Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RangerDanger830

Thread: General questions that can't be found using search

SePz is offline New Member

General questions that can't be found using search

From reading around I been looking into something I newly learned from coming to this site, so if anyone could clarify for me I'd appreciate it.

Does AAS (test/var) gains stay once AAS use has ceased?

Does doing any cycle guarantee the user to need TRT/HRT even with proper PCT? (saw some as early as their 30s)

Is cycling something that should only be considered by someone who would like to make it routine?

How long after a test based cycle can the user make gains naturally again (ballpark, IK case to case basis)

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SePz
    From reading around I been looking into something I newly learned from coming to this site, so if anyone could clarify for me I'd appreciate it. Does AAS (test/var) gains stay once AAS use has ceased? Does doing any cycle guarantee the user to need TRT/HRT even with proper PCT? (saw some as early as their 30s) Is cycling something that should only be considered by someone who would like to make it routine? How long after a test based cycle can the user make gains naturally again (ballpark, IK case to case basis)
    Gains on an AAS cycle can easily be lost. However, you are almost always going to lose a little weight due to the water weight you get from most compounds. How much muscle you lose after depends on how well your pct is so you minimize rebound time and it depends on your diet and training after. I've never lost more than a couple pounds after so I can attest that it's possible to maintain 90%+ of your gains.

There are rarely any guarantees in life. Some people cycle constantly and never need TRT until they're older. Some people breath on a cycle and get shut down for life. I'm not aware of any studies that show cycling leads to earlier TRT necessity in older men but it seems very feasible. It's just a gamble you have to take, it's all about risk vs benefits.

I don't think cycling has to be routine, although I will say that it often becomes routine, like getting a tattoo. You do need to make sure you're in the gym for the long term and are okay with dieting properly to maintain the gains. Otherwise you're risking a cycle for naught.
    SePz likes this.

SePz is offline New Member
    Thanks my dude. Been training for 5 years religiously. Strength has been stunted the last year or so, I've done and continue to do research about AAS, but i also am not a fan of signing a lifelong contract to them. And if you don't mind, what PCT protocol do you follow for such a high retention rate. (Typical 4 weeks nolva/clomid?)

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah that's my standard PCT with the Nolva/Clomid but after a few cycles I found that sometimes it needs tweaked. I usually extend my pct a bit on Deca for example because the blasted compound shuts me down for twice as long as test would or close to it.

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SePz View Post
    Is cycling something that should only be considered by someone who would like to make it routine?
    Most start with the intention to only do one cycle, but like myself, find they are planning their second cycle before the first has finished. It's hard to resist the temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by SePz View Post
    How long after a test based cycle can the user make gains naturally again (ballpark, IK case to case basis)
    Presuming you still have room to grow naturally and not reached your genetic potential, you should be able to make natural gains as soon as your natural testosterone is back up to "normal" levels again, this could be 2 weeks into PCT or 8 weeks after PCT, its highly individual and also dependent on your compounds taken during the cycle.

Thread Information