Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: About bloodwork

workmachine is offline New Member

About bloodwork

I have a question about blood work. I am a 23-year-old man, who's been planning to execute a successful Test E. -only cycle in tre very near future.

My problem is that, in my area, where I live, they simply do not offer a test that is comprehensive enough.

In the austinite's "My First Cycle" -post, he clearly states that you'd need these at a minimum:
    1. Testosterone, Total
    2. Testosterone , Free
    3. Sensitive E2 Assay (Not basic estradiol, that's for women)
    4. CBC (Compete blood count)
    5. CMP (Comprehensive metabolic panel)
    6. Lipid Profile (post cycle is fine)
    7. LH and FSH (pre-cycle and post PCT)
    I bolded the ones that I would be able to get, for a reasonable price, around 100 euros. Which is pretty damn much, but okay, better be safe than sorry, right?

I might be able to get the full list, but I did some researching and turns up that I would have to pay like over 300 euros for the whole deal. The price seems surreal to me.

Tell me, how dumb/risky it would be If I were to get this blood work, that doesn't show everything austinite is advising to get?
    Last edited by workmachine; 11-03-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    First, let me tell you that there would be advantages in waiting a bit longer before messing with your hormones, but if you read Aust's "My first cycle" you know what im talking about.

Regarding your question in Europe it is many time hard to find blood panels, all the labs or clinics i've been to ask for the specific test names, except the the CBC which they call complete hemogram. In the hormones and what is called "metabolic panel" I have to name the tests.
    Also there is no sensitive E2 test, only one standard estradiol test.

You do need the free testosterone and estradiol (e2), if its sensitive its much better.

On the metabolic panel you can remove some IMO, the most important in the CMP are the liver transaminases ALT and AST. Also alkaline phospahse can be important in some situations.

There are also some other tests that can be important IMO, vitamin D tests, vitamin b12, prolactin, progesterone, TSH and creatine kinase.

At the end, diferent conditions may require more or different tests so proper diagnostic can be done.

About the price of this tests, go directly to the lab, dont go to clinics. Its much more expensive in clinics because they subcontract the labs, so basically you are paying an extra fee for the clinic.
    workmachine likes this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    First, let me tell you that there would be advantages in waiting a bit longer before messing with your hormones, but if you read Aust's "My first cycle" you know what im talking about.

Regarding your question in Europe it is many time hard to find blood panels, all the labs or clinics i've been to ask for the specific test names, except the the CBC which they call complete hemogram. In the hormones and what is called "metabolic panel" I have to name the tests.
    Also there is no sensitive E2 test, only one standard estradiol test.

You do need the free testosterone and estradiol (e2), if its sensitive its much better.

On the metabolic panel you can remove some IMO, the most important in the CMP are the liver transaminases ALT and AST. Also alkaline phospahse can be important in some situations.

There are also some other tests that can be important IMO, vitamin D tests, vitamin b12, prolactin, progesterone, TSH and creatine kinase.

At the end, diferent conditions may require more or different tests so proper diagnostic can be done.

About the price of this tests, go directly to the lab, dont go to clinics. Its much more expensive in clinics because they subcontract the labs, so basically you are paying an extra fee for the clinic.
    Here you go.

workmachine is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    First I want to thank you for this very helpful post. And I've thought about steroid use for a while now, and I've made the choice. Pretty much nothing will change my mind anymore. I will be competing in a un-tested powerlifting federation next year, and I've set some serious goals for myself in regards of powerlifting. I'm well educated with the risks involved, and that's why I want to execute this upcoming cycle, as well as the other upcoming ones, very clean and safe.

I made some phone calls earlier today and unfortunately it seems that here where I live, you need a doc's referral if you want to get your free test and estradiol tested out. Same goes with the LH and FSH. I got myself a phone call appointment from this one doctor for tomorrow, so I will have to see if I'm able to get this referral. Kinda pisses me off how stupidly complicated they've made a simple task like this.. Wish I lived in the U.S. or something..

Yeah, blood work over there's a bit on the high side. But it's your health, it's worth it. You should really consider waiting for a few more years before you run your first cycle. I've just read too many posts where guy's in their 20's are complaining about their limp units. It's really not worth it.

Thread Information