• 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Strongblood
  • 1 Post By Rusty11

Thread: Advice on first blast

Proximal is offline Banned

Advice on first blast

Delete
    Last edited by Proximal; 02-23-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I think bumping to 300 mg ew is fine but you will probably need an ai alongside and yes continue with your hcg

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Respectfully^^^^^^ but I think 400, if not 500 per week would be an appropriate dose for your blast. Also, I would increase it to 13 weeks rather than 8.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Typo, meant 12

Delete

Delete

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    I think 300-500mg per week for 12 weeks would be perfect for you. I did 400mg for 12 weeks and I was extremely happy with the results other than the fact that I bulked a little to much and gained fat lol. HCG for someone your age is more of a preference, if you aren't worried about having children and fertility then your biggest problem with not using HCG would be testicular shrinkage and making a recovery harder if you ever wanted to stop testosterone therapy completely...which I doubt you plan on doing at your age. HCG makes natural testosterone recovery better/easier and keeps your testicles from atrophy/shrinkage and helps preserve fertility. One thing I highly recommend which is a must is an AI while running a blast. Not sure what dose of AI you were running to drive your e2 too low on 150mg pw but I would get blood work done (sensative e2 test) before cycle to see where you are at and then decide whether you want to run .25mg eod or .5mg eod.

Delete

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    And let me say, that that small taste was delicious!

So I bumped my T to 150 mg. 2x/wk, reinitiated Adex to .125 EOD, but did not go the hCG route. BTW, don't need my sperm and testicular atrophy/tightness was easily tolerable. So my "mini-blast" was 6 weeks.

Still waiting for BW and going for another hydrostatic weighing in a few days, but damn, I know what the mirror, scale and the increase in resistance that I am moving on a consistent basis is confirming - 5 more pounds of muscle, bringing my total to 11 pounds since my initiation of TRT at the very end of September. OMG this stuff is amazing!
    Hmmmm... I'm a few years younger and been on 100mg/wk for a couple of years. I've been considering doing something very similar. I keep talking myself out of it thinking I'm too damn old lol. Anyway, you've given me some hope. So, even though it was a short blast at 300mg/wk, you saw good results? Awesome. Time to drop a bit of bf, then I'm going to dive in. I'll be following this for more info. If you've got any tips, I'd like to hear them. Did your hematocrit rise dramatically, or have you not tested it since stopping?

Delete
    Last edited by Proximal; 02-23-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Rusty11 likes this.

Delete
    Last edited by Proximal; 02-23-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Rusty11 likes this.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal
    At the end of my six weeks my workouts were amazing me. My weights climbed regularly and my pumps for some reason we're awesome. I'll have objective body fat numbers on Saturday. My hematocrit finally hit the high end of normal, about a month ago, and I donated. Waiting for my current BW which will include hematocrit.
    Low T sucks. And it is amazing at the amount of middle aged men walking around with it. I'm soo glad I went to a good doc that got my test levels back on the high side of normal. It was the best thing I could have done for myself and my health! Keep up the good work!
    Proximal likes this.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Hey again Rusty. The hematocrit came in fine @ 47, but I did donate blood a couple weeks earlier.

Surprised my E2 was high, but knew my Prolactin would be high due to my history.

Did my hydrostatic weighing today - gained 3 more pounds of muscle and lost two pounds of fat in the past couple of months. Considering I'v actually added about 500 more calories per day and don't do cardio, that put a smile on face.
    Proximal, thanks for updating. So, e2 was a little high? You'll probably bump up your AI next time (I know there will be a next time lol). I assume your e2 will go back down since you are back on your original trt dose. I don't think I've ever had prolactin checked. Good to hear about the hct level being at 47%. My wife just drained a pint from me this afternoon. Cardio... Ugh. Since I'm at 15%bf and want to get it down before I start anything, Ive been forcing myself to get on the bike a couple times per week. Not a fan haha.
    Proximal likes this.

Thread Information