a month to get my blood back in order. I am looking to have my Dr. test my blood about 2 months after my last DECA shot. I am hoping for the best with that one but once my Gh was a bit high when i wasn't doing anything so he resent me a few weeks later and it was fine.

I am only planing on lowering my weight that I lift in place for more reps and adding in running at least 3 times a week. That is what dropped over 50lbs off me to begin with to get me to 251lbs. I would do 2 miles but it was around 20-21 minutes but I am not small. I was stuck at 23:45 for the longest time and I kept busting my ass to get under 21 minutes. Shit I remember my mile used to be 17 minutes lol that is terrible. My best time for a run of at least a 10K was 1:09:51 at about 263lbs. Ill take it but it was after that run I quit running to lift instead.

Overall I am totally happy with my results. Yeah it sux to not be able to see it as much but I feel great. I am not disappointed at all. Never had so many light veins on my arms lol I will be hitting the road here in a week or so. My last shot is Thursday but I will still have one more shot worth in the vial so I am thinking why not just use the stuff. Why save it?

I wanted to upload this photo I took this morning to contrast the one I posted above that I felt made me look more stocky. Whatever lol I'm not shredded but I came from 309lbs down to 267lbs. I'm not gonna show my gut so you can say I'm fat I get it. My running starts next week 3-5 miles 3 times a week minimum. That along with my new diet and lighter lifting should be good. It is what helped me lose weight in the first place.
    Last edited by Phastroh; 06-19-2015 at 10:24 PM.

btpolak is offline New Member
    Alright, I've been a member here for a short time, this is my first post by the way, but I've got to say there is a lot of information and knowledgeable members on this board. First of all, congratulations on your progress so far. Like you bud, I'm a bigger guy as well and I'm in the process of having to shed a lot of weight I gained from letting myself go. As far as your results, unless you knew where you were exactly prior to the start of your cycle, it's hard to know the answer. May I suggest finding a local bod pod testing location so that you can find out accurate lbm and fat percentages and weights? I did this myself and this has helped me greatly to improve my diet and I use my fitness pal as well. Knowing this information helps you get your diet on point and make consistent progress.

Thread Information