OKCity is offline Junior Member

Test levels too vs just right

Fellas, I'm freaking out. I just recently took a flight physical that consisted of them taking my blood. From what I've read, is that it's a full panel test. Checking my test levels. Triglycerides, cholesterol. Igf-1. I wasn't to worried about it until I realized that I've been taking on average 500-750mg test per week for about 2 weeks prior to the flight physical. If "Normal range" for test levels is between 250-1080. The last time I had my test levels checked I was at about 275 and that was a year and a half ago. And haven't been on anything for about that time. I guess theoretically how much will my test levels raise on that dosage. I should add that too high and would raise suspension would be over 1300 for the military flight physical. But guys my blood pressure was good 115/65. Ekg was perfect. So I haven't got the results back but I'm freaking out! Help?

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    You may have something to worry about im sure they will notice your test is high and wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen
    You may have something to worry about im sure they will notice your test is high and wonder why
    Like how high are we talking? 1500? 1800? 2000? I am prescribed TRT but it's a low dose cream. I haven't used it, as I've been supplementing it with test enanthate at 500-750mg per week for about 2 weeks now.

Just trying to figure out like s ballpark estimate and what excuse could I use for it being so high...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Probably well over 2000

You have one chance. STOP blasting now and go back to a LOT trt dose. Tell them, show them you are on TRT and say you had just taken your shot the day before and it just have spiked and maybe you had some androgel on your arm where they took the blood because you had some you were finishing up. They will re test you and hopefully you will be back to normal if it's a couple of weeks.

I just saw you said cream. Perfect because it's well know if you have it on the draw area it will contaminate the test and be HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Probably well over 2000 You have one chance. STOP blasting now and go back to a LOT trt dose. Tell them, show them you are on TRT and say you had just taken your shot the day before and it just have spiked and maybe you had some androgel on your arm where they took the blood because you had some you were finishing up. They will re test you and hopefully you will be back to normal if it's a couple of weeks. I just saw you said cream. Perfect because it's well know if you have it on the draw area it will contaminate the test and be HIGH.
    I knew someone could give a clear answer here. I was afraid it would be well over normal ranges. But great idea about the cream site. I'll just say I used it in that arm. The night prior. And finished it off. I appreciate it. I suppose I could just go and get my blood levels checked from my doc. I'm still researching as I haven't found FOR SURE if they actually test my test levels. But I can imagine if its a full panel test...my test levels will certainly be looked at.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, typically a full panel has nothing to do with test/hormone levels. They are checking your blood count, RBC, cholesterol and all that as well as looking for recreational drugs. Its RARE they will look at hormones even for pilots.

They will probably do something like this. Glucose, Serum
    Lipid Panel: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculated); triglycerides; Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated)

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    If this helps the faa flight physical does not consist of any test checks, obviously the military might be different.

So I got my blood results back this morning and testosterone WAS NOT checked so that's good for me. Nothing was disqualifying for me however after reviewing this it's safe to say that while on cycle...other things are affected.

Could someone help review these for me and help me understand a little more as to why things are low and things are high?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-733584804.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	588.4 KB 
ID:	157694

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-641961291.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	157695

Thanks boys.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Hematocrit is high because test raises blood counts, makes your blood thicker. Easy fix, donate blood asap.

Ast/alt are liver enzymes. The liver still processes injected testosterone . That's why liver supplements are recommended. Take NAC daily, double the recommended dose. Easy fix.

Cholesterol. . I'm no expert on that so i can't help ya.

I didn't see anything flagged as low. Those were the only things that appeared out of range.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    If someone asks you, say the liver values are high because you had a headache and took ibuprofen that day. Also say you think you had the headache because you may have been dehydrated (that would explain the high hct)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    Hematocrit is high because test raises blood counts, makes your blood thicker. Easy fix, donate blood asap. Ast/alt are liver enzymes. The liver still processes injected testosterone. That's why liver supplements are recommended. Take NAC daily, double the recommended dose. Easy fix. Cholesterol. . I'm no expert on that so i can't help ya. I didn't see anything flagged as low. Those were the only things that appeared out of range.
    Perfect man. Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense. I doddering Friday night which the test was Sunday morning. So that probably didn't help. It wasn't much though. Think I had like 2 jack and cokes. But none the less thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    Hematocrit is high because test raises blood counts, makes your blood thicker. Easy fix, donate blood asap. Ast/alt are liver enzymes. The liver still processes injected testosterone. That's why liver supplements are recommended. Take NAC daily, double the recommended dose. Easy fix. Cholesterol. . I'm no expert on that so i can't help ya. I didn't see anything flagged as low. Those were the only things that appeared out of range.
    Only thing labled as low was my hdl...

Thread Information