Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Just how "bad" for you is a cycle of Test?

borlef is offline Junior Member

Just how "bad" for you is a cycle of Test?

So most of the stuff I hear about Juice being bad doesn't go on to explain exactly why, and most of the people I hear say juicing isn't bad, spend 3 hours roasting in the sun, and think you need to eat 300g of protein a day.

So I'm looking for something credible and tangible as to why or why not, gear is bad for you.

It certainly seems like there would be a detrimental affect, as would most things that dramatically alter the hormones of your body (i.e. your body's natural stasis).

Thoughts, evidence, statistics?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Running gear or cycling is bad when you haven't done the proper research to understand what your doing and what the chemicals do that your putting into your body

That doesn't answer the question. Of course anything used improperly will be bad for you, including medicines meant to save lives.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Why not ask your doctor? Most family practice docs are against it and will tell you what you want to know. And I believe it really comes down to what you want to hear. You would like to do a cycle as I can see from your threads and you are asking some good questions and getting answers from members here. So go see your doctor and tell him you want to do a steroid cycle and you want to know all the horrible stuff that will happen to you. Your doctor has to keep your medical confidential.
    Not bashing you, just letting you know the reality of your question and how to best get the info you want.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I think a moderate testcycle 1-2 times a year will not do any harm to most people as long as they live and eat superhealthy.

1-2 testcycles with optimal healthy diett and lifestyle will do less harm to most than a man in the street-life with smoking, drinking, officejob and no exercise with junk and coockies in the afternoon lying in sofa in front of TV.

Its very rare we see bodybuilding deaths linked to moderate use. The bb deaths media and some magazines love to publish is mostly caused by extreme cycling and use of other drugs aswell.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 02-01-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Age is an important factor in steroid use . The human brain doesn't fully develop until about mid 20's. Thus the "don't cycle until 25" line you read in this forum. Adding exogenous Test to a developing endo system disrupts the natural production of Test via the testes. We all know that your nuts shrivel up when on Test and we're trying to get back to "normal" after PCT. I haven't read definitive stats on how many young men are injured from steroid cycling. I doubt we'll see one anytime soon. There is always a chance that there could be permanent damage due to a bad cycle. The chances are small but it is always there. Bonaparte could probably write a thesis on this topic. Basically, the exo Test messes up your natural Test production, there's amortization of Test into estrogen, then your E2 level gets jacked, that affects other glandular systems, and the effect daisy chains. We self medicate to minimize the affects of the system off balance. After the cycle, including PCT, we hope that everything gets back to normal so we can do it again. I read about half a dozen papers on the affect of Test on the adult male. It was so technical I got lost and honestly, got more out of the abstract. To me, we take a calculated gamble each time we cycle. Most of the time we "win" but some guys "lose". Limp swinging units seems to be the most distressing posts I've read. I think if people are smart about their cycles, the chances are pretty good that they'll be ok. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Age is an important factor in steroid use. The human brain doesn't fully develop until about mid 20's. Thus the "don't cycle until 25" line you read in this forum. Adding exogenous Test to a developing endo system disrupts the natural production of Test via the testes. We all know that your nuts shrivel up when on Test and we're trying to get back to "normal" after PCT. I haven't read definitive stats on how many young men are injured from steroid cycling. I doubt we'll see one anytime soon. There is always a chance that there could be permanent damage due to a bad cycle. The chances are small but it is always there. Bonaparte could probably write a thesis on this topic. Basically, the exo Test messes up your natural Test production, there's amortization of Test into estrogen, then your E2 level gets jacked, that affects other glandular systems, and the effect daisy chains. We self medicate to minimize the affects of the system off balance. After the cycle, including PCT, we hope that everything gets back to normal so we can do it again. I read about half a dozen papers on the affect of Test on the adult male. It was so technical I got lost and honestly, got more out of the abstract. To me, we take a calculated gamble each time we cycle. Most of the time we "win" but some guys "lose". Limp swinging units seems to be the most distressing posts I've read. I think if people are smart about their cycles, the chances are pretty good that they'll be ok. My .02
    Well put.

I'm just trying to gauge the risk vs reward. I've had infections in the past from travelling that lead to serious illness, and I was a total healthnut well before, since 13-14, so I'm very concerned about the risks.

I think we all know the rewards, and I'd love to have more power, and am sick of the limitations of my incredibly slight natural build, no matter how much I lift and eat.

I just don't want to go through a cycle and encounter some problem and go "f'n hell how stupid was I not to know this outcome was a possibility," and have it be something serious. Beyond ED.

I'm not worried about temporarily feeling more emotional, or having low libido after, what I am worried about is heart problems, encodrine problems, organ problems.

I can ask my doc I suppose. Is that something people here normally do?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by borlef View Post

I can ask my doc I suppose. Is that something people here normally do?
    Hell no. Not that they would actually know.
    And there are few peer-reviewed studies on the long term effects of moderate AAS use (besides therapeutic use of a single drug for a specific medical purpose), but plenty of case studies on extreme idiots using untold compounds and quantities.

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like hes doing research right now

Thread Information