Novice489 is offline Associate Member

Question Pain in the ass Blast...Literally

I just started my first blast while on HRT and my glutes are very sore post injection. This is something that has never happened with my prescription test.

There is no reddening or swelling around the injection area. My normal HRT test Cyp is from a pharmacy but the Cyp I'm attempting to blast with is UGL. I've looked for any signs of crashing which I've read would be cloudiness or the apparent of strings floating in test but have seen none. The other solution is the BA is too high? Is there anything else it could be? Is high BA something I'll adapt to over time or do I need to attempt with a different brand?

Other info:
    I was planning on doing 600mg test cyp (UGL) for 8 weeks.

Legday69 is offline New Member
    Could be your muscle isn't use to that volume of oil give it a few more pins to see if it gets better

batoutofhell is offline New Member
    I would try to autoclave in a pressure cooker. Every UGL I'd tried in the past were always a pain. They are made in home labs built in basements etc. so sterility is in question. I home brew now and mine was still painful, not as bad as bad as UGL stuff but still gave me knots. I started to autoclave my gear and that took care of the pain.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    What is the weight/volume (mg/ml)?

Good tip above to always pressure cook all UGL at 15 psi.

Thanks for the tips. The concentration is labeled at 250mg/ml. Ill look into autoclaving at 15psi. Would it be worth filtering with a .2um whatman after?
    Last edited by Novice489; 04-03-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Thanks for the tips. The concentration is labeled at 250mg/ml. Ill look into autoclaving at 15psi. Would it be worth filtering with a .2um whatman after?
    Higher concentrations can be painful, but that is pretty standard. If you filter, do it before you pressure cook. Autoclave/pressure cook last.

.22um filter should filter out the junk, if it's in there. I've brewed a lot of Cyp and never had any problems. If the Cyp powder's low quality, you're going to have pain. In that case, the .22um filter will do nothing. You'll have to throw it out if you don't like the PIP.

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. I've had a fever and a full body ache for the last two days. The fever broke last night and I'm feeling much better today. I think this may help explain the pip which is dissipating about 7 days post injection. I'll count my blessings that it wasn't worse but I'm a lot more suspicious of UGL gear after this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Higher concentrations can be painful, but that is pretty standard. If you filter, do it before you pressure cook. Autoclave/pressure cook last.
    I took your advice and filtered through a .2um PVDF filter then pressure cooked for 1 hour at 15psi. I'm reluctant to use the gear again even after sterilization. If anything I may try a low dose subcutaneous injection to see if my body has any reaction prior to contemplating an IM injection again.

Again thank's for everyone's assistance on this matter!

Hi AUX,
    Did you find out what was sticking to your syringe plunger after the re-filter? How clear does the product look?
    Some thing else about EO, some people have a reaction to technical grade EO similar to yours. (I'm one of them. I tried brewing pain free prop with EO that hurt more and made me feel ill.) Maybe call the source and se if they used EO in their product.

Quote Originally Posted by batoutofhell View Post
    Hi AUX,
    Did you find out what was sticking to your syringe plunger after the re-filter? How clear does the product look?
    Some thing else about EO, some people have a reaction to technical grade EO similar to yours. (I'm one of them. I tried brewing pain free prop with EO that hurt more and made me feel ill.) Maybe call the source and se if they used EO in their product.
    I talked to Bona over in the lab section and he pointed out that EO can degrade plastic and suggested that this may have created the gel like substance. The EO content of the gear my have been quite high in which case it likely degraded the filter long before I pushed all 60mg through. Novice mistake.

I wasn't aware that EO itself could cause reactions unto all this occurred. Can it cause sides beyond PIP? I've been dealing with a mild fever for the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I talked to Bona over in the lab section and he pointed out that EO can degrade plastic and suggested that this may have created the gel like substance. The EO content of the gear my have been quite high in which case it likely degraded the filter long before I pushed all 60mg through. Novice mistake.

I wasn't aware that EO itself could cause reactions unto all this occurred. Can it cause sides beyond PIP? I've been dealing with a mild fever for the past few days.
    I was pinning mine eod for a week before I stopped, I had thought I had the flu. I felt hot, achy and burned out. If this is how you're feeling, it will probably pass, but like anything else if it doesn't improve see a doctor.

When I did brew though, I used a 30/70 mix EO/Safflower oil as my carrier. I remember the plunger on the syringe I used to transfer the EO got sticky, but the mixed carrier seemed alright. I only made 50ml of product thank god, but had no issues with my filter.

Was your filter an actual Whatman?

Something else I wonder about is how the gel got onto the plunger of your syringe. This might be a stupid question, but did you have the filter on while you were drawing your gear into the syringe. This would be a no no for 2 reasons:
    1- any bacteria would be trapped on the wrong side of the filter.
    2- I think the filters are designed to flow one way. If you put pressure in the wrong direction it might have pulled apart the filter media.

Hope you're feeling better soon AUX,

Bat
    Last edited by batoutofhell; 04-06-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information