iphone11 is offline New Member

Dirty Bulk vs Clean Bulk

Hey everyone,

I actually read that entire guide to successful first cycle post and even printed it out to reference. It really was helpful and I'll definitely be looking at it often.

My question today is what's the difference (Pros & Cons) between a Dirty Bulk and a Clean Bulk... Keep in mind that I'm very thin so I'm really looking to put on a good amount of weight.

Stats: 24 yr old 6'1 172lbs
    Lift 3 days a week on a D2 college football workout plan and 3 days on my own hitting chest tris / back shoulders bis / legs abs rotating hose 3 days on my own

Goal would be to get to 200 lbs I

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is partially an opinion statement but:

Clean bulk results take longer, your diet has to be as precise as you can get it, and it takes awhile to figure out where you truly stand as far as your caloric needs. Especially when AAS are added. It's doable, just not preferred for anyone who doesn't have plenty of diet experience and dedication, and I don't know if you do or don't.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would like to add an afterthought. I basically only clean bulk. By clean bulk I mean I stay barely over my TDEE or right at it. I don't gain much very quickly but over the course of a year it's noticeable. But I prefer to keep my BF low year round now.

I don't have much of any diet experience I've always struggled putting weight on and I understand my diet is most likely the biggest factor into that. Which is why I'm willing to dirty bulk and go over the 500 calorie surplus of my TDEE... I just received my first cycle of test e and dbol (plus the anti estrogen, HCG and PCT) but after reading more of he forums and hearing the guys advice on here I've decided to hold off (for now) and not start yet... Instead I was going to try to focus on a dirty bulk... Any advice/opinions are appreciated guys (just try to not to be a Ahole about it)

Thanks again

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    What do you think is the biggest problem with you putting on weight? Eating enough? or a fast metabolism? My advice is go for as lean of a bulk as you can, i went from 170 in November to 194 last week, and I put on a lot of muscle but now I am going to have to put a halt on bulking and shed off some body fat (which is extremely annoying for me, but very necessary) My problem was never putting on the weight or being able to eat enough, but I hear a lot of people do have that problem.

http://forums.steroid.com/members-cy...-400mg-pw.html

is my log, I wouldnt have cycled yet if it wasnt for the fact that I am already on TRT

Edit: I was as low as 153lbs a couple months ago

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Iphone- you need to gain a significant amount of weight. It is rather complex and your macronutrient %, amount of cardio, etc. i was from the old school where i would gain weight and up my bf% to about 15-18%. I was advised to try and keep my bf between 10-12%. I am presently trying this. So far so good. You may also want to post in the diet section.

I wanna say the biggest problem is a fast metabolism because I do eat a lot (often and in amount) I just feel that if I dirty bulk and lift heavy I would see faster results. And no I know this doesn't just happen overnight. I'm trying to be smart with is I'm even holding off on doing my first cycle...is dirty bulking and upping my BF % that's bad? Being 6 foot 1 and 170 is very lightweight. For that size I put up a good amount of weight in the gym but the results physically aren't there. Ive increased my strength just with my work ethic but the size hasn't come and never truly has

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    It's not bad it's a matter of opinion really, and you should deffinetly "bulk" but from my experience I kind of feel stupid for having to work off the body fat now instead of continuing to bulk because I bulked too much. I ate really clean too, I wasnt going to restaurants or fast food places lol. Nothing but chicken breast, 96% lean ground beef, turkey breast, brown rice etc. I think you are diff than me though, you just need to gain weight period. My advice is just watch how much fat you are putting on because you arent going to want to stop bulking and gaining muscle like I had to because your bf% is getting high

Thread Information