Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: advice

thall1 is offline Junior Member

advice

So I'm still in the planning/research stage. Working toward my first cycle. I have learned quite a bit this last week, but know I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm also in week one of a four week shoulder rehab. I have gone on long enough to long actually. I have been trying to fight through it (bad idea ) and stupid I know, but I guess I'm a little hard headed.

Once the four week rehab is over I hope I have enough information and guidance to start really preparing for cycle.
    In the four weeks I'm going to lower calorie intake since I won't be lifting. I will probably loose a little size which is why I think it will be perfect timing to start a cycle at the end of four weeks.
    Any advice or critiques on this plan will be greatly appreciated.

So far my cycle plan is to follow austinites guide to planning first successful cycle. It sounds legit to me, and I noticed alot of experienced members liked it. If anyone has some advice on me following that plan this will be greatly appreciated as well.

Any advice or replies would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking to make some friends on here.

Thanks.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like u gor it pritty much all figured out. Good luck!

Make sure your diet is in check
    thall1 likes this.

Shoot I'm gun shy like motha after reading all the stuff on here about being scammed. Almost impossible for a new guy to get in on the action. I'd like to get everything I need and be ready in four weeks, but I keep reading post about scams and stuff. I hope I don't get flagged for fishing here.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Please list your stats.

What is your shoulder injury?

How do you know that your shoulder will be fully healed in four weeks?

25yr/o
    5'10
    180 during cut with 13%bf
    200 when bulking with 15-17% bf

On the shoulder I never had any prior injuries it just started hurting in gym awhile back.
    Started out as just a dull pain after workouts, but got much worse over time. After a hard chest or shoulder work out well its actually gotten to point to where I can't even get a hard workout. But after I work chest or shoulders it's extremely painful inside right around rotater cuff.

I'm pretty sure 4 weeks should do the trick, but I'm planning on getting a mri .hopefully by that time the inflammation will be gone, and we can see if it's healed. Really hoping it's heal by that time cause I'm not looking far ward to taking off more than four weeks.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thall1 View Post
    Shoot I'm gun shy like motha after reading all the stuff on here about being scammed. Almost impossible for a new guy to get in on the action. I'd like to get everything I need and be ready in four weeks, but I keep reading post about scams and stuff. I hope I don't get flagged for fishing here.
    Scamming can happen to everyone. It sucks.

Sh** my first order. All my test vials came to me with different levels. Half full, all the way full and the 3rd was about 3/4 full. Got to find a reliable source so u dont get screwed.

Ps, if anyone messages so with a source it's probably a scam.

On other forums they have a source list rated from first to worst. But even the top rated sources still have some bad reviews so idk man I got a sh*t ton of digging to do. I know there's a couple guys at my gym that I highly assume got the gear, but I just do t know how to approach them with it.

Robar is offline Junior Member
    Yeah ordering online is shady! I'm just worried about not knowing what it is your getting. I'm going to pay the money for trt and just stock it for awhile. Go from there. At least I know I'll have pharma grade test.

On the shoulder I never had any prior injuries it just started hurting in gym awhile back.
    Started out as just a dull pain after workouts, but got much worse over time. After a hard chest or shoulder work out well its actually gotten to point to where I can't even get a hard workout. But after I work chest or shoulders it's extremely painful inside right around rotater cuff.

I'm pretty sure 4 weeks should do the trick, but I'm planning on getting a mri .hopefully by that time the inflammation will be gone, and we can see if it's healed. Really hoping it's heal by that time cause I'm not looking far ward to taking off more than four weeks.
    If that's you in your profile photo then you appear to be over 20% bf.

You seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse and rushing this cycle. One month of research on AAS isn't that much.

More importantly your shoulder is injured. You don't know what the injury is, and by the sound of it you don't know how to properly rehab a shoulder injury.

Taking four weeks off before a cycle, to rehab a injury, isn't the best idea. From personal experience most shoulder injuries heal best from warming up (feeler sets), light to moderate weight and lots of stretching. Along with band and cable routines.

This may not be what you want to hear but I think you should delay cycling until your shoulder is 100%. Injuries that aren't properly healed have a common tendency to reoccur during a strenuous cycle. I'm not purposely busting your balls. I only have your best interests in mind.

Your right that's not what I wanna hear, but I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

On the shoulder I'm I'm using the plan in this forum under injury and rehab it's a sticky at the top of page labeled rotator cuff. I'll be honest though I don't know the first thing about shoulder rehab just what iv read in the last few days.any a dive you could give on that would be awesome. Workouts,cardio diet ext.

As far as the body fat I never went to a bod pod that was just don't at my gym by a mediocre pt. But I had it don't at beginning and end of cut phase and bulk phase, and that's what I came up with.

If you could give me some advice on this shoulder that would be great... it's really frustrating not being able to push myself, and always worrying about it.

Thanks

Using your injured arm; can you take a wallet out of both rear pockets while your palm faces away from your body?

If you can then what is the pain level?

advice-dsc_1627.jpg

Right now I can do it with no pain at all.
    I also haven't worked upper body in a few days.

Right now I can do it with no pain at all.
    I also haven't worked upper body in a few days.
    If you can do that movement without screaming in agony then it's not your rotator cuff.

You should reassess your injury. Find out what movement(s) are causing the pain and whether the pain can be alleviated by stretching. Try stretching in all possible angles.

It might not be caused by weight lifting. I had a shoulder injury that was from my car seat being too far back.
    NACH3 likes this.

The most painful position is when I try to do a front lateral raise. Whether I have weights or not.its pretty painful, but yea I was able to do the pocket thing with ease.

The most painful position is when I try to do a front lateral raise. Whether I have weights or not.its pretty painful, but yea I was able to do the pocket thing with ease.
    That sounds to me like tendentious.

It's really difficult to diagnose an injury like this without being in person.

Regardless of diagnosis, you need to rehab this before cycling and it will likely take longer than four weeks.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    If you can do that movement without screaming in agony then it's not your rotator cuff.

You should reassess your injury. Find out what movement(s) are causing the pain and whether the pain can be alleviated by stretching. Try stretching in all possible angles.

It might not be caused by weight lifting. I had a shoulder injury that was from my car seat being too far back.
    I can't come close to my back pocket on either side w/my bad shoulder(mine is structural) and torn both labrum and RC... An MRI w/contract is your best bet, imho!

Plus, work on getting your BF % down to 15% or lower the better! Cardio/nutrition/and a good training program can easily get you where you need to be... Your ligaments and tendons are no where near ready for the assault you'll be putting everything under... Very easy way to get hurt!

Is there anything I can do during rehab to keep from shrinking up.

Is there anything I can do during rehab to keep from shrinking up.
    You can still workout while rehabbing your shoulder.

Do whatever movements don't cause pain; legs, abs, arms, back, medial and posterior deltoid.

It kills me in the mornings or after a nap. In the past I'd sleep on it almost every night. Now I make sure not to. Sometimes I roll over in my sleep and wake hurting like bi**h. If that happens lifting something out in front of me is nearly impossible.

You can still workout while rehabbing your shoulder.

Do whatever movements don't cause pain; legs, abs, arms, back, medial and posterior deltoid.
    Light weight high reps?

Robar is offline Junior Member
    Your right that's not what I wanna hear, but I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

On the shoulder I'm I'm using the plan in this forum under injury and rehab it's a sticky at the top of page labeled rotator cuff. I'll be honest though I don't know the first thing about shoulder rehab just what iv read in the last few days.any a dive you could give on that would be awesome. Workouts,cardio diet ext.

As far as the body fat I never went to a bod pod that was just don't at my gym by a mediocre pt. But I had it don't at beginning and end of cut phase and bulk phase, and that's what I came up with.

If you could give me some advice on this shoulder that would be great... it's really frustrating not being able to push myself, and always worrying about it.

Thanks
    Does multi select work?

Quote Originally Posted by Robar View Post
    Does multi select work?
    I'm not sure what that is.

Light weight high reps?
    Train as you normally would unless the movement causes pain.

If it hurts then try a lower weight or skip the movement entirely.

Remember, strict form is more important than amount of weight.

Train as you normally would unless the movement causes pain.

If it hurts then try a lower weight or skip the movement entirely.

Remember, strict form is more important than amount of weight.
    If it's strained tendons will they heal? It so will they heal if I continue lifting?

Just about any shoulder workout hurts but I'm usally lifting heavy or going to failure with light weight. Also bench is impossible to do without it hurting.

If it's strained tendons will they heal? It so will they heal if I continue lifting?

Just about any shoulder workout hurts but I'm usally lifting heavy or going to failure with light weight. Also bench is impossible to do without it hurting.
    Inflamed tendons will heal as long as you stop doing the movements that cause pain.

Ok thanks for all the info. I'll keep you posted, and let you know how my rehab is going and hopefully I'll recover from this frustrating ordeal.

Thread Information