Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Training Around PIP

So yea, first test and deca and I can't do quads for like 3 days.

So how are you supposed to train all the groups twice a week, if at least two muscles groups somewhere are getting pinned each week?

Push through that shit?

Try the "z-track" method, effective?

Plan your workouts in greater than 7 day increments?

Just seeing what has worked for you guys.

Still such a newb.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    z track has nothing to do with the PIP. PIP is either virgin muscle or gear. Sounds like your gear is to high a concentration. What mg/mL is it? Maybe cut it with some injectable B12.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I like to work the muscle I pin - hut it's prop lil different imo but, (especially if a virgin muscle - it'll adapt quickly) You can also try cutting w/LB stated, or GSO!

Well they are def virgin muscles. Sounds like maybe it's less of an issue as the cycle and workouts move into later weeks.

Gear is 250/ml test and 200/ml deca . 1 ml each. Definitely not a heavy cycle, and I didn't think concentration was an issue until the 300/ml range?

I've read that working the pinned muscle can cause some damage....

Nope should not be concentration. What gauge pin? How long? How long does it take you to much inject???

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could be your pinning technique as well....a shaky hand will make that site hurt like hell the next day.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Could be your pinning technique as well....a shaky hand will make that site hurt like hell the next day.
    Very true... W/time you'll get the technique down... Still if for some reason I moved my hand during a larger dose, as Buster stated it'll hurt like a b!tch sometimes!

Steady hands, 1ml per 60s is pretty standard...

What kinda damage?? I've never had problems doing so....

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Could just be high BA content in your gear. Also injecting too fast doesn't help. Try warming your gear to body temp as the oils viscosity is thinner and easier dispersed. Train that muscle group directly after pinning in order to not let the PIP set in. use heat to increase circulation, cold to slow swelling. NSAID's help me. 25G needle usually helps. Also the right muscle for the right amount of gear. I wouldn't push more than 1.5cc's of gear into your delts, bi's, tri's unless you're pretty massive. Save those doses for the bigger muscle groups.

Just a few suggestions

So I did inject fast, probably 20 to 30 seconds per ML. I'll try slowing down, and also I'll see about heating the oils up.

Hand was pretty steady I imagine. Definitely tried not to leg it wiggle.

I can't do nsaids because of a peptic ulcer (caused by nsaids). Long story. It's actually part of why I'm on cycle. Injury related, some bad advice from doc etc etc.

I used a 25 gauge, so it wasn't a large needle issue either.

I'll just heat it up and slow down next time, see if that helps, and wait for my virgin muscles to man up.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Currently on my first cycle as well, 150mg prop EOD. I have a 20 year vet helping me out who apparently doesn't remember the first time he used propionate , and its accompanying pain.

First shot in the quad SUCKED. I was nervous as hell, shaking like a dog sh*tting razorblades, and plunged it WAY too fast. Yanked it out, had a self high five, and built a treehouse. Paid for that one for a few days; felt like I was hit in the quad with a pointed sledgehammer. Welcome to AAS son.

Second shot was in the RH arse. Felt like I was giving myself a reacharound, but it was almost painless. Took 2 days to get over. Same deal though, too fast and too nervous.

#3 was left quad. Took my time, heated the vial beforehand, "lubed" the tip, went directly in at 90 degrees, no shaking, and counted to 30 every 1/2ml. Also left the needle in for 30 seconds when I was done to avoid pulling gear out when withdrawing. Massaged it, and had a blazing hot shower afterwards. This was BY FAR the best one to date. Tender for a day, but nothing major. Trained legs that day as well.

Last one was in the left arse cheek. No idea how you guys manage a LH backhand over the shoulder scissor position (felt like it anyway), because although it went ok I'm pretty sore today from (likely) jiggling around the syringe.

My advice: Do what I did in my left quad. Stretch after. Have a hot tub. Whatever it takes to get that oil moving into your muscles.

Gonna hit delts tomorrow, see how that goes.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If you ecperience PIP use a foam roller to disperse the oil if tender(it'll hurt that day but will feel much better(fine in my experience) when I had to do this! It's only happened a couple times - but very well worth the pain to roll it out that day!

And I too like to wil irk the muscle I pinned(with prop) as it helps your body adapt to the PIP and from my experience it's been a great way! We are different but if PIP is the problem I'd suggest massage after pin, then if you start to feel it start rolling(especially if it kicks in quickly) disperse that oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    So I did inject fast, probably 20 to 30 seconds per ML. I'll try slowing down, and also I'll see about heating the oils up.

Hand was pretty steady I imagine. Definitely tried not to leg it wiggle.

I can't do nsaids because of a peptic ulcer (caused by nsaids). Long story. It's actually part of why I'm on cycle. Injury related, some bad advice from doc etc etc.

I used a 25 gauge, so it wasn't a large needle issue either.

I'll just heat it up and slow down next time, see if that helps, and wait for my virgin muscles to man up.
    Yeah slow down, 1 minute per cc or slower.

boofhead187 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah slow down, 1 minute per cc or slower.
    Ahh now I know my problems, thanks.

Same for me , first cycle virgin muscle and I put 1cc in about 30 seconds.
    It's the 2nd day now and its still sore. I'll slow it down and should be sweet.

Thread Information