Results 1 to 40 of 40
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Anabolic steroids with warfarin sodium

  1. #1
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20

    Anabolic steroids with warfarin sodium

    Hi all

    I'm 36 years old and I am a patient taking warfarin sodium. Has anyone had experience with steroids and warfarin? I'm thinking about making my first cycle because I have years of training and I'm naturally high. But I have doubts about the interaction of warfarin and anabolic steroids.
    I think using testosterone propionate since it stays in the body a short time. That way I have more control of the situation. With oral estanozozol.
    Thank you very much to all

  2. #2
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Why are you taking warfarin? Most people take it for thrombosis. I would strongly discourage you from taking AAS. Very strongly.

    The abbreviated version is because AAS increase your hematocrit. This means you have more erythrocytes, red blood cells. This causes a thickening of the blood. Obviously this is the exact opposite of what you want being on an anti-coagulant.

    If you're on warfarin because of a risk of blood clots then please just stay natural. I'm speaking with medical experience. I'm sure your doctor would agree. The complications you could experience range from stroke to heart attack and possibly death or loss of a limb from restricted blood flow.

  3. #3
    DSS's Avatar
    DSS
    DSS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norn Ireland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    Why are you taking warfarin? Most people take it for thrombosis. I would strongly discourage you from taking AAS. Very strongly. The abbreviated version is because AAS increase your hematocrit. This means you have more erythrocytes, red blood cells. This causes a thickening of the blood. Obviously this is the exact opposite of what you want being on an anti-coagulant. If you're on warfarin because of a risk of blood clots then please just stay natural. I'm speaking with medical experience. I'm sure your doctor would agree. The complications you could experience range from stroke to heart attack and possibly death or loss of a limb from restricted blood flow.
    Sounds like greatest reason to stay away.

  4. #4
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Testosterone also directly increases certain clotting factors. Other steroids probably do the same.

  5. #5
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    6 years ago I had a pulmonary embolism. It happened at the age of 30 years. I think I'll take warfarin forever...
    The prohibition applies to all steroids ? Boldenone ? Primobolan ? Trembolone?

  6. #6
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Ok, thanks DSS

  7. #7
    bartman314's Avatar
    bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    788
    to get more informed you could talk to a dr about trt and see what he says about trt and warfarin. I know aas is supernatural levels, but you would still get some relevant information talking to a doc about putting yourself high in the natural range.

  8. #8
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Yes, I'll do it.

  9. #9
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    I have a question. What happens in the case of a patient taking warfarin have low testosterone levels and give doctors need more testosterone to solve the problem? How they solve that problem?

  10. #10
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    In other words you take warfarin?

  11. #11
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    There's a big difference between TRT and cycling. TRT is meant to be a replacement dose and a cycle is meant to be a supraphysiological dose. The lines sometimes get blurred. I would ask guys like Bona about other compounds. I can only speak for the usually such as Test and Tren . I don't branch out much as far as AAS go, they're plenty for me.

  12. #12
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    There's a big difference between TRT and cycling. TRT is meant to be a replacement dose and a cycle is meant to be a supraphysiological dose. The lines sometimes get blurred. I would ask guys like Bona about other compounds. I can only speak for the usually such as Test and Tren. I don't branch out much as far as AAS go, they're plenty for me.
    What do you think about replacing warfarin with Dabigatran or Rivaroxaban?
    Do you know something about using steroids with Dabigatran or Rivaroxaban?
    I'm searching alternatives for my problem...

  13. #13
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    The problem isn't that you're taking warfarin, substituting it changes nothing. The problem is that you have to take warfarin. There's no anabolic cycle out there that I would suggest to you.

  14. #14
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Yeah man, if you had a PE at 30 for no apparent reason, I'd say you should just avoid ANYTHING that could affect blood clotting. It's really not worth turning blue and dropping dead over.

    Do you have Factor V Leiden or something? Were you obese? A smoker?
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-20-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

  15. #15
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yeah man, if you had a PE at 30 for no apparent reason, I'd say you should just avoid ANYTHING that could affect blood clotting. It's really not worth turning blue and dropping dead over.

    Do you have Factor V Leiden or something? Were you obese? A smoker?
    The reason was that I inherited a clotting factor of my blood. And it came when I was 30 years old. I don't remember a factor clotting name.
    Never smoke, no obese.
    13 years of training naturally with creatine, protein (whey) and amino acids.

    Age: 36
    Height 6'1"
    Weight: 86 kg
    bf%: 19
    Last edited by manvs; 01-20-2016 at 08:27 AM.

  16. #16
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    The reason was that I inherited a clotting factor of my blood. And it came when I was 30 years old. I don't remember a factor clotting name.
    Never smoke, no obese.
    13 years of training naturally with creatine, protein (whey) and amino acids.

    Age: 36
    Height 6'1"
    Weight: 86 kg
    bf%: 19
    Is that 19% BF remotely accurate, or was it just from one of those digital scales? If those are your real stats, forget about AAS and learn to eat properly. And if you have a genetic disorder that could kill you, you should probably bother to at least remember what it's called, if you're not going to learn everything about it. It's probably Leiden V if you're of Scandinavian origin.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-20-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

  17. #17
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Is that 19% BF remotely accurate, or was it just from one of those digital scales? If those are your real stats, forget about AAS and learn to eat properly. And if you have a genetic disorder that could kill you, you should probably bother to at least remember what it's called, if you're not going to learn everything about it. It's probably Leiden V if you're of Scandinavian origin.
    Very interesting what you say. No, it was just from one those of digital scales. Surely the BF% should be higher but do not think much.
    I am from South America. Anyway I will see what is the factor...

  18. #18
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    Why are you taking warfarin? Most people take it for thrombosis. I would strongly discourage you from taking AAS. Very strongly.

    The abbreviated version is because AAS increase your hematocrit. This means you have more erythrocytes, red blood cells. This causes a thickening of the blood. Obviously this is the exact opposite of what you want being on an anti-coagulant.

    If you're on warfarin because of a risk of blood clots then please just stay natural. I'm speaking with medical experience. I'm sure your doctor would agree. The complications you could experience range from stroke to heart attack and possibly death or loss of a limb from restricted blood flow.
    I read somewhere that the AAS, in this case stanozolol and testosterone propionate potentiate warfarin. You commented that the AAS would lead to thickening of the blood. I'm confused...

  19. #19
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    I read somewhere that the AAS, in this case stanozolol and testosterone propionate potentiate warfarin. You commented that the AAS would lead to thickening of the blood. I'm confused...
    Dude, Ranger and Bona gave you the correct answers, if you are on warfarin and dont know what erythocytes or hematocrit are you really not very interested in your own health, are you?

    Nothing good will come out of someone needing warfarin doing steroids . Get over it.

  20. #20
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Dude, Ranger and Bona gave you the correct answers, if you are on warfarin and dont know what erythocytes or hematocrit are you really not very interested in your own health, are you?

    Nothing good will come out of someone needing warfarin doing steroids. Get over it.

    Perfect.
    Then they should be careful when they read out there about the adverse effects of steroids . Because in this case they(steroids articles) say that steroids increase the effects of warfarin.
    Thank you very much for the answer Mr. BB
    Last edited by manvs; 01-23-2016 at 07:03 PM.

  21. #21
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    Perfect.
    Then they should be careful when they read out there about the adverse effects of steroids . Because in this case they(steroids articles) say that steroids increase the effects of warfarin.
    Thank you very much for the answer Mr. BB
    I have Factor V Leiden and have done just a tad of reading/learning on the subject of AAS and warfarin/Coumadin.
    Keep in mind I am on TRT, not cycling. With that being said, it looks like some studies indicate that oxandrolone actually increases the effects of warfarin. Not recommending an anavar cycle or anything like that, just sharing the info.

    WHO Pharmaceuticals Newsletter 2004, No. 03: SAFETY OF MEDICINES: OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin

    JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Oxandrolone Steroid Use and Impaired Coagulation
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  22. #22
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I have Factor V Leiden and have done just a tad of reading/learning on the subject of AAS and warfarin/Coumadin.
    Keep in mind I am on TRT, not cycling. With that being said, it looks like some studies indicate that oxandrolone actually increases the effects of warfarin. Not recommending an anavar cycle or anything like that, just sharing the info.

    WHO Pharmaceuticals Newsletter 2004, No. 03: SAFETY OF MEDICINES: OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin

    JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Oxandrolone Steroid Use and Impaired Coagulation
    Ok, so in this study they used 10 and 20 mgs ED of oxandrolone, what happens if one uses normal bodybuilding dosage?

    Is it viable for the OP to do multiple bloodwork to correct warfarin dosage in order to maintain PT in optimal values?

  23. #23
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Ok, so in this study they used 10 and 20 mgs ED of oxandrolone, what happens if one uses normal bodybuilding dosage?

    Is it viable for the OP to do multiple bloodwork to correct warfarin dosage in order to maintain PT in optimal values?
    IMO, no. I just wanted to let the OP know that there are AAS that have an interaction with warfarin. As far as trying to run numerous PT/INR tests to compensate for the increased effectiveness of warfarin, I doubt you'll find very many, if any, US doctors willing to order the tests, much less prescribe the Oxandrin for that purpose.
    As stated in my post, this was simply information that I was sharing. Also. I stated, that my post was coming from a TRT perspective, not an AAS cycle.

    I may be mistaken, but I suspect the OP isn't from the US, so the information may prove useful in his country.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-24-2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Typos
    Mr.BB likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  24. #24
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    However, I wish there was a type of "sliding scale" that could be used to adjust Coumadin dosages when used with Oxandrin.
    My cardiologist never could get me to a decent PT/INR even @ max Coumadin. That was when they sent me for genetic testing and discovered I had a single copy (heterozygous) of the defective gene. They wanted to put in a Greenfield filter to capture any clots.
    After I had a go around with staph infection in my blood and had to have my pacemaker removed so the staph could be cleared from my body, I want no more implants of any type in my body. Actually, I may have made an atypically wise choice for a change. I see commercials on TV all of the time for lawyers looking for people who have had problems with vena cava filters becoming dislodged, etc.
    I would not be at all adverse to trying Coumadin again if they would toss in a little more test to my TRT via Oxandrin.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-24-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  25. #25
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    My question is: If a patient is on warfarin need a dose of testosterone , for example sustanton or another, in this case as doctors resolve the situation?

  26. #26
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    My question is: If a patient is on warfarin need a dose of testosterone, for example sustanton or another, in this case as doctors resolve the situation?
    Why would someone need a single dose of testosterone ? 98% cases if someone needs testosterone it will need it for life, its called testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

    And TRT dosage are on average 100mgs testosterone per week, which although still with potential to cause polycythemia it is a much slower rise in hematocrit than a normal 500mgs per week of a normal cycle.

    So the doctor needs to weight the pros and cons and decide from there. I can tell you for sure that in risk patients testosterone will not be prescribed,
    thrombosis and stroke risks will outweight the testosterone benefits.

  27. #27
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I have Factor V Leiden and have done just a tad of reading/learning on the subject of AAS and warfarin/Coumadin.
    Keep in mind I am on TRT, not cycling. With that being said, it looks like some studies indicate that oxandrolone actually increases the effects of warfarin. Not recommending an anavar cycle or anything like that, just sharing the info.

    WHO Pharmaceuticals Newsletter 2004, No. 03: SAFETY OF MEDICINES: OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin

    JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Oxandrolone Steroid Use and Impaired Coagulation
    First of all, I have about had enough of people quoting information they read from an abstract. If you have full access to the article please share it so I can rip your argument apart.

    So, notice in the abstract how it says it has been anecdotally associated? An anecdote in this contexts means hearsay. It is essentially a broscience equivalent. The article even admits that upfront, and yet you use it to help justify your desire to use AAS against our judgment?

    Now, let me tear the front page of the article apart since that is all you posted. The article states a 93-year-old woman with pretty much every single thing wrong with her took oxandrolone and miraculously her prothrombin time has increased, along with another, also admittedly anecdotal, patient who had a similar response.

    So let's pretend that they aren't openly admitting that their evidence is based on unproven and unchecked accounts. Let's also say their sample size was more than two and the evidence was based on actually bodybuilding doses. If you have taken a stats course then you know how terrible a sample size of two is. You still have several fallacies in this "evidence."

    There is still the fact that none of these studies, actually they aren't even studies, none of this hearsay has been observed over longer periods of time. I am not talking years, they haven't even been tested for several weeks. But that is not all, even if the compound does consistently raise prothrombin time, does that mean it is still good for you? You have to look at the medication as a whole. Do you know how many different factors there are that allow blood to clot? No you don't, I don't even know because there are so many. You are going to need to prove more than increased prothrombin times before you convince me.

    Never mind the fact that a lot of people will tell you to take Test with your Anavar.

  28. #28
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    First of all, I have about had enough of people quoting information they read from an abstract. If you have full access to the article please share it so I can rip your argument apart.

    So, notice in the abstract how it says it has been anecdotally associated? An anecdote in this contexts means hearsay. It is essentially a broscience equivalent. The article even admits that upfront, and yet you use it to help justify your desire to use AAS against our judgment?

    Now, let me tear the front page of the article apart since that is all you posted. The article states a 93-year-old woman with pretty much every single thing wrong with her took oxandrolone and miraculously her prothrombin time has increased, along with another, also admittedly anecdotal, patient who had a similar response.

    So let's pretend that they aren't openly admitting that their evidence is based on unproven and unchecked accounts. Let's also say their sample size was more than two and the evidence was based on actually bodybuilding doses. If you have taken a stats course then you know how terrible a sample size of two is. You still have several fallacies in this "evidence."

    There is still the fact that none of these studies, actually they aren't even studies, none of this hearsay has been observed over longer periods of time. I am not talking years, they haven't even been tested for several weeks. But that is not all, even if the compound does consistently raise prothrombin time, does that mean it is still good for you? You have to look at the medication as a whole. Do you know how many different factors there are that allow blood to clot? No you don't, I don't even know because there are so many. You are going to need to prove more than increased prothrombin times before you convince me.

    Never mind the fact that a lot of people will tell you to take Test with your Anavar.


    You my friend have an issue with reading comprehension. Read the part in bold below.


    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I have Factor V Leiden and have done just a tad of reading/learning on the subject of AAS and warfarin/Coumadin.
    Keep in mind I am on TRT, not cycling. With that being said, it looks like some studies indicate that oxandrolone actually increases the effects of warfarin. Not recommending an anavar cycle or anything like that, just sharing the info.

    WHO Pharmaceuticals Newsletter 2004, No. 03: SAFETY OF MEDICINES: OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin

    JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Oxandrolone Steroid Use and Impaired Coagulation
    I simply posted a few references that I have run across.
    Secondly. I get tired of people coming across all high and mighty. He asked if anyone had experience with warfarin and steroid . I do, a hell of a lot. In addition to suffering through numerous heart conditions, I also have Leiden FactorV, am highly resistant to Coumadin, and the only thinner that worked was Arixtra, which they don't want me on long term.
    Now, my references are at least credible and not a self promoting dot com posting. If you have a problem with me, PM me and we can discuss it, otherwise, get off my back.
    I simply replied to a question that I have experience with, so climb down off.your high horse.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-25-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  29. #29
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    First of all, I have about had enough of people quoting information they read from an abstract. If you have full access to the article please share it so I can rip your argument apart.

    So, notice in the abstract how it says it has been anecdotally associated? An anecdote in this contexts means hearsay. It is essentially a broscience equivalent. The article even admits that upfront, and yet you use it to help justify your desire to use AAS against our judgment?

    Now, let me tear the front page of the article apart since that is all you posted. The article states a 93-year-old woman with pretty much every single thing wrong with her took oxandrolone and miraculously her prothrombin time has increased, along with another, also admittedly anecdotal, patient who had a similar response.

    So let's pretend that they aren't openly admitting that their evidence is based on unproven and unchecked accounts. Let's also say their sample size was more than two and the evidence was based on actually bodybuilding doses. If you have taken a stats course then you know how terrible a sample size of two is. You still have several fallacies in this "evidence."

    There is still the fact that none of these studies, actually they aren't even studies, none of this hearsay has been observed over longer periods of time. I am not talking years, they haven't even been tested for several weeks. But that is not all, even if the compound does consistently raise prothrombin time, does that mean it is still good for you? You have to look at the medication as a whole. Do you know how many different factors there are that allow blood to clot? No you don't, I don't even know because there are so many. You are going to need to prove more than increased prothrombin times before you convince me.

    Never mind the fact that a lot of people will tell you to take Test with your Anavar.

    What's this part about using AAS against our judgement? or take test with your var. I never said not to. I was sharing information. If you are referring to the OP, then your reading skills are WAY off. I didn't even post a question, make a suggestion for a cycle, or ask a question about a cycle. I simply mentioned that I am on TRT, Dr. administered at the Drs. office, so I don't know why you accuse me of using AAS against "our judgement".
    Maybe you need to step away from the keyboard for a bit.
    And yes, when the World Health Organization and the Journal of the American Medical Association puts out an abstract it carries some weight, IMHO.


    Now, can you explain to me or PM me and tell me why you are going off on a rant on me? It certainly can't be for giving advice or instructing the OP to do ANYTHING. As I posted above, I was simply posting info that I have run across over years of dealing with hypercoaguability
    Why you decided to tear off on me is beyond my comprehension. The only conclusion that I can come to thus far is that you have a problem with reading and.following a thread or you are one of those people that feel a need to jump on someone's case because you like to feel important.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-25-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  30. #30
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Now below is a letter to the FDA from the manufacturer and is posted on the WHO website.
    It is written in very plain straightforward English. Where is the "broscience" in that?


    WHO Pharmaceuticals Newsletter 2004, No. 03: SAFETY OF MEDICINES: OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin
    OXANDROLONE - Warning for interaction with warfarin

    USA. Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc., in consultation with US FDA has issued a letter to health professionals regarding the potential for interaction when oxandrolone, an anabolic androgenic steroid and warfarin, an anticoagulant, are prescribed together. Oxandrolone is used as adjunctive therapy to promote weight gain in patients following extensive surgery, chronic infections, etc. According to a recent clinical study, concurrent dosing of oxandrolone and warfarin might prolong the half-life of warfarin with a resultant increase in the International Normalized Ratio (INR) or Prothrombin Time (PT). When oxandrolone is prescribed to patients being treated with warfarin, doses of warfarin may need to be decreased significantly to maintain a desirable INR level and diminish the risk of potentially serious bleeding. Patients should be carefully monitored for INR or PT values and for signs and symptoms of occult bleeding.

    Reference:

    'Dear Healthcare Professional' letter from Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc., 20 April 2004. Available from URL: U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page

    I was simply answering the OPs question "Does anyone have experience taking Coumadin/warfarin and AAS"? I do, so I replied.
    As mentioned before, there are many factors in the clotting cascade and testosterone can contribute to clotting in individuals with clotting disorders. I simply posted one example of an AAS that can have the opposite effect when used with Coumadin and may require a decreased Coumadin dosage.
    Do.you have a problem with that?
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-25-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  31. #31
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Then the problem of the warfarin with is some type of testosterones?
    What's happen with the stanozolol , boldenona or trembolona?

  32. #32
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Well it seems I struck a nerve^. Instead of arguing I will secede to your superior reading comprehension and interpretation of anecdotes.

    OP, take AAS, they'll decrease your blood coagulation and improve your overall health.

  33. #33
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    Well it seems I struck a nerve^. Instead of arguing I will secede to your superior reading comprehension and interpretation of anecdotes.

    OP, take AAS, they'll decrease your blood coagulation and improve your overall health.
    Maybe I can take more warfarin to compensate AAS efects.

  34. #34
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    Maybe I can take more warfarin to compensate AAS efects.
    It's only 6 week

  35. #35
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,455
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    Well it seems I struck a nerve^. Instead of arguing I will secede to your superior reading comprehension and interpretation of anecdotes.

    OP, take AAS, they'll decrease your blood coagulation and improve your overall health.
    That is not what I posted. He asked for interactions between AAS and warfarin/Coumadin. Getting sick of your attitude. Again, if you have a problem with me state it via PM. Otherwise, back off.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  36. #36
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by manvs View Post
    Maybe I can take more warfarin to compensate AAS efects.
    I get the feeling you are looking for a specific answer. You have gotten some serious replies in this thread, mainly to not use AAS as you might drop dead. If you are so intent on using AAS no one here will stop you and since the consequence's seem to involve death I figure we will never know what you in the end decided!

  37. #37
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I get the feeling you are looking for a specific answer. You have gotten some serious replies in this thread, mainly to not use AAS as you might drop dead. If you are so intent on using AAS no one here will stop you and since the consequence's seem to involve death I figure we will never know what you in the end decided!
    I'm looking variants and see how to consume AAS.
    It is fine to be natural but I'm tired of it. There is a huge difference between natural and steroids . I'm frustrated to work hard, diets, and yet so far from the results of steroid I ever catch up naturally.
    Last edited by manvs; 01-27-2016 at 06:35 AM.

  38. #38
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    That is not what I posted. He asked for interactions between AAS and warfarin/Coumadin. Getting sick of your attitude. Again, if you have a problem with me state it via PM. Otherwise, back off.
    Yes sir.

  39. #39
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    I also read everywhere that Nolvadex can not be taken with warfarin. Yesterday I asked my doctor if I could and he said I could. There is no problem, that has several patients taking warfarin with Nolvadex and have had no problems of any kind. So you think about this?

  40. #40
    manvs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Hi all

    Doctor has replaced me warfarin by Aspirin(acetylsalicylic acid). You believe that I can have the same problems to use steroids ? Or with aspirin I can safely use steroids ?

    Thanks all for your help..!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •