Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrFreshmaker
  • 1 Post By Splifton

Thread: Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids

*Admin* is offline AR Admin

Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids

Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids David Starkey was once the sole domestic remailer in the United States for the international steroid source known as “Uncle Z”. But like most of those who become involved in illegal steroid distribution, he got caught. And now, Starkey has been sentenced to serve 17 years in the Indiana Department of Correction.

Starkey and his wife partnered with Uncle Z during a period when they were unemployed and in dire financial straits. He never considered himself a “drug dealer” and never considered anabolic steroids as “bad” as other controlled substances. It didn't make any difference. Prosecutors saw it differently.

Starkey was charged under Indiana State law. He pleaded guilty to Dealing in a Schedule III Controlled Substance as a Level II Felony according to Rush County Prosecutor Philip Caviness. In September 2015, Starkey reached a plea agreement with Prosecutor Caviness.
    Under the terms of the plea agreement, Starkey will serve 12 years in prison. The prison time will be followed by 3 years under house arrest as part of the Rush County Community Corrections Program. And finally, it will be followed by 2 years probation. Under a best case scenario, Starkey could serve as little as 9 years in prison under a prison program that rewards good behavior. Under Indiana State law, convicts with level II felonies can receive one day of good time credit for every three days of good behavior.

The sentence seems unusually harsh given that most federal cases involving steroid distribution and conspiracy result in defendants serving less than 5 years. Steroid-related sentences of more than 10 years are exceedingly rare. The harsh sentenced received by Starkey can be partly explained by the draconian Indiana steroid laws but may be largely due to the fact that Starkey and his wife were busted twice for the same offense within 5 months of each other.

David and Holly Starkey were arrested when investigators from the Rushville Police Department, Homeland Security and the US Postal Service served warrants on their residence in August 2014. The police found substantial evidence consistent with the operation of an underground laboratory (UGL) that manufactured steroids. Investigators compiled evidence that the Starkeys were receiving ingredients through the mail, manufacturing finished steroid products, and shipping them around the country and overseas.

The steroid business allowed the couple to go from having no money and no job to making $2000 per week remailing steroids for Uncle Z. Uncle Z mailed all of the product to Starkey and paid him via Western Union based of the number of packages he shipped (remailed). Starkey said Z would pay him $10 per package of vials shipped and $5 per package of pills shipped. Starkey never interacted with customers directly nor did he manage any funds received from customers. He was simply provided with pick and pack details along with customer addresses.
    In spite of their August 2014 arrest, the couple continued to sell steroids. In January 2015, the Rushville Police and Rush County Sheriff's Office set up a controlled buy with David Starkey. Starkey was arrested with 500 grams of steroid powder in his possession. A subsequent search warrant turned up 200 vials of finished injectable steroids, worth an estimated $20,000 on the street, along with paraphernalia consistent with the operation of a steroid underground laboratory (UGL).

Both David and Holly Starkey have been held in custody at the Madison Correctional Facility ever since. David Starkey will begin his prison sentence immediately.

Holly Starkey has also pleaded guilty and remains incarcerated pending sentencing. It is possible that the status of Holly Starkey's case could have loomed over negotiations between David Starkey and county prosecutors. It remains to be seen if Holly Starkey gets out of jail or receives a reduced sentence as an official or unofficial condition of David Starkey's plea agreement.

Starkey pleads guilty to dealing steroids - Rushville Republican: Local News
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

AAS is serious stuff any way you slice it.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Its ridiculous...rapists and murderers get something like 20 years...victor conte drugged the entire MLB and sat for four months and this guy got 17 years because he remailed?

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    geeze! I got more crap than he has in my personal supply. 200 vials and half a kilo of powder is 17 years???

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Glad i live in the UK, would get a fine at the most

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    Glad i live in the UK, would get a fine at the most
    Glad i live in Balkans,i can get gear in pharmacy without doctor prescription...lol
    NACH3 likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post
    Glad i live in Balkans,i can get gear in pharmacy without doctor prescription...lol
    Jealous lol

mietek is offline Member
    Obama regime has been supporting moderate terrorists in Syria which resulted in 250 000 death and millions displaced and nobody spent a single day in prison.

This guys caused no harm to anybody but put a smile on face of people who want to look better and was punished for this.

londog is offline Junior Member
    It's too bad

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Terrible luck of all the states to get convicted in it's Indiana. I grew up in Indiana and since moved back, but the conduct of this state's court is RIDICULOUS!! They will push for maximum penalty on everything and the prosecutors are the most egotistical and snide professionals you'll ever meet! I got minor consumption when I was 17 for blowing 0.023 BAC and I did 6 months in county jail even with a good lawyer. They just refuse to discuss any alternative avenues if it doesn't involve imprisonment.

I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he didn't end up at The Wall in Pendelton.

It's pretty normal to see outrageous sentencing in Indiana. A friend committed a pretty idiotic act of stealing a wild rabbit at a 4-H fair and releasing it in the local park nearby. Convicted of Larceny and served 2 years at 19 even with a clean record.
    Indymuscleguy likes this.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mietek View Post
    Obama regime has been supporting moderate terrorists in Syria which resulted in 250 000 death and millions displaced and nobody spent a single day in prison.

This guys caused no harm to anybody but put a smile on face of people who want to look better and was punished for this.
    So it's Obama's fault? SMGDH

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    Terrible luck of all the states to get convicted in it's Indiana. I grew up in Indiana and since moved back, but the conduct of this state's court is RIDICULOUS!! They will push for maximum penalty on everything and the prosecutors are the most egotistical and snide professionals you'll ever meet! I got minor consumption when I was 17 for blowing 0.023 BAC and I did 6 months in county jail even with a good lawyer. They just refuse to discuss any alternative avenues if it doesn't involve imprisonment.

I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he didn't end up at The Wall in Pendelton.

It's pretty normal to see outrageous sentencing in Indiana. A friend committed a pretty idiotic act of stealing a wild rabbit at a 4-H fair and releasing it in the local park nearby. Convicted of Larceny and served 2 years at 19 even with a clean record.
    That's ****ing crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    That's ****ing crazy.
    There is absolutely no separation between Church and State in Indiana. You hardly have any rights to begin with. This is by far the worse state I've lived in as a tenant renting apartments. You literally have no legal rights to protect yourself in either a living situation or an employment situation. They can fire you for whatever they want and can legally tell you that they fired you due to your religious preferences, sexual orientation, or just because they didn't like you.

You go to any hospital and you happen to have THC in your system then you are denied any medical assistance. I have so many first hand and second hand experiences in this state that would make you question how they get away with it. A good friend who passed away about 4 years ago from complications due to a car accident, he was in a drunk driving incident as a passenger and it severed his spinal column I believe at the L5? He didn't have any sensation below his belly button and partial mobility in his limbs. At the hospital they denied him opiate pain medication for almost 2 weeks before his blood was clean of THC as it caused him to be labeled a narcotic abuser.

I'd never felt so helpless watching my friend die before and yet the hospital was perfectly content with their actions. I can't use certain medical pavilions because I've failed a drug test for THC back when I was a teenager and it's still viewable on my medical records there and I'm a "drug seeker."

Had another friend who thankfully beat his case later on, but was tried as an adult at 16 for possession of LSD in some minor quantity around 10-20 blotter papers. They gave him 35 years with eligibility for parole in 20 because the quantity he had qualified as grounds for conspiracy to manufacture or distribute. All of these are true just to show the extreme of this country corn flake establishment of a state.

I can only hope that the prosecuting officer is a neanderthal or the arresting officers made some significant mistakes during the arrest that can provide grounds for dismissal. You can't even go on the clause that you were never read you Miranda Right's as it's no longer admissible in Indiana State Court.
    Last edited by Splifton; 11-03-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is absolutely no separation between Church and State in Indiana. You hardly have any rights to begin with. This is by far the worse state I've lived in as a tenant renting apartments. You literally have no legal rights to protect yourself in either a living situation or an employment situation. They can fire you for whatever they want and can legally tell you that they fired you due to your religious preferences, sexual orientation, or just because they didn't like you.

You go to any hospital and you happen to have THC in your system then you are denied any medical assistance. I have so many first hand and second hand experiences in this state that would make you question how they get away with it. A good friend who passed away about 4 years ago from complications due to a car accident, he was in a drunk driving incident as a passenger and it severed his spinal column I believe at the L5? He didn't have any sensation below his belly button and partial mobility in his limbs. At the hospital they denied him opiate pain medication for almost 2 weeks before his blood was clean of THC as it caused him to be labeled a narcotic abuser.

I'd never felt so helpless watching my friend die before and yet the hospital was perfectly content with their actions. I can't use certain medical pavilions because I've failed a drug test for THC back when I was a teenager and it's still viewable on my medical records there and I'm a "drug seeker."

Had another friend who thankfully beat his case later on, but was tried as an adult at 16 for possession of LSD in some minor quantity around 10-20 blotter papers. They gave him 35 years with eligibility for parole in 20 because the quantity he had qualified as grounds for conspiracy to manufacture or distribute. All of these are true just to show the extreme of this country corn flake establishment of a state.

I can only hope that the prosecuting officer is a neanderthal or the arresting officers made some significant mistakes during the arrest that can provide grounds for dismissal. You can't even go on the clause that you were never read you Miranda Right's as it's no longer admissible in Indiana State Court.
    Yikes. The only people who are documented as drug users/seekers in Florida are those who show up at the ER OD'd and unresponsive on a regular basis. And even they still get medicated if they actually have reason to be in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yikes. The only people who are documented as drug users/seekers in Florida are those who show up at the ER OD'd and unresponsive on a regular basis. And even they still get medicated if they actually have reason to be in pain.
    Just my own advice, but avoid Indiana like the plague. There really isn't much to this state unless you know your way around Indianapolis and I'm sure IndyMuscleGuy knows what I'm talking about. Only reason I'm stuck here is because I still need to complete at least another half a year of college before I'd feel comfortable with transferring out of state. Only positive aspects are some of the prestigious colleges, but even then it's easily capable of being replaced by a comparable state college elsewhere.

IU University and it's hospital where I live in it's library.

Purdue which is mostly known for it's Engineering programs..

Notre Dame where a teacher was forcing students to have sex with her daughter in exchange for passing grades..

That's about it unless you have the money for Wabash.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member

guess they like to suck out the life of people for extra jail funds... its sick!

Sorry Admin for going off on a rant and taking over the thread. I can't relate to the magnitude of facing that many years, but I can relate to the pure frustration that comes from dealing with the Indiana Justice System. The most backwards state that's so far behind in reform they haven't realized prohibition ended 80+ years ago.

Thread Information