97viper is offline New Member

Hair loss prone and Test

I am 35 years old and started losing hair at a fast rate when I was about 18. I started finasteride at age 23 and over the past 12 years it has done an excellent job at stabilizing my hair loss. I am planning on starting my first cycle of 500 mg test per week over 12 weeks. Is the increased amount of testosterone in my body going to cause more hair loss or will the finasteride continue to prevent the conversion to DHT regardless of the increase in testosterone?

If I had to guess, I'd imagine the finasteride is currently greatly reducing the amount of DHT, but not eliminating it, and the efficiency of the finasteride will diminish with increased testosterone levels .

I'm also wondering if increasing the finasteride from 1mg/day to 2.5mg/day would be beneficial for hair loss during a test cycle. I have read that 1 mg is all that is needed to reduce hair loss and a higher dose does not improve results, but that is in a normal study, not a study when someone is injecting additional testosterone into their body.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Too many variables and everyone is different.
    Its kind if impossible to answer.

Theres only one way you will find out

Thread Information