Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By numbat

Thread: Adderall and working out.

kallmenelly is offline Associate Member

Adderall and working out.

I feel I have alot of concentration not to mention super human powers when I take my meds before a work out. Anyone else experience this?, oh ya I also sometimes like to mix it up with my pre workout depending on how much sleep i had the night before.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Adderals main purpose is focus isnt it? I took it to study for a final the night before the test. It was surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest818
    Adderals main purpose is focus isnt it? I took it to study for a final the night before the test. It was surreal.
    just did some research and Adderall clinically proven to promote muscle strength.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kallmenelly View Post
    just did some research and Adderall clinically proven to promote muscle strength.
    It's an amphetamine... Being a stimulant it will increase focus and intensity to a degree - but the question is, how healthy is this?? how much are you taking? and are you breaking the time release on them etc ?? I'd say your abusing them... Or if you're taking more than prescribed!

I had seizure(which was found that I had overdosed) on my prescribed amount of adderall on a cycle(actually in the middle of it)... So in my experience it doesn't mix well together(but some have no problems like I didn't before that on my previous cycle) and I'd definitely not take the two if I didn't have too(yes I have ADHD) but no longer need the adderall...

Just watch your BP and resting HR... I'd say they're both elevated from what they should be but if not good keep it that way and you should be fine

Oh ok thanks I only take what is proscribed to me and that is 20mgs per day if I take anymore I won't be able fall asleep later that night.

I know that if you take over 40mgs a day it will actually eat at your muscle tissue that's the last thing I want, I worked hard for these muscles.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Oh ok thanks I only take what is proscribed to me and that is 20mgs per day if I take anymore I won't be able fall asleep later that night.
    Yeah my old doc(not smart - just as much myself for not doing my part in researching) had me prescribed to 120mgs/day 30mgs(IR) 4x/day way too much... It was dehydrating me badly and I couldn't eat...

Your dose is a lot more "conservative" at the lowest dose but most effective for you! I just wanted to point out if it's an ER(extended release tablet/capsule) then they're(the filling) are made to release throughout the day and by breaking this release it will have an IR(immediate release effect)!

Just take as prescribed... but like I said watch your BP & HR(resting) especially if using along side a pre w/o... Which I wouldn't recommend taking with a pre w/o... They're filled with stims...
    Last edited by NACH3; 12-27-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Yeah my old doc(not smart - just as much myself for not doing my part in researching) had me prescribed to 120mgs/day 30mgs(IR) 4x/day way too much... It was dehydrating me badly and I couldn't eat...

Your dose is a lot more "conservative" at the lowest dose but most effective for you! I just wanted to point out if it's an ER(extended release tablet/capsule) then they're(the filling) are made to release throughout the day and by breaking this release it will have an IR(immediate release effect)!

Just take as prescribed... but like I said watch your BP & HR(resting) especially if using along side a pre w/o... Which I wouldn't recommend taking with a pre w/o... They're filled with stims...
    OK thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the response.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel I have alot of concentration not to mention super human powers when I take my meds before a work out. Anyone else experience this?, oh ya I also sometimes like to mix it up with my pre workout depending on how much sleep i had the night before.
    Be careful mixing it with pre workouts. Some could cause you some serious problems.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    All amps have a severe negative impact on our body - even at low prescribed doses

20mg may not sound like much, but over time it will eat you. Not to mention your tolerance climbs very quickly.

Prescription or not - I say stay away from all amps at damn near any cost.

If you have been on long term, trying coming off & see how you feel.

GL
    InternalFire likes this.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    All amps have a severe negative impact on our body - even at low prescribed doses

20mg may not sound like much, but over time it will eat you. Not to mention your tolerance climbs very quickly.

Prescription or not - I say stay away from all amps at damn near any cost.

If you have been on long term, trying coming off & see how you feel.

GL
    Actually, that's not quite true. In smaller (clinical) doses, amphetamine and dexamphetamine are actually neuroprotective and make positive changes to the dopaminergic system. However, higher doses cause an excess of neurotoxic metabolites of dopamine and down-regulation of dopamine receptors by both the dopamine releasing and reuptake inhibition of the drug. Of course, the nor-epinephrine effects increase with higher doses, but as far as I know it's the dopaminergic effects that largely decide the level of harm being done.

http://jad.sagepub.com/content/11/1/8.short

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26034283
    Last edited by Bigshotvictoria; 12-28-2015 at 02:10 PM.

funnyman is offline Junior Member
    I'm prescribed adderall but only take it for motivation. Guess it depends what you're running but I wouldn't trust mixing it with aas due to the stress your heart would be under

numbat is offline Member
    In my experience Addy always ends up being a catabolic agent.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Thread Information