Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RangerDanger830

Thread: The truth

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member

The truth

Steroids Are Safer Than Tylenol

What the media decided to tell us allowed the US government to perpetrate perhaps one of the greatest abuses of judicial power ever recorded. And the government took the hormones our own bodies produce, labeled them with a skull and crossbones, and made outlaws of those who possess, use, import, and sell them.

You may be thinking, steroids are illegal because they're dangerous! Really? Compared to what? Swallow a bottle of Tylenol and see what happens. Swallow a bottle of Vitamin C and see what happens. Drink three gallons of water in a single sitting and see what happens.

Inject an entire 10 cc bottle of testosterone and you know what'll happen? You might get a headache. MIGHT. Inject an entire bottle of testosterone every day for a week and you know what will happen? You'll probably add 15 pounds to your bench, your bad cholesterol might go up a little, and you'll probably hold a little water.

Continue this insane dosing for a month, and your bench might go up 50 pounds, your testes will stop producing endogenous testosterone and atrophy slightly, and you might get some acne on your shoulders and back. MIGHT. Stop taking testosterone and you know what happens? In time, everything goes back to normal – with or without a PCT (post-cycle therapy).

You can't say that after weeks of benders on full bottles of Tylenol and Vitamin C. The acetaminophen will probably have permanently damaged your liver or even killed you, and the vitamin C will have burned a hole in your stomach. But steroids are illegal and Tylenol and vitamin C can be purchased over the counter – masked as gummy bears no less!

Where I got this from:
    https://www.**************/opinion/s...gn=article4379

Any opinions?
    P.S. I have never used anabolics.

Steroids are bad for you.
    Sorry.... I know you are 18 and want any excuse to use but....

If you take a Tylenol everyday for the rest of your life and you will be fine.
    If you take Vitamin C for the rest of your life you will probably be healthier than if you didn't.
    If you stay on tren for the rest of your life I guarantee you that your life will be shortened.

Bad lipids and high blood pressure kill.
    That's the truth.

Just because it is easier to overdose on water than it is to overdose on test doesn't make test better for you than water.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is a pretty outrageous claim to state it mildly. I am going to debunk this in the hopes that no one will read this post and use it as justification to make a bad decision. OP, please listen and understand that there are a lot of factors in play here but I will break it down best I can.

First of all, your early statement that the government took our right away to utilize a hormone our body produces may be true. Sure, you can't take synthetic testosterone without a prescription, yet we produce it normally. You're right there. However, your logic is completely flawed. Whether something is synthesized naturally in our bodies or elsewhere has little to no relationship with how toxic it is. Most of the time toxicity is dose dependent and dependent on where in the body the chemical is put, for example stomach bile being placed in your cranium would be very bad, yet our bodies produce it. Would you down some formaldehyde? We produce it naturally as well among many other toxic chemicals, we just don't produce enough to harm ourselves typically.

Next you compare steroid overdose with Tylenol and many other drug overdoses. I just want to clarify that you are probably referring to anabolic steroids as there are many types of steroids out there. Hell, cholesterol is a modified steroid. So, let us mention briefly an overdose of Tylenol, which I have seen and treated many times personally. Many things will happen but a few include stomach pain from excessive cyclooxygenase inhibition and pH changes and since it is metabolized mainly in the liver that is going to cause some issues there as well. I would expect stomach pain, nausea, pain in your upper right quadrant as well, and quite a bit of vomiting and sweating. You're going to naturally have some pallor too.

Now there are two issues with your argument here, one being your comparing of let's say Testosterone overdose to Tylenol. Assuming you manage to overdose on Test proportionately there are still serious side effects you could encounter to include serious edema, heart complications, and vision and other neurological effects to include temporary blindness. That sounds just as dangerous as Tylenol if you ask me, I wouldn't want to overdose on either.

Then the second fallacy in that statement concerns the fact that your argument fails to address the side effects when taking into account the doses and time we typically use for each. An average weekly dose of Testosterone per week that we recommend is generally around 500mg/week. Tylenol a day if taken constantly in my state is 3,000-4,000mg, which is about 28,000mg a week, or 28g. Now, I would like for you to imagine a group of people taking 28g of Tylenol a week spread out evenly for any number of weeks. Keep in mind they are spreading their dose of Tylenol out evenly throughout the week. Then take a group of people who take 500mg of Test E/week, and they are not spreading their dose out evenly. They are taking it all at once, something you could not do with Tylenol because of why? Its safety compared to Test? Also keep in mind the doses I am comparing are on the high end of Tylenol's range and the lower end of Test's range, people safely take much more Test a week.

After any random number of weeks I want you to compare the side effects after going cold turkey. This leads me to your next fallacy, the fact that you aren't taking time into account. Regardless, after you stop taking Testosterone you are going to have a long-term shut down of your HPTA, you won't see that with Tylenol. What are the long-term effects of HPTA shutdown? Well, you can google that one. You also run the risk of it being hindered indefinitely.

Going in chronological order of your initial post I now want to tell you that a possible headache is sure as hell not the only side effect you will see from injecting 10ml of Testosterone. Never mind the fact that you didn't even list a drug concentration in that 10ml.

Tylenol does not "burn a hole in your stomach." Tylenol inhibits the action of cyclooxygenase. This molecule acts in the inflammatory process. However, another version of the COX enzyme provides protection for the digestive tract. Tylenol simply keeps COX from protecting your GI tract as much, and it isn't the only mechanism for protection at that. It does not burn a hole in anything.

I am not entirely sure you wrote this yourself OP, or if you got it from the link that appears to be broken. However, I will say that whoever wrote this has little to no grasp of the concepts they are discussing. The moment I saw the word opinion in the reference link I would have approached with caution.

This is coming from someone who does have a grasp of these concepts, extensive education on the subject, and experience with both compounds so please disregard this terrible opinion. Also, keep in mind that a lot of these statements are situational and both the original and my comparison are vague at best.
    Red Bastard and Mr.BB like this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    This is a pretty outrageous claim to state it mildly. I am going to debunk this in the hopes that no one will read this post and use it as justification to make a bad decision. OP, please listen and understand that there are a lot of factors in play here but I will break it down best I can.

First of all, your early statement that the government took our right away to utilize a hormone our body produces may be true. Sure, you can't take synthetic testosterone without a prescription, yet we produce it normally. You're right there. However, your logic is completely flawed. Whether something is synthesized naturally in our bodies or elsewhere has little to no relationship with how toxic it is. Most of the time toxicity is dose dependent and dependent on where in the body the chemical is put, for example stomach bile being placed in your cranium would be very bad, yet our bodies produce it. Would you down some formaldehyde? We produce it naturally as well among many other toxic chemicals, we just don't produce enough to harm ourselves typically.

Next you compare steroid overdose with Tylenol and many other drug overdoses. I just want to clarify that you are probably referring to anabolic steroids as there are many types of steroids out there. Hell, cholesterol is a modified steroid. So, let us mention briefly an overdose of Tylenol, which I have seen and treated many times personally. Many things will happen but a few include stomach pain from excessive cyclooxygenase inhibition and pH changes and since it is metabolized mainly in the liver that is going to cause some issues there as well. I would expect stomach pain, nausea, pain in your upper right quadrant as well, and quite a bit of vomiting and sweating. You're going to naturally have some pallor too.

Now there are two issues with your argument here, one being your comparing of let's say Testosterone overdose to Tylenol. Assuming you manage to overdose on Test proportionately there are still serious side effects you could encounter to include serious edema, heart complications, and vision and other neurological effects to include temporary blindness. That sounds just as dangerous as Tylenol if you ask me, I wouldn't want to overdose on either.

Then the second fallacy in that statement concerns the fact that your argument fails to address the side effects when taking into account the doses and time we typically use for each. An average weekly dose of Testosterone per week that we recommend is generally around 500mg/week. Tylenol a day if taken constantly in my state is 3,000-4,000mg, which is about 28,000mg a week, or 28g. Now, I would like for you to imagine a group of people taking 28g of Tylenol a week spread out evenly for any number of weeks. Keep in mind they are spreading their dose of Tylenol out evenly throughout the week. Then take a group of people who take 500mg of Test E/week, and they are not spreading their dose out evenly. They are taking it all at once, something you could not do with Tylenol because of why? Its safety compared to Test? Also keep in mind the doses I am comparing are on the high end of Tylenol's range and the lower end of Test's range, people safely take much more Test a week.

After any random number of weeks I want you to compare the side effects after going cold turkey. This leads me to your next fallacy, the fact that you aren't taking time into account. Regardless, after you stop taking Testosterone you are going to have a long-term shut down of your HPTA, you won't see that with Tylenol. What are the long-term effects of HPTA shutdown? Well, you can google that one. You also run the risk of it being hindered indefinitely.

Going in chronological order of your initial post I now want to tell you that a possible headache is sure as hell not the only side effect you will see from injecting 10ml of Testosterone. Never mind the fact that you didn't even list a drug concentration in that 10ml.

Tylenol does not "burn a hole in your stomach." Tylenol inhibits the action of cyclooxygenase. This molecule acts in the inflammatory process. However, another version of the COX enzyme provides protection for the digestive tract. Tylenol simply keeps COX from protecting your GI tract as much, and it isn't the only mechanism for protection at that. It does not burn a hole in anything.

I am not entirely sure you wrote this yourself OP, or if you got it from the link that appears to be broken. However, I will say that whoever wrote this has little to no grasp of the concepts they are discussing. The moment I saw the word opinion in the reference link I would have approached with caution.

This is coming from someone who does have a grasp of these concepts, extensive education on the subject, and experience with both compounds so please disregard this terrible opinion. Also, keep in mind that a lot of these statements are situational and both the original and my comparison are vague at best.
    Little long but good job.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Great in depth responses above! "Safe" regarding steroids is a relative term. While steroids (and I'm using this term to generally mean typical anabolic compounds) don't carry the immediate overdose risk of many other drugs, that doesn't carry over to mean they are harmless. As stated above, there can be many side effects of steroid use and those effects certainly get worse with larger doses. They are not drugs that should be taken lightly and people can cause long term damage if they don't know what they are doing. However, from a legal standpoint I don't think they should be anywhere near the same level as narcotics. Steroids aren't "safe", but selling someone a bottle of test should not be on par with selling crack or heroin. From that standpoint, I think our government has got it wrong.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great response above. I have a trigger when people say steroids are safe or that they didn't have any sides. You must respect them and their consequences.

Thread Information