Money is offline Associate Member

Much Smaller Cycle

51 yrs. old
    Training since about 15
    5'7"
    205lbs.

Cycling on and off since about 17.

I usually cycle once or twice a year. Usually with Testosterone stacked with Tren , Equipois or Deca .
    I am up to about 500mg of Test per week with the stack also be 500mg per week. My last stack was last year finishing in June with Test and Equipois, 500mg/week.

I am thinking about trying downsizing this time to 125mg/week of Test and 125mg./week of Deca.

Of course I heard an online doctor say that your receptors can only be saturated so much before an excess is too much. Well, I also know by experience that over the years, I had to increase to the 500mg.

Have any of you downsized like this before and if so, what did you see happen?
    If you have not, what do you think about downsizing like this?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I think 125mg/week of test and deca is a waste to shut your HPTA down.

That's literally what some use for trt.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I think 125mg/week of test and deca is a waste to shut your HPTA down.

That's literally what some use for trt.
    I don't know that it would shut my HPTA down but I was thinking about doing the cycle
    because of my age to keep me going but don't get serious again until the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I don't know that it would shut my HPTA down but I was thinking about doing the cycle
    because of my age to keep me going but don't get serious again until the end of the year.
    When you introduce anabolic steroids into your system your negative feedback loop is interrupted and your HPTA shuts down.

This is why PCT is required.

No offense, but I'm shocked you've been cycling every year since 17 and weren't aware this occurs.

You know, I seem to get to know a lot just before I cycle and while I am cycling and
    then I start to forget things when I don't. That is why you will see me always coming
    back over the years asking questions or checking on new ideas.

When you introduce anabolic steroids into your system your negative feedback loop is interrupted and your HPTA shuts down.

This is why PCT is required.

No offense, but I'm shocked you've been cycling every year since 17 and weren't aware this occurs.
    So what is the smallest amount that you think that I should use?

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    So what is the smallest amount that you think that I should use?
    The smallest amounts of test and deca I could consider using is quite the hypothetical question.

I suppose around: 100-200mg/week of test and 400-500mg/week of nandrolone or 500mg/week of test and 100-150mg/week of nandrolone,

The smallest amounts of test and deca I could consider using is quite the hypothetical question.

I suppose around: 100-200mg/week of test and 400-500mg/week of nandrolone or 500mg/week of test and 100-150mg/week of nandrolone,
    My norm would be about 500mg/week of Test and 300 - 500mg/week of deca. But I really want to cut back this time and still get results. The reason for cutting back this time, I don't really have a goal such as a fight coming up, a race or anything.

Money, I'm almost exactly your size/age. I'm 56, 5'11", 205lbs, 14% bf. I'm on TRT 200mg/wk. 100mg-200mg per wk of Test is TRT dosage. You'll maintain what you have but you won't make much gains. I've seen some fat increase around my belly at the TRT dosage, compared to a more aggressive cycle (500mg/wk). As for Deca , 150mg/wk is what I use to lubricate my joints. It depends what you're looking to gain from your cycle. If you want a "make me feel good" cycle, then run 200mg/wk Test and 150mg/wk of Deca. If you want anabolic gains you need to up the dosages.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Money, I'm almost exactly your size/age. I'm 56, 5'11", 205lbs, 14% bf. I'm on TRT 200mg/wk. 100mg-200mg per wk of Test is TRT dosage. You'll maintain what you have but you won't make much gains. I've seen some fat increase around my belly at the TRT dosage, compared to a more aggressive cycle (500mg/wk). As for Deca, 150mg/wk is what I use to lubricate my joints. It depends what you're looking to gain from your cycle. If you want a "make me feel good" cycle, then run 200mg/wk Test and 150mg/wk of Deca. If you want anabolic gains you need to up the dosages.
    Hey there ScotchGuard, I haven't heard from you for a very long time.

Usually, I use up to 500mg/ of Test. But this time, wanted to keep my body at a bit of a rest but still get into a bit better shape, not top shape but good enough. I was going with Deca this time since I feel that I need some joint lubrication and the bottom left heel of my foot has been killing me for months with pain when standing too long. A kind of torn ligament I suppose.
    Right now, I am thinking about maybe dropping back to 250mg/week of Test. Enan and 150mg/week of Deca. But I would like to go even lower this time around so that I can go back up to 500mg/week in the Winter.

Thread Information