Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By jesse4466

Thread: I am 6'1 what should my ideal weight be?

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Is there a general answer to this? I'm reading that "anything over 227 pounds is considered 'obese'." I started at 208 then got up to 237 now I'm cutting and down to 216-219 range. I'll continue to cut but wanted to hear others opinions on ideal weight based on height.
    Last edited by jesse4466; 09-07-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    You obviously have a great base and since muscle weighs more than fat, I never liked trying to guess an ideal weight at a specific height, without taking into consideration the amount of muscle someone has. But, if you lose some weight you will actually look even bigger because you will see more definition. I am sure that you can find a general answer, but I dont think it will be any better than what you have already read. Hell, there are body builders that weigh more than 227 pounds with less than 8% BF and they are definitely not obese; of course.
    Last edited by Oki-Des; 09-06-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Brandontt26 is offline New Member
    I wouldn't worry about weight as much as I would bf %.. I would set a bf% goal not necessarily a weight goal.. Or a pants size goal

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    300lbs
    william981125 likes this.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    im 6'5 230 around 20% BF if that gives you any idea but I don't focus on numbers visual is the best way to go because that's what really matters

william981125 is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie Coleman was at 5"11 at 300+ pounds, so you would needa be like 350... LOL man weight doesn't really matter just look into the mirror and ask yourself "am I fat?"

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Indeed weight is just a number, I use my reflection to consider wether I need to be bigger, leaner or both, not the scales

Brandontt26 is offline New Member
    It's also different for everybody.. The way your joints react to your weight regardless of body fat.. What your goal in fitness is.. Bulky and huge or more athletic type.. Just depends on your own goals really

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense. A wise one on this site once told me a year or so ago not to focus too much on the scale, and I'm finally realizing why.

At first I just wanted to gain as quickly as possible but then the mirror wasn't so good to look at.

So now it's more about the mirror and less about the weight. It's hard to imagine a guy like Jay Cutler though at 5'9 and 270. That's serious work.
    william981125 likes this.

pitweiler is offline Member
    When I was in the marines they had a certain weight for each height range. If you weighed more than what it said for your height. You had to do extra PT until you got down to that weight. Let's just say that we had a few people with 6pack abs that had to do it. With that being said I wouldn't focus on a certain weight but what ever makes you happy when you look into the mirror.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    There is no way to answer this question accurately. Different people are built different. The scale is just a number

Thread Information