BarryPhysique is offline New Member

2 weeks in, weight starting to go up on deficit but bodyfat slowly coming down.

Hi Guys,

I'm prepping for a physique comp in May, I gave myself 16 weeks to slowly come down. Weeks 1-5 natural went from 80kg to 76.6kg
    weeks 6-8 (exactly the same diet) started Test P - 1.25 EOD and weight continued to go down the first week, got to 76.1kg but then this last week its slowly been going up so I'm now at 77kg. I don't feel like i'm gaining body-fat, I feel like i'm continuing to get leaner but maybe at a slightly slower pace as in weeks 1-5 natural.

Do you think is possible to gain muscle on test only in a calorie deficit and only 2 weeks in?

This is my second cycle, my first cycle was only 300 of Test P a week during a mass gain phase and I can honestly say I didn't feel like I gained any additional mass. So this essentially is my first cycle where I am seeing change in my body and like I said i'm on 2 weeks in.

thoughts?

Stats:
    5'8
    Current weight 77kg
    BF around 10-12% abs visible but not popping yet.
    Training experience 8-10 years
    Diet; super clean and very basic calorie deficit with moderate and low carbs, high carb day as and when I feel needed.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Probably water weight, if your haopy the way you look, ignore the scales.

Are you running an AI?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Probably water weight, if your haopy the way you look, ignore the scales.

Are you running an AI?
    Yeah mate, 0.25mg Arimidex EOD
    It's just hard to judge progress, usually I know I'm on schedule by weight and look. I have targets each week I aim for but now my weight isn't moving but I'm possibly still getting leaner.
    Just don't want to miss time how much I have to drop and not come in lean enough come game day.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Well you said you were losing bodyfat and appearing leaner?

So there isnt a problem? The weight will be either water weight and/or some muscle growth.

The scales will probably go down when you finish

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Well you said you were losing bodyfat and appearing leaner?

So there isnt a problem? The weight will be either water weight and/or some muscle growth.

The scales will probably go down when you finish
    I'm just worrying a bit and needed a bit of reassurance.

yeah I think I'm a little leaner this week, definitely more vascular. Fingers crossed I continue to drop body fat even if the scales don't move.

Thanks for your help

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Shortly your water weight will level out as your test levels are probably levelling out now.

If you are 10% already then 8 more weeks to drop 4kg or so is more than doable.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Shortly your water weight will level out as your test levels are probably levelling out now.

Cheers, I'd say I'm more 5-6kg off target weight but I could be wrong. I've never been this lean at 77kg so surely that's a good sign. ��

Woke up 76.2kg this morning and tighter round the abs. Hopefully this is it moving again

Weight creeping back up again, up to 77.3kg this morning but fat loss is definitely not continuing. Wonder if it's still water weight, feel bloated after each meal.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Might be your diet. Any processed foods? Salt content?

Is your AI pharma? Might be underdosed or bunk if not?

You should start a log with pics in the members section, physique is starting be a big deal and it might help some people in the future.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Might be your diet. Any processed foods? Salt content?

Is your AI pharma? Might be underdosed or bunk if not?

You should start a log with pics in the members section, physique is starting be a big deal and it might help some people in the future.
    My diet it bang on, all meats are from the butcher, chicken, egg whites, lean steak mince, carbs from oats, basmati and sweet potato, fats from mainly avocado on low carb days, the rest is from the meats which is minimal.

AI is pharma grade yes.

As my weight is going up, I do feel like I'm getting fuller, I just don't feel like I'm getting leaner.
    I take weekly pics and every week Ive been looking slightly leaner up until this last two weeks.
    I tried lowering my cals for a few days but my weight continued to creep up.

I do feel like my physique is starting to take shape but I just need that fat to continue to drop to bring out all the detail.
    Last edited by BarryPhysique; 03-08-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Thread Information