Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xv1d

Thread: getting back in the gym

bigkill64 is offline New Member

getting back in the gym

I've been out of the gym for a little over a yr now. I have taken a few cycles in the past, im still very new. Im 31 6'4" and currently weight 305. I do wear my weight well but my first question is. Should i be in the gym for awhile before starting my gear or just start right away?? Prob a stupid question but id like to get the most out of my gear. Thanks for the info in advance.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkill64
    I've been out of the gym for a little over a yr now. I have taken a few cycles in the past, im still very new. Im 31 6'4" and currently weight 305. I do wear my weight well but my first question is. Should i be in the gym for awhile before starting my gear or just start right away?? Prob a stupid question but id like to get the most out of my gear. Thanks for the info in advance.
    yes you need to get some lifting experience in as well, as get your nutrition dialed in? What is your current bf %

I do have experience lifting. I was in the gym a whole lot for my 6 yrs in the army. Its just been in the last 18 months or so that i have not gone in, so i am out of shape. My last cycle was around 18 months ago and my first was in 2010. I was more into bodybuilding until about 2012 and that is when i got more interested in weightlifting. I do need to chage my nutrition. But i know what to eat and ill do that when i start back at the gym, which i havent done yet. I dont know my bf % right now. Just was wondering if its best to start a cycle the first week BACK in the gym or is it best to wait 1 to 3 months?

I do have experience lifting. I was in the gym a whole lot for my 6 yrs in the army. Its just been in the last 18 months or so that i have not gone in, so i am out of shape. My last cycle was around 18 months ago and my first was in 2010. I was more into bodybuilding until about 2012 and that is when i got more interested in weightlifting. I do need to chage my nutrition. But i know what to eat and ill do that when i start back at the gym, which i havent done yet. I dont know my bf % right now. Just was wondering if its best to start a cycle the first week BACK in the gym or is it best to wait 1 to 3 months?
    I think you should wait. Get back in the swing of things and make sure your bf isn't high before you start

Right on thank you

??? What should my bf be around before i start? Im going to get it checked soon so i know where im at.

??? What should my bf be around before i start? Im going to get it checked soon so i know where im at.
    if it's 15 or lower there will be less chance of estrogen sides. Shoot for that 15 or below

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkill64 View Post
    I suggest getting diet and training in order for at least 3-4 months before jumping on any cycles.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    I'm not going to recommend any timeframe for you bigkill64. However if I was getting my feet wet again after a long break I would be interested in gauging my body's current capabilities.

- Which exercises are working for me, and which are not
    - Where am I struggling to make progress
    - How much workload can i take in a week before my energy takes a downward spiral?
    - Which exercises could do with some form drilling
    - What mobility drills should I incorporate
    - How many calories do I require to maintain my current weight
    - What are my goals based on my observations on points above

The above is just an example, but this is to me, invalueable information to prevent fatigue, injury, improper form, loss of motivation, lack of progress and so on.
    So instead of thinking that you're "waiting out" 3-4 months, think of it as getting to know your limitations and goals before you use AAS as a tool to reach them in a safe manner.
    TheTaxMan likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    ^great post

Something i wish i had of done instead of just jumping back on the gear after a 2 year break

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Yea. I only gave myself 3 months in the gym after a about a 10 month layoff, before I jumped on the juice. Although my BF was in range to cycle I wasn't ready nutrition wise, and I wasn't ready mentally. You need to be focused on gear man. Very focused.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Yea. I only gave myself 3 months in the gym after a about a 10 month layoff, before I jumped on the juice. Although my BF was in range to cycle I wasn't ready nutrition wise, and I wasn't ready mentally. You need to be focused on gear man. Very focused.
    I had 2 years off, trained for 3 or 4 weeks then jumped on test and tren ! =| and at 25% bodyfat!

I had already started before re joining this forum though, one regret i do have is not getting my diet and training fully focussed, could have got more gains from the cycle had this been done but oh well thats in the past now, tough sh1t

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Stating the same thing in a different way.....AAS does not make you bigger, diet and nutrition do. Aas helps you to maximize your potential. You also need to have a lifestyle change to keep the results.
    Your bp will also increase on AAS so you need to be careful. I do not know how some do it. Off AAS i am at about 113/65 on AaS i am about 138/82.

Thread Information