Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By TheTaxMan
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: 1st cycle..

ssmitty2015 is offline New Member

1st cycle..

Hey guys, I am about 20 years old now, I have been lifting for 7 years, I am not looking into injections, but I am 5'8 172 and I am about 13% bf, I need to drop down to about 8% and quick. I am looking into clen and something else, I am just not sure what will give me the shredded look, while maintaining muscle... thanks.

kallmenelly is offline Associate Member
    It's simple your diet. Don't take clen it's bad on your heart trust me I have took alot of it plus there is no proof that it burns fat on humans only on horses. Are we a horse?... If anything do alot more cardio, reduce your carb intake and up your protein. This will work effectively. That's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by kallmenelly; 03-01-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kallmenelly View Post
    It's simple your diet. Don't take clen it's bad on your heart trust me I have took alot of it plus there is no proof that it burns fat on humans only on horses. Are we a horse?... If anything do alot more cardio, reduce your carb intake and up your protein. This will work effectively. That's just my 2 cents.
    Im doing Anabolic fasting, I have seen good results, I just need a great supp to get me shredded because of the time frame i am in, if you know something else better for the body then go ahead

kallmenelly is offline Associate Member
    Try the clen man but make sure if you don't take breaks have some taurine and some Benadryl. You don't want muscle cramps man they really suck.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is no magic pill. Your diet and hard work will show u the best and fastest results.

I have talked to u in your other thread and hope u rethink taking any supplements at this time

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    There is no magic pill. Your diet and hard work will show u the best and fastest results.

I have talked to u in your other thread and hope u rethink taking any supplements at this time
    You still dont understand my points, Im not doing this to "cheat" anything. I work my ass off every single day for 2 hours in the weightroom, 7 days a week. I have been working out for 7 years, I have read so much and been goign through so much info. I am on a solid diet and I follow the diet, I am seeing good results I want, but I need results for my time frame much quicker. If you guys know another site I can go to for better stuff then im all for it, I am just here for info.

I understand 100%. The problem is that u don't understand. When it comes down to it. It's your work outs and diet that will get u in the shape u want! Not clen . Not aas. Not any of it.

At your age u shouldn't do any supplements like this. The risk is way to far for your age!

This is a marathon not a sprint race. The longer it takes the easier it is to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmitty2015 View Post
    You still dont understand my points, Im not doing this to "cheat" anything. I work my ass off every single day for 2 hours in the weightroom, 7 days a week. I have been working out for 7 years, I have read so much and been goign through so much info. I am on a solid diet and I follow the diet, I am seeing good results I want, but I need results for my time frame much quicker. If you guys know another site I can go to for better stuff then im all for it, I am just here for info.
    To add, if your training 7 days a week. That means your not training hard enough! You would hurt your self or just be to exhausted if u trained right! I promise and I would think everyone here will back me on that. (U also NEED rest days). I have no idea what anabolic fasting is. I now what fasting is but not anabolic fasting.

What is your tdee? What's your split like? What's your intake for the past couple days? Let us help u in the ways that WILL get u to your goals!

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmitty2015
    Im doing Anabolic fasting, I have seen good results, I just need a great supp to get me shredded because of the time frame i am in, if you know something else better for the body then go ahead
    I agree with 73. This site will give advice on how to do things safely. 13 to 8 is a major difference. Dial in your macros and do cardio 45 minutes in the morning and at night. You want to be using fat and not carbs for energy. I know it is not the answer that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    To add, if your training 7 days a week. That means your not training hard enough! You would hurt your self or just be to exhausted if u trained right! I promise and I would think everyone here will back me on that. (U also NEED rest days). I have no idea what anabolic fasting is. I now what fasting is but not anabolic fasting.

What is your tdee? What's your split like? What's your intake for the past couple days? Let us help u in the ways that WILL get u to your goals!
    If you dont think I am training hard enough, that is a lie. Jan 3, failed 375 squat weighing 178. Yesterday, squatted 425 successfully weighing 172. I am training extremely hard, days are lighter than others but they are still training days.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What are your macro's for your current diet?

How do you split the 2 hours you spend in the weight room each day? How much cardio?

What time frame are we talking?

What is the reason for an 8% goal?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Theres no way i could train for 7 days straight, it would be counter producive if anything, you need to rest man

To drop from 13% to 8%, i agree it has to be your diet that needs perfected to get to 8%, clen wont do this, clen in my opinion would only benefit people below 10% and comp prep etc.

Can you post a pic? A lot of people including myself guess their bodyfat and it is way out, even using calipers is in accurate.

Posting a pic could help us all see with what we are dealing with and therefore can help with the advice we choose to give you giving your current condition.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Why you need a shredded look??

Cant understand why somebody wants a shredded look at 150lbs, it looks horrible lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Cant understand why somebody wants a shredded look at 150lbs, it looks horrible lol
    Im not weighing 150 pounds, I am weighing 173, and I am competing in mens phsyique

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post

How do you split the 2 hours you spend in the weight room each day? How much cardio?

Im bad at tracking macros, but here it is

Anabolic Fasting: M-Thurs
    eating 1-9pm window

Meals consist of 7oz of meat, usually chicken, then mixed veggies and about a cup of almonds, while drinking water.

Fridays I have a cheat meal, but I am thinking of cutting it out to get where I want to be. Then sat and sun I am back on the plan.

The reason for this goal is to get the dream body I want and competing in mens physique here soon. The time frame is mid april but i have a thing end of march that I wanted to get down for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Plus I am going in a 165 class down from my weight right now at 175, idk where you got 150 from

And cardio, I do HIIT for about 10 minutes, I will run a mile and I will lunge for about 12 minutes.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Im bad at tracking macros, but here it is

Anabolic Fasting: M-Thurs
    eating 1-9pm window

Meals consist of 7oz of meat, usually chicken, then mixed veggies and about a cup of almonds, while drinking water.

Fridays I have a cheat meal, but I am thinking of cutting it out to get where I want to be. Then sat and sun I am back on the plan.

The reason for this goal is to get the dream body I want and competing in mens physique here soon. The time frame is mid april but i have a thing end of march that I wanted to get down for.
    If you don't know what you eat how can you adjust it to make the necessary fat loss?

Put off competing til later in the year or next year even and do it the safe way after you have learned your body and how to eat for your results. I don't get the fasting thing, why would you want to starve your body of nutrients? I get it for sedentary people but for athletes?!?!

Plus I am going in a 165 class down from my weight right now at 175, idk where you got 150 from

I don't really want to speak for my learned friend Mr BB but my take is....

Let's say you lose 10lbs of fat fast to reach your goal, I but you will lose at least 5lbs of LBM by starving yourself, maybe more as you don't really know how to diet and will like try to lose more weight. I reckon you would lose 15-20lbs to get to your goal. That would mean you would be 152-157lbs at your desired bodyfat %.

Can you post a pic to see what we are dealing with?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

If you don't know what you eat how can you adjust it to make the necessary fat loss?

Put off competing til later in the year or next year even and do it the safe way after you have learned your body and how to eat for your results. I don't get the fasting thing, why would you want to starve your body of nutrients? I get it for sedentary people but for athletes?!?!

I don't really want to speak for my learned friend Mr BB but my take is....

Let's say you lose 10lbs of fat fast to reach your goal, I but you will lose at least 5lbs of LBM by starving yourself, maybe more as you don't really know how to diet and will like try to lose more weight. I reckon you would lose 15-20lbs to get to your goal. That would mean you would be 152-157lbs at your desired bodyfat %.

Can you post a pic to see what we are dealing with?
    At the moment I dont, I can get one later.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why are you posting again? Your diet is horrible as I have already told you.

You need to figure out what you are eating exactly and adjust from there. "Anabolic fasting from 1-9pm" this makes no sense. The only fasting you should be doing is sleeping.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not weighing 150 pounds, I am weighing 173, and I am competing in mens phsyique
    You will be when you get to 8%.

"Anabolic fasting" thats a good one hehehejeje

SuperNova93 is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, I am about 20 years old now, I have been lifting for 7 years, I am not looking into injections, but I am 5'8 172 and I am about 13% bf, I need to drop down to about 8% and quick. I am looking into clen and something else, I am just not sure what will give me the shredded look, while maintaining muscle... thanks.

you may have played in the gym for 7 years, but you haven't been dedicated to diet and training for those 7 years. MAYBE 1 year. Otherwise you would weigh more than 172. Not to mention you don't even know what your macros are? Personally, Nutrition is the number 1 thing you want to have down if you are even thinking about competing.

Get your nutrition in check. Watch your macros, keep training. You also just graduated from being a teenager my friend. No need to rush Anabolics.

If you're trying to cut, search "thermogenic effect of food". It will tell you which foods raise your metabolism the most. Eat hot spices, use the sauna. Keep up your hit cardio.
    Pretty much just follow what everyone has told you so far.

Good luck mate

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNova93 View Post
    you may have played in the gym for 7 years, but you haven't been dedicated to diet and training for those 7 years. MAYBE 1 year. Otherwise you would weigh more than 172. Not to mention you don't even know what your macros are? Personally, Nutrition is the number 1 thing you want to have down if you are even thinking about competing.

Get your nutrition in check. Watch your macros, keep training. You also just graduated from being a teenager my friend. No need to rush Anabolics.

If you're trying to cut, search "thermogenic effect of food". It will tell you which foods raise your metabolism the most. Eat hot spices, use the sauna. Keep up your hit cardio.
    Pretty much just follow what everyone has told you so far.

Good luck mate
    Thank you, you arent an asshole like the others, you actually give good advice. So thank you, and I do eat spices but sauna isnt accessible to me at the moment.

Thank you, you arent an asshole like the others, you actually give good advice. So thank you, and I do eat spices but sauna isnt accessible to me at the moment.
    I would edit post. No bad words in forum.

Also I'm pritty sure he gave u the same advice as everyone else. This will be my last comment for this thread and I wish u the best of luck with your future bodybiulding.
    SuperNova93 likes this.

SuperNova93 is offline Junior Member
    No need to be rude mate. These gents are here to help you. They are all several years more experienced than you or I and I look to them for knowledge every single day. It would be wise of you to do the same.

Cheers mate.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    No more advice from this asshole either

Good luck
    SuperNova93 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have had advice from some extremely knowledgeable people. My take is that you didn't get the answer that you wanted to hear. If you are serious about competing, their advice is spot on.
    I usually just let things like this go, but i used to be very much like you on eating. I thought if you wanted to lose weight, you just cut out calories. Your body is much more complicated. The first aspect of your diet is metabolism. Your diet posted will slow down your metabolism based on frequency of eating. You should eat every 2-3 hours all day and not only a window.
    Your macros (protein/carbs/fat) play an important role. You can be ntake the same calories with different results based on the macros.
    I am no where near the level of the people that have already given advice, i am just trying to say what they said differently.
    Head their advice and you have a chance of winning. With all due respect, it boils down to what is more important...... Your ego or winning.
    SuperNova93 likes this.

Thread Information