cell1988 is offline New Member

Sciatic Nerve Pain After Glute Injection Help

I did my first glute injection and the day after it was no big deal, however over the next couple of days the area bruised a little and the second day afterwards I started having sciatic nerve pain. The area is not infected, but I put the needle in a bad area. It is a little better today, but I have been laying around for 4 days because too much sitting or walking makes it start hurting. I did not hit the nerve directly because the injection was painless. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Also how long is this going to last? Will the nerve start feeling better as the swelling goes down? I took the last two days off of work, I just want to know if it is dangerous to be up and around, which does make the pain increase. I also have tingling in my leg on occasion. I will be more careful next time to put the needle where it is supposed to go. Thank you in advance for any answers.

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cell1988 View Post
    I did my first glute injection and the day after it was no big deal, however over the next couple of days the area bruised a little and the second day afterwards I started having sciatic nerve pain. The area is not infected, but I put the needle in a bad area. It is a little better today, but I have been laying around for 4 days because too much sitting or walking makes it start hurting. I did not hit the nerve directly because the injection was painless. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Also how long is this going to last? Will the nerve start feeling better as the swelling goes down? I took the last two days off of work, I just want to know if it is dangerous to be up and around, which does make the pain increase. I also have tingling in my leg on occasion. I will be more careful next time to put the needle where it is supposed to go. Thank you in advance for any answers.
    coincidence imo.....you say you have tingling in your leg on occasion which points to a lumbar disc impinging on your nerve.

Try pain killers and anti inflamatory tablets

keep the lower back warm and stretch and move as much as possible.

failing this see a doctor / chiropraticoner

thank you. i hope you're correct but the pain starts at the point of injection and moves down my leg from there. I was just curious if swelling in my glute could also impinge on the sciatic nerve, as it runs through the glute. i appreciate the reply, i will take your advice on the heat and so on.

oh and btw I mean I have had tingling in my leg since the injection. never before

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    probably related- inflammed injection site impinging on nerve, do you suffer from pre existing back issues/sciatica?

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    If its getting better like you said, then i wouldnt worry too much.

i strained my back years ago. however my back hurt. this is from the injection site on down.

now that ive gone back to work it has made it a bit worse but i imagine when the bruising in my glute heals the nerve should feel better

Thread Information