Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RangerDanger830

Thread: Teens and Steroids Questions

Active1293 is offline New Member

Exclamation Teens and Steroids Questions

I've been reading around and everyone says teens using steroids is a bad thing because trt. Is it abuse or just normal dosing that can cause trt? If all these famous bodybuilders did it why can't teens? Is it because they don't open up about their personal teen years? Do they have low T? (When they were a teen) I just don't get why everyone shames using steroids but teens can do coke smoke drink and they don't shame that as much as steroids?

Xphanial is offline Junior Member
    Where to start ?

If you want to f"ck up your Endocrine system and growth both physically and mentally, doing it in your teens is a great idea O.o

2nd
    People do shame on teens ( not just teens but meh) for doing party drugs, smoking and drinking stupidly, however you won't see much of it here due the fact this is a "Health and Fitness" forum........ If your doing shit like that your not serious enough and have no business touching AAS like the rest of the "Bros" down at your local gym.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well brother you are right, there are teens out there who have done steroids , cocaine, and any other number of terrible substances that you can put into your body. However, think about this....how many of them are going to advertise that their poor decisions caused permanent damage to their bodies? This is especially true for low testosterone issues.

I am sure there are plenty of famous people who abused AAS in an irresponsible way and probably even too early on in life. However, there are always exceptions in every circumstance. If you take every famous person who used AAS as a teen and was okay I doubt they wouldn't even compare to the number that you don't hear about of people who are on TRT earlier in life than expected.

You also have to take into account that these people you idolize have a hard enough time being honest about using AAS in the first place, much less admitting if they really did screw themselves up.

And like X said, people do shame all of those bad habits fairly equally, I have never heard of someone recommending smoking, drinking, of cocaine over AAS or vice versa. Then again, not everyone you talk to has common sense.

You seem to be operating under the logic that because other people do it then why can't I? That is completely wrong and nothing I can say to you can teach someone why that is wrong.

You also need to be more clear about your use of abuse doses and normal doses. Unless you are prescribed HRT from a physician then it is all considered abuse. That is not to say some methods of abuse aren't safer than others. Some of us on this board may not refer to what we do as abuse but a court of law will not distinguish so do not get hung up on that. But to answer your question, any dose of AAS you put into your body as a teen is going to cause a shutdown, and however partial or complete, will still increase your risk for side effects.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Active1293
    I've been reading around and everyone says teens using steroids is a bad thing because trt. Is it abuse or just normal dosing that can cause trt? If all these famous bodybuilders did it why can't teens? Is it because they don't open up about their personal teen years? Do they have low T? (When they were a teen) I just don't get why everyone shames using steroids but teens can do coke smoke drink and they don't shame that as much as steroids?
    You will most likely never look like a pro bodybuilder. So it's not worth it.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Most bodybuilders stay on trt dose and dont come off, dont assume they just went crazy from their teen years and up to their 40s without reprecusions. Second, they dont tell us not to use AAS just because were young and stupid and dont know the right way. At our age there is no USE AND ABUSE argument. Its only abuse because there is an actual reason (science and health related) why teens shouldnt use AAS (with proper protocol or not).

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Quick story I knew a guy on the baseball team when we were 15 who did orals like dball and anadrol .. he was a beast back then really big and strong no doubt! I'm 34 now and ran across this same guy who never grew any taller and is like 5'6" and his whole family is 6' plus... I on the other hand waited till I was 29 to experiment with gear... Needless to say I dwarf this guy now at 6' 225lbs @12% bf Trust me when I say short term gains aren't worth halting your growth forever! If your trying to impress girls the best thing you can do is grow to your max potential height (most girls are attracted to taller guys) and wait till your 25-26 to experiment with gear... Your body will grow if you eat and train right! Please don't do anything you will regret in the future man... It's kinda like buying a new car.. its all good till you get tired of paying those high payments but in this case you won't grow any taller and you can't take it back once it's too late when you shut down your growth plates
    Last edited by dep30; 02-06-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Thread Information