Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Simon1972

Thread: Question regarding test only cycle

Research is offline New Member

Question regarding test only cycle

Hey guys still pretty new here so I'm hoping to learn a lot from you older bbers cause I don't really have any older figures in person to get advice from. (I've read most of the "important things to read threads" like beginner cycles etc etc but wanted to form my own question so I could get some feedback from you guys)

I've heard a test only cycle is pretty safe and was wondering if 500 mg as the dosage per week would be acceptable for a first cycle ? I was also wondering if for a pct Clomid or nolvedex , which would be better.

Also I wanted to know with a pct of such, do you start it when your done with the test or half way through and also how many weeks should you run the test for?

How would the gains be on such a cycle?

Ps. I'm a beginner so please be easy with the responses still learning how this works

Also I read that there are different variations of test, which would be the best to start out with ? And I also saw on the pct forum there's a list on how many days after you should wait to take your pct so basically the pct is right after. So a pct would be just nolva or Clomid ? Or do you add anything else to that

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Brooo, come on keep busting your a** and don't run gear until 25 years old at least!!

It sucks I get it but your doing great as it is! Keep it up natty

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Research View Post
    Hey guys still pretty new here so I'm hoping to learn a lot from you older bbers cause I don't really have any older figures in person to get advice from. (I've read most of the "important things to read threads" like beginner cycles etc etc but wanted to form my own question so I could get some feedback from you guys)

I've heard a test only cycle is pretty safe and was wondering if 500 mg as the dosage per week would be acceptable for a first cycle ? I was also wondering if for a pct Clomid or nolvedex , which would be better.

Also I wanted to know with a pct of such, do you start it when your done with the test or half way through and also how many weeks should you run the test for?

How would the gains be on such a cycle?

Ps. I'm a beginner so please be easy with the responses still learning how this works
    I would never start out as a AAS virgin with 500mg of anything. When I started my first cycle (2002-ish) I was told to "Pyramid" the dosages which meant I would start out pinning 250mg per week for 3 weeks to see the effects on my body, then if all was well I would then move up to 500mg per week and complete 3 weeks there and back down to 250mg per week for the remaining 3 weeks.

Starting your first cycle can be very exciting but as your name implies, do more "Research" on the subject and also do not start AAS at a young age or you will end up on TRT like me and many other members of this forum. The idea of TRT may seem great to you now but when the reality of having to depend on medication to feel normal becomes a reality you will look back on your past and hate yourself for not listening to people with experience.

I will leave the rest up too you.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    18 years is like being already on cycle, as your natural testosterone is as high as it ever will.

Taking a cycle now will halt and shut down your natural testosterone and it will never come back as high, and can even not comeback at all.

Dont risk it and possively face a life of hormonal problems.

Don't worry guys I'm just asking questions cause I'm sure when I start test will be my first cycle and I am still waiting and researching. Btw that pyramid idea seems genius how come no one has ever mentioned that on the other threads

Thank you guys for the responses and encouragement

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    You asked for advice, and these gentleman have shared their experiences in your best interest. Be smart bro, listen to these dudes.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Research View Post
    Don't worry guys I'm just asking questions cause I'm sure when I start test will be my first cycle and I am still waiting and researching. Btw that pyramid idea seems genius how come no one has ever mentioned that on the other threads
    because pyramiding is old school, you shut down at 250 mg like you do at 500 mg. So at 250mg you are shutting down with little reward. The end result/damage to your hpta is the same.
    i havent checked your profile- but if you are 18 as mentioned below, i reccomend not doing steroids .
    trt is a life long thing- and very real- every cycle in essense returns you to a natural level less than when you started.
    eat food, focus on diet and train correctly with plenty of rest/recovery time- you will be surprised how much you can gain if you dont overtrain and eat correctly. at 18 i doubt you have any of those key elements sorted out yet.
    Last edited by Simon1972; 02-04-2016 at 04:22 AM.
    krugerr likes this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    because pyramiding is old school, you shut down at 250 mg like you do at 500 mg. So at 250mg you are shutting down with little reward. The end result/damage to your hpta is the same.
    This. There is no logic to ramping up and down. Once exogenous testosterone is in your system, you're shut down. Thats that. Tapering off doesnt kick start your natural production again. Only a solid PCT would.

As advised. Stay away from gear, focus on training and diet. By all means though, stay here and learn, be an expert by the time you cycle so you have the best possible advantage for doing it properly.

I'm 21 but I joined the forum when I was 19. I've been patiently waiting till I'm 25 because everyone on this forum has recommended that. I'm not like my peers that just wanna get big for a short period of time and then get on trt. I've achieve 205 weight at 5'11 natural so I am just trying research as much as I can while I am waiting for the time to pass and my body to grow. I appreciate all you guys looking out for us younger bbers

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good boy

Thread Information