Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Red Bastard
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By bartman314

Thread: Steroid and / or TRT for Muscle Mass at 60 Years Old?

  1. #1
    X-BODY is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    66

    Steroid and / or TRT for Muscle Mass at 60 Years Old?

    Hi
    My friend's father who doing training for over 20 years, wants more muscle and he want to start steroid cycle or TRT. My question is: Is TRT enough for that purpose or is he need a steroid cycle too?
    NOTE:
    Sorry for my bad English
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    At 57, TRT alone did wonders for me. After only 7 months the gains in muscle have been noticeable and my workouts are something I haven't experienced in decades.

  3. #3
    X-BODY is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    At 57, TRT alone did wonders for me. After only 7 months the gains in muscle have been noticeable and my workouts are something I haven't experienced in decades.
    Thanks your your answer
    How was your TRT? test dose, frequency, hcg dose, etc??

  4. #4
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    75 mg. injected sub-cutaneous 2x/wk. After 7 months I have yet to initiate any hcg and have not noticed any negative effects except minimal testicular atrophy.
    Last edited by Proximal; 05-09-2016 at 03:58 PM. Reason: error in amount - 75 mg. not .75
    X-BODY likes this.

  5. #5
    Red Bastard's Avatar
    Red Bastard is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    874
    .75mg? I don't think so...
    X-BODY likes this.

  6. #6
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    .75mg? I don't think so...
    Thanks for catching the error, I changed it in an edit. I meant 75 mg., thanks again!
    Red Bastard and X-BODY like this.

  7. #7
    X-BODY is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Thanks for catching the error, I changed it in an edit. I meant 75 mg., thanks again!
    Thanks

  8. #8
    bartman314's Avatar
    bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    788
    should do bw first to see what test baseline is. if he's low, then trt will help a lot. even if after starting trt, give it a year to see where it goes then just maybe consider a cycle. there's a great post on first cycle.

    i'm 53 and cycle on a trt baseline and it's relatively straightforward. but, risks likely increase with age, so he should do a lot of research (liver, heart, stroke, E2 management, the works) before deciding (another reason to give trt some time.

  9. #9
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    I really like the way you put that bartman314 ! I am 56 and been on TRT since I was 52 and the only 2 other compounds I do are 30mg of Deca a week and I BLAST with Tren A ! Just as you stated my biggest issue seems to be keeping my E 2 balanced ! lol , I don't need BW to tell when it gets High my sexual performance is the 1st indicator and I know to increase my Ai from .25 Adimidex 2 x's a week to 3 x's a week and everything straightens right back out ! I get BW done for free every 4 mths. and get detailed BW of what I have concerns of when ever I choose ! I give blood about once every 4 mths and all is well in paradise . This is for me and this is a lesson about my experience and learned over time and trial and error ! Luv'in life at 56 and still a work in progress !



    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    should do bw first to see what test baseline is. if he's low, then trt will help a lot. even if after starting trt, give it a year to see where it goes then just maybe consider a cycle. there's a great post on first cycle.

    i'm 53 and cycle on a trt baseline and it's relatively straightforward. but, risks likely increase with age, so he should do a lot of research (liver, heart, stroke, E2 management, the works) before deciding (another reason to give trt some time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •