Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 2 Post By yeahbuddy289
  • 1 Post By Red Bastard

Thread: Having a hard time injecting 2ml in glutes

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Having a hard time injecting 2ml in glutes

Im running 1.5ml of test e. and .5ml deca 2X a week. So each injection I do is a total of 2ml's. My girlfriend has done my first two injections for me in my delts and it went well. Today I did an injection myself in my glutes. I have injected glutes many times before but never 2ml's. I used a 5cc syringe thinking it would make the injection easier. I used a 25g 1" needle and I could barely push down on the plunger. Trying to push the plunger with my wrist at such an odd angle combined with the small gauge needle and large amount of gear made it extremely difficult. My hand kept cramping and getting tired from squeezing so hard.. I could barely get the plunger to move. Meanwhile im moving the needle in and out, up and down, side to side and the whole time im just thinking how bad this is gonna hurt tomorrow lol. I have to inject myself again Thursday and im trying to think of ways I can keep this from happening again. Can I just do two separate 1ml injections in the same glute? Should I heat the oil? I really dont like the idea of running water over the syringe but I gotta do something different.

I also have trouble pinning my glutes.
    I end up using my pinky and ring finger to depress the stopper on the syringe.
    It is not an easy task.
    Take your time and don't rush it.

Also, in my opinion you should be using a 1.5" needle for your glutes.

A 5cc syringe is has a larger diameter plunger. Pressure = Force/Area. When the plunger area increases you have to push harder (force) to get the same pressure to push out the oil. I never use 5cc syringe. I use 3cc because it's got a smaller plunger and takes less force to push out the oil. Just my observation.

Deadlifting dog I always use to use 1.5" needles for glutes but 1" seems to work ok for me.

Scotch I have always used 3cc syringes and I thought it would be easier to use the 5cc syringe because the plunger wouldnt be as far back. But what you're saying makes total sense and maybe that was were I went wrong?

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I also have trouble pinning my glutes.
    I end up using my pinky and ring finger to depress the stopper on the syringe.
    It is not an easy task.
    Take your time and don't rush it.

Also, in my opinion you should be using a 1.5" needle for your glutes.
    I've been toying with a different technique (I came up with it myself, but I doubt it's new)

Lets say I'm injecting right glute, I insert the needle and then use my right hand to simply stabilize the needle whilst I reach behind myself with the left hand and press on the plunger with my thumb and grip the barrel with my index and middle finger (the way a syringe is intended to be pressed). I get far less cramps from twisting awkwardly and it's far more stable as I can use both hands to steady the needle.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Im far too inflexible to be reaching around and injecting the glutes, i could imagine nearly snapping the needle.
    I mean i can reach around there, insert the needle but trying to push the plunger with good thick oil in there is almost impossible, and trying to relax at the same time? Pfft

Delts injections for the win!

Blog Entries
    you could try using a 23g to inject as well it should still allow a slow release but definitely a bit easier imho...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Google ventro glute injection site.

You are probably trying to reach too far back, be carefull with the upper gluteal blood vessels.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The larger syringe is definitely the problem.
    yeahbuddy289 and almostgone like this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    use a 21 gauge. Its almost painless too
    ariesgow likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    use a 21 gauge. Its almost painless too
    I'd like to see the scar tissue you have after yrs of cycling and using a 21g -

Phlebotomists use a 21g for a different areas(not at th AC branch - elbow) for therapeutic phlebotomies(donating and discarding of the blood when getting it removed for crit)... Not all but most of the ones I've spoke to on the phone b4 self bleeding will/can use a 21g)

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I have no scartissue dude. But i never did more than two shots a week. But i always shoot in the ass.

I think the larger syringe was definitely the problem. Thanks for your help guys.

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Do 23 g. Pins, and maybe u have some scar tissue buildup. Move around

Dont mean to bump this thread but just wanted to let everyone know I switched back to a 3ml syringe today and the injection went 10x better.. no issues at all. Live and learn I guess. Thanks again guys.
    Red Bastard and ariesgow like this.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    For glutes, I pin one handed. Middle and index fingers hold the tabs, while I depress the plunger with the palm of my hand...
    ariesgow likes this.

Thread Information