lacey23 is offline Junior Member

Albuterol dosing schedule

I've ran Albuterol in the past 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and noticed that I made significantly more progress with weight loss in the first few days than in the last few days. My understanding is that there is down regulation in beta 2 receptors and that lack of receptor sensitivity means Albuterol (or clen ) doesn't work as well in time.

Currently I'm working at a job that requires quite a bit of focus and mental sharpness through the day, so I don't want to use Albuterol while at work. The sides aren't near as bad as clen for me, but it still hurts my ability to focus.

Lately what I've been doing is 2.5 days on (Friday after work till Sunday night) and then don't take any Albuterol for 4.5 days from Monday till Friday at 5:00pm. So far, I've liked the results as it seems the receptors are fresh each weekend allowing for quite a bit of fat loss each weekend.

On a 2 week on 2 week off routine you spend 14 days on, where I'd be spending 10 days on (with 2.5 day/4.5 day splits) over that same 4 week period; however, the results seem similar as from what I can tell the receptors respond well each weekend with a bit of a break to recharge.

My questions are:

I'm looking for any opinions on this sort of dosing schedule. I haven't researched it, or read literature on it. I've read about 2 weeks on 2 weeks off with Clen and briefly seen people mention 2 days on 2 days off with Clen. Is there something I should be aware of with this dosing schedule?

Additionally, if there is no problem with it, do you guys see a time when I should go 'off' for an extended period of time? Or is 4.5 days off after 2.5 days on enough time to recover?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Have you considered using ketotifen? It prevents the down-regulation of b2 receptors so there is then no need for the 2on/2off protcol normally associated with a b2 agonist like clen or albut.
    Simply take 1mg/day, at night, before bed and viola. The b2 receptors will remain just as responsive and there is no need to take the time off. That being said I still dont like running clen or albut longer than 8 weeks.
    Ketotifen will make you life much easier than all this 2.5/4.5 stuff and I think you will really like the results you will see when you dont have to take time off for b2 receptors to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Have you considered using ketotifen? It prevents the down-regulation of b2 receptors so there is then no need for the 2on/2off protcol normally associated with a b2 agonist like clen or albut.
    Simply take 1mg/day, at night, before bed and viola. The b2 receptors will remain just as responsive and there is no need to take the time off. That being said I still dont like running clen or albut longer than 8 weeks.
    Ketotifen will make you life much easier than all this 2.5/4.5 stuff and I think you will really like the results you will see when you dont have to take time off for b2 receptors to refresh.
    Thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated. It sounds like a great solution; however, I have one last question. Does it help with the side effects at all? The only side effect I find bothersome is I don't have the ability to focus as well on albuterol and I need that during the work week. If ketotifen doesn't improve that side effect, I suppose I could at least use Albuterol some days of the week and go off on days I know I have a lot of work to do? I don't think everyone gets this side-effect, but I seem to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lacey23 View Post
    Thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated. It sounds like a great solution; however, I have one last question. Does it help with the side effects at all? The only side effect I find bothersome is I don't have the ability to focus as well on albuterol and I need that during the work week. If ketotifen doesn't improve that side effect, I suppose I could at least use Albuterol some days of the week and go off on days I know I have a lot of work to do? I don't think everyone gets this side-effect, but I seem to.
    No it will not improve this side in my opinion. Its interesting as albut has the opposite effect on me. I have an increased ability to remain alert and focused. Just goes to show how we all respond differently.
    Anyway, no you will still need a work around for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    No it will not improve this side in my opinion. Its interesting as albut has the opposite effect on me. I have an increased ability to remain alert and focused. Just goes to show how we all respond differently.
    Anyway, no you will still need a work around for that.
    Weird that I get the opposite effect than you.

I think I'll just take it every week night after work before the gym, along with either Benadryl or Ketotifen at nights, then increase the Albuterol dosing on the weekends. Thanks again for the advice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lacey23 View Post
    Weird that I get the opposite effect than you.

I think I'll just take it every week night after work before the gym, along with either Benadryl or Ketotifen at nights, then increase the Albuterol dosing on the weekends. Thanks again for the advice.
    Dont use benadryl, it wont work man!
    Best of luck!

Thread Information