Billmister is offline Member

measuring syring the right way?

Hey everyone I have a question. Now i remember in the past (about 1-2 years ago) there was a post abount measuring your juice right in a syringe. Well i'm curing to read that again and can't find it anywhere. I've tried searching "measuring syringe, etc... Anyway someone posted a pic of 2 syringes side by side with the plunger pulled back about 2cc's. Now one a plunger the black rubber part it has the front part whice has the center of it sticking out... and under that another part of the plunger, also in black. Now my question is this...

If you want 2cc's to you pull back untill the oil/water is exactly to the 2cc? Meaning the tip of the first rubber part? or pull back on the plunger untill it reades like 1.96cc(something like that) where the bottom part of the plunger rubber is at the 2ccs? can someone please post a pic of a syringe with a plunger pulled back and with comments on the picture showing the right amount or too much or underfilled?

Now in case you didn't understand the plunger it self from a syrting if you pull out the plunger completely out, the plunger's tip is black rubber. But it's thick, or like long...maybe about half an inch long. Anyway when the plunger is in the syring and you pull oil/water in the syringe, does the end have to reach the 2cc mark? or the tip?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    when i draw, i draw up .1 ml more than i am planning on shooting to compensate for the initial lube squirt and the leftover gear in the pin.

just from quick memory, around .1ml remains in the pin if it is 22g 1". the longer the pin, the greater the increase in leftover.

also, i measure where i am drawing to the conical tip as it acts sort of like a miniscus in a graduated cylinder.

that i understand and that you for your fast responce. But what i mean is the plunger black rubber part. you know, what you use to measure the cc's. Well that black rubber part has to parts. One end is facing the needle, and the back end is facing your thumb pushing the plunger. now when i pull back 2cc's, does the liquid have to be pulled back untill the front end of the rubber reach the 2cc mark? or pull back untill the back end of the black rubber hits the 2cc mark? because the gap between one end to the other is like half a inch or less.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billmister
    that i understand and that you for your fast responce. But what i mean is the plunger black rubber part. you know, what you use to measure the cc's. Well that black rubber part has to parts. One end is facing the needle, and the back end is facing your thumb pushing the plunger. now when i pull back 2cc's, does the liquid have to be pulled back untill the front end of the rubber reach the 2cc mark? or pull back untill the back end of the black rubber hits the 2cc mark? because the gap between one end to the other is like half a inch or less.
    the front end of the rubber.

measurement in the syringe begins at the .1ml mark, so when you get the front tip equal with 2.1ml you are set to go.

thank you very much.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    You measure using the edge of the rubber that is facing the needle. You line up the edge of the rubber (facing the needle) so that it matches the mark on the syringe with whichever amount you are drawing up. Don't measure using the edge facing your thumb or the opposite direction of the needle. You will always lose a small amount depending on the gauge and type of syringe you are using. IM syringes tend to cause a greater loss then TB or insulin syringes, and the smaller the gauge (larger the needle), the more you lose also. You can, like daem suggested, compensate for this if you want.

Thread Information