Roger11 is offline Member

Lost an inch on my arms?

So ive been dieting for a few months now, dropped from 108-110kg to current at 95kg. i had 18.5 inch arms at that weight, now ive just measured they are 17.5inch. What gives? I was running deca , eq dbol etc at my heavy weight, now im on tren and mast and test so no watery compounds, were my arms just filled with an inch of water or ?

SidVicious77 is offline Associate Member
    Water and fat most likely... And if you're dieting hard you might be carb depleted. Measure them the day after a refeed...
    Besides you're over thirty pounds lighter now, quite possibly some of that lost weight was muscle.
    Last edited by SidVicious77; 10-27-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: adding

Makes sense. bit offputting but im looking heaps better lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    They say that you gain an inch on your arms for every ten lbs of muscle you gain. So the inverse applies as well (though in this case it's an inch lost for about 30 lbs of fat and water).

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most likely yes, a good deal of that inch was water and fat. Even if you broke it up into thirds, that would only be a third of an inch. Not bad considering the amount of weight you have lost, looks like your diet must be on point. Congratulations

Thanks guys. Yep diet on point. Lost almost 15kg. Just need a few more kg in the next few days.

Bonaparte and buster. Any tips? I'm 95 I wanna be 93 by Tuesday so 6 days. I'm on 350 protein similar xarbs and 70 ish fat.

Thinking of dropping carbs to 150_200 and upping protein to 400_450 .? Need to lose a tad more by Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger11
    Thanks guys. Yep diet on point. Lost almost 15kg. Just need a few more kg in the next few days. Bonaparte and buster. Any tips? I'm 95 I wanna be 93 by Tuesday so 6 days. I'm on 350 protein similar xarbs and 70 ish fat. Thinking of dropping carbs to 150_200 and upping protein to 400_450 .? Need to lose a tad more by Tuesday.
    You could continue to carb deplete and but be aware that your weight loss is going to be temporary and you are going to have a bit of a rebound effect as soon as you introduce those carbs back to get you at tdee. Unless you are competing and need to make a weight class I wouldn't rush the additional weight loss.

Just wanted my face to lean out a tad more. Last cut it was lean at 88kg that was in 2012/early 2013. I bulked hard and now re dieting I'm at 95kg I'm almost there but need to be down to 93_92 which only means I put on 4kg or so of muscle in that time.from my last bulk to cutting down now Not great I don't think lol. Thoughts

So you reckon just keep on same diet and don't bother lowering carbs!?

mietek is offline Member
    if you are taking some ASS it is impossible to loose muscle while on cycle, it can be only water or fat

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mietek View Post
    if you are taking some ASS it is impossible to loose muscle while on cycle, it can be only water or fat
    No doubt AAS helps keeping muscle while on deficit, but its not impossible to lose muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by mietek
    That's not so. You can loose some size while on a trt dose.

Cutting is tricky. Your body prefers to burn muscle for energy over fat. It's fairly normal to lose muscle mass when you're dieting. The goal is to lose more fat than muscle. If you've dialed in your diet, don't worry about it. You'll be a little leaner but more cut up.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    They say that you gain an inch on your arms for every ten lbs of muscle you gain. So the inverse applies as well (though in this case it's an inch lost for about 30 lbs of fat and water).
    It has to be ten lbs of just muscle to get one inch.
    I thought it was just ten lbs in general not just muscle?

Thread Information