SlammiN is offline Junior Member

Issues with staying on low dose HCG both on and off steroid cycles?

Question that I have been reading into but cant find definitive answer.

Low dose HCG ...

I know that high doses of HCG (5000iu +) can desensitize the leydig cells and that is why we must keep to cycling and keep the dose lower than that if possible, but, what if you were to say stay on a low dose, say less than 500iu a couple of times a week.

What would be the harm in staying on and off cycle, I mean this would keep the balls full throughout, and possibly lower the risks of becoming perma-shutdown?

Any thoughts and your own experiences with this would be greatly appreciated - what's the longest you have cycled it for and also how much were you on

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    The harm would be that you are going to continue to suppress lh function

So it could be worth staying on cycle, as your LH will be surpressed anyway, but then allow it to come back when off cycle?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You can/should stay on hcg while on testosterone either cycle or TRT.
    But if you are off theres no place for HCG.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    So what's up with the new HCG diet craze? I have no idea what the dosage or protocols are, but I highly doubt it's being supplemented with test.

I see "HCG Diet" advertised at a lot of clinics these days for weight loss. Curious if it's just another take on that Bernstein crap.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    So what's up with the new HCG diet craze? I have no idea what the dosage or protocols are, but I highly doubt it's being supplemented with test.

I see "HCG Diet" advertised at a lot of clinics these days for weight loss. Curious if it's just another take on that Bernstein crap.
    The HCG is a gimmick. It's a 509cal per day starvation diet. People love a gimmick.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post

Its a scam. They lose weight cause of 500cals day diet, they probably dont even sell real hcg.. But taking intra nasal would not be absorved anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You can/should stay on hcg while on testosterone either cycle or TRT.
    But if you are off theres no place for HCG.
    Thanks, this is in contrast to a lot of peoples PCT advise, but I see your point. When you are off cycle you want to be getting your LH levels back to normal, so I guess that is where the Tamoxifen and Clomid comes in. I normally do all 3, but maybe I will run HCG right through the cycle and come off a week or two into PCT.

How long can you run HCG safely in your cycle, and what dosages would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by SlammiN
    Thanks, this is in contrast to a lot of peoples PCT advise, but I see your point. When you are off cycle you want to be getting your LH levels back to normal, so I guess that is where the Tamoxifen and Clomid comes in. I normally do all 3, but maybe I will run HCG right through the cycle and come off a week or two into PCT. How long can you run HCG safely in your cycle, and what dosages would you recommend?
    I would drop the hcg 3 days prior to starting pct

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I would drop the hcg 3 days prior to starting pct
    And what dosages would you run while on the HCG and frequency?

Last course I started the HCG 5 days after my last injection. I did Pregnyl 1500iu IM in quads every 2 days for first two weeks, then every 4 after that for a few weeks. My balls had shrunk tiny previous to this and that is what I would like to avoid this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlammiN
    And what dosages would you run while on the HCG and frequency? Last course I started the HCG 5 days after my last injection. I did Pregnyl 1500iu IM in quads every 2 days for first two weeks, then every 4 after that for a few weeks. My balls had shrunk tiny previous to this and that is what I would like to avoid this time.
    I would run it from the start of the cycle at 250 iu 2 X ew

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I would run it from the start of the cycle at 250 iu 2 X ew
    I'm currently doing 500iu SubQ x 2 per week, as I can feel a slight shrinkage already (I am very prone to it!)

What are your thoughts on IM vs SubQ??

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    Did you read this? HCG: Why you should use it on-cycle only & how to prepare your hCG for injections

Great information on HCG .

Quote Originally Posted by Xv1d View Post
    Wow brilliant thanks for that, that actually gave me a much better insight into how HCG affects LH. I hadn't seen the thread before.

Ok so I went straight on HCG after my last cycle, I continued it straight through the PCT period and I am still on it now in my next cycle.

Therefore I have suppressed my real LH for months but at least I have stimulated the leydig cells, albeit mimicked as in the article.

My question is what damage have I done by not allowing my LH to come back during this last PCT? Will that have done any damage? I don't think I've done this much HCG in the past (access wasn't as easy!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlammiN View Post
    Ok so I went straight on HCG after my last cycle, I continued it straight through the PCT period and I am still on it now in my next cycle.

Therefore I have suppressed my real LH for months but at least I have stimulated the leydig cells, albeit mimicked as in the article.

My question is what damage have I done by not allowing my LH to come back during this last PCT? Will that have done any damage? I don't think I've done this much HCG in the past (access wasn't as easy!)
    You are not supposed to enter in a new cycle right after you finish last ones PCT, if do this there is serious chances of damage. General rule you are supposed to wait equal time as cycle time plus PCT, for example, for a 12 weeks plus 4 pct you should wait 16 weeks from PCT end to start a new one.

So, it seems you never done bloodwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You are not supposed to enter in a new cycle right after you finish last ones PCT, if do this there is serious chances of damage. General rule you are supposed to wait equal time as cycle time plus PCT, for example, for a 12 weeks plus 4 pct you should wait 16 weeks from PCT end to start a new one.

So, it seems you never done bloodwork?
    Never had bloodwork, wouldn't even know where to start with that kind of thing.

OK well I guess the damage is done now, as I started the HCG throughout PCT and still on it, so I can't exactly do much. Should I give up on this cycle? Or try my best at a proper PCT and rest once I've done it?

I have done this type of thing in the past (not had enough rest between cycles) and it did take me a long time to recover fully to be honest, took a long break.

Nobody can make those decisions for you, educate yourself and think of what is best for your situation.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    Mr.BB is right. You're going to have to make the decisions. Whatever you decide, be sure to get off HCG in the end and have your blood work done 6 weeks after your PCT.

Thread Information