Thread: Anavar and PCT

PCOST44 is offline New Member

Anavar and PCT

About to start my first Anavar only cycle, most likely going to do 50mg ED for about 50 days. Just wondering what PCT would be ideal for it? I know Anavar is on the mellow side of the spectrum of cycles so I'm not sure which kind of PCT and length would be necessary for that amount of time and dosage. And should I consider a test booster to stack with one or the other? I know after about 3 weeks, testosterone production will stop so I want to do the best thing overall to make sure my levels are stable and healthy in the end. Thanks.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No oral only cycles.

U need testosterone as base. Also since it's your first cycle read "planning and executing my first cycle. "

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    1. Do not run an oral-only cycle (for several reasons, but explained, in part, below).

2. Even if you did run an oral-only cycle, with the duration of the cycle you have proposed, you would be doing far more harm than good. And no, do not ponder running it longer than 50 days as this would be a waste as well.

3. A standard PCT for a first time, test-only, cycle, which you should be running for your first cycle anyway, would look something like this: Clomid - 50/50/25/25, and Nolvadex - 40/40/20/20 (slight variations can be made to this, but this is pretty basic). The numbers indicate how many mg per day for each week (i.e. 50mg of Clomid everyday for the first week, 50mg ED second week, 25mg ED the third week, and 25mg ED the fourth week).

4. A test booster would be absolutely pointless as all they do is SLIGHTLY increase NATURAL test production. You will effectively shut your natural test down by suppressing it with gear, so it will have no effect. Consequently, this is also the reason you should run test only for your first cycle (to replace your natural test), and run test with every cycle you do. One of the reasons you shouldn't run an oral-only cycle is that Anavar (for example) will shut you down and you won't have any exogenous test to supplement it.

Stick around and read these forums. Check out the sticky post "Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle".

Edit: Just realized you're 19 years old. The only advice I can give you is hold off on the gear for another 5-6 years.

Read the thread "The Young and Steroids " to give you an idea of what you're in for if you continue down this path. It isn't pretty.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    When people say var is a mild steroid the are referring to its effect on the liver.

I understand that at 19 you're technically an adult, but your body and sex organs will continue to develop well into your mid 20s.

If you do this there is a strong chance you will screw your body up for the rest of your life.

cant get erect after 5 week anavar cycle. need help/info!

**oral only - anavar**

Anavar is NOT a mild compound where HPTA suppression/shutdown is concerned!!

PCOST44 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I know I am 19 almost 20 but I know my body can take something. I am very healthy and I honestly don't plan on taking anything else ever, just something now to kickstart my body so I can start working out like I use to. I am beginning to box everyday and I want something mild that I can loose some fat and begin gaining some lean muscle. I know a lot of friends who have taken things from dbol to tren but I was looking for something less intense. Any other options? Something now will be the only time I will ever do it Im sure of it, Is there something that will help me cut, see results, build some muscle that won't shut me down completely that will be okay to take now as a one time only thing? thanks
    Last edited by PCOST44; 05-04-2016 at 11:02 PM.

DaBrute is offline New Member
    It's the other way around, my friend. When you are young, you don't need the crutches. Take advantage of what your body is giving you while it lasts and learn to lift and eat properly.

Quote Originally Posted by PCOST44 View Post
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I know I am 19 almost 20 but I know my body can take something. I am very healthy and I honestly don't plan on taking anything else ever, just something now to kickstart my body so I can start working out like I use to. I am beginning to box everyday and I want something mild that I can loose some fat and begin gaining some lean muscle. I know a lot of friends who have taken things from dbol to tren but I was looking for something less intense. Any other options? Something now will be the only time I will ever do it Im sure of it, Is there something that will help me cut, see results, build some muscle that won't shut me down completely that will be okay to take now as a one time only thing? thanks
    You sound like a typical 19 year old that's going to do what he wants regardless of what anyone tells him. I know, I was your age once also. There is nothing else we can tell you; we've already said it above. I hope you're not one of the young members who comes back here and complains of erectile dysfunction, mood swings, depression, gyno, etc. after you've permanently damaged yourself from this (and yes, Anavar alone can do this). Good luck.

Thread Information