Complete novice is offline Associate Member

First cycle after weight loss

I've recently lost 3.5 stone through diet and weights. I am now 220lb and around 18-20%bf, I want to keep stripping the fat off but also want to gain a bit of muscle.

I have lost muscle and strength whilst stripping the fat and think I'm at the point in life I'm ready for my first cycle (37 years old).

I have lost the weight by sticking to an extremely strict 1800 cal a day diet, which has now become a way of life and I'd prefer to keep dieting at the very least until I get the body I'm looking for, before I start making adjustments.

I was thinking of using test E 1 X 250 mg shot Monday and Thursday.

I train 4,5 days a week as heavy as I can go.

Would this cycle be ok for me? I know I won't get massive from my first cycle but I want more of a cover model body, over a bodybuilder (no offence) I've always been a big lad, but I just want to be lean and athletic looking, more than big and bulky that I've been the rest of my life.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    500mg is a great start for a first cycle but it sounds like the first thing you need to look into is diet the test won't do much for you except make you stronger without a proper diet and 1800 cal isn't gonna cut it..do some serious reasearch into a bodybuilding diet before you start the cycle and already be transistioned into that kinda eating pattern before starting test..

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Congrats on the weight loss, OP! You've come a long way. I would suggest you spend a little more time cutting down to around 14-15% bodyfat before cycling. There is an increase in probability of estrogen-related sides when cycling at a higher body fat. Honestly, this shouldn't take longer than a few more months if you really hit it hard. In the meantime, you can procure your gear and study up a bit more on AAS. If I had your exact goals myself, I would actually cut down lower than that before starting, say, about 12%.

With your goals in mind, what would serve you best (after cutting to a respectable body fat), is a lean bulk. If you're prone to gaining fat, I would eat at 300-500 calories above maintenance and adjust from there. Cutting fat and building muscle at the same time is extremely difficult to do, so I would stay away from that route. The good news is, if you keep your diet in check, you shouldn't gain much fat while on your lean bulk.

Hi thanks for the response, I am cutting fat hence the low calories.

Currently having

230g pro
    90g carbs
    50g fat

I eat every 3 hours, gluten free, mainly chicken, fish, veg, almonds, the diet has lost me 3.5 stone in 4 months.

Do I need to take in less calories whilst on test to carry on losing fat? My diet is a bodybuilding diet, just low calorie so I lose fat, not sure what I need to change?

Thank you for the response, to be honest, that is why I started losing the weight in the first place, I didn't want to have estrogen issues. I have trained for over 15 years but always been big, I put on weight easy but I have to be extreme to lose it. The diet has become a way of life and I pretty much eat the same thing every day.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone and instead of having the treatment I changed my life style, diet, training and stress levels. I feel much better about myself but a long way of how I want to feel if you know what I mean.

I feel like I am at the point where I can't do much more naturally, hence considering the testosterone .

i know what you mean about losing more body fat though.

stanman is offline New Member
    You are pretty much in the same scenario as me, I have gone from over 30% BF to around 20% now, I have been doing 1 hour of cardio daily (Fast walking) and have seen results daily, currently around 89 kg, I suggest you add this at least 6 days a week, until you get to around 12% bf, then do your cycle, that's what i'm planning and hopefully with be ready by 1st August.
    Get your bodyfat down first, if you are around 12% when you cycle you can keep below 14% with good training and nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by stanman View Post
    You are pretty much in the same scenario as me, I have gone from over 30% BF to around 20% now, I have been doing 1 hour of cardio daily (Fast walking) and have seen results daily, currently around 89 kg, I suggest you add this at least 6 days a week, until you get to around 12% bf, then do your cycle, that's what i'm planning and hopefully with be ready by 1st August.
    Get your bodyfat down first, if you are around 12% when you cycle you can keep below 14% with good training and nutrition.
    Thanks for the reply

I have lost the weight with no cardio at all, I know I should have done some and it would have sped up the process even more.

I have a dodgy knee, so cardio has always been a nightmare due to knee flairing up its better to walk on now it's dropped the weight but I Can feel the pain after 5 mins of jogging so I need another form of cardio.

I have a heavy punch bag so was going to do interval training on that 30/30 hard/rest times 10 rounds each day. It's murder on the shoulders but if it's going to make the difference I should get on it.

Do you guys think it will have the same effect as long incline walks?

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Complete novice View Post
    I've recently lost 3.5 stone through diet and weights. I am now 220lb and around 18-20%bf, I want to keep stripping the fat off but also want to gain a bit of muscle.

I have lost muscle and strength whilst stripping the fat and think I'm at the point in life I'm ready for my first cycle (37 years old).

I have lost the weight by sticking to an extremely strict 1800 cal a day diet, which has now become a way of life and I'd prefer to keep dieting at the very least until I get the body I'm looking for, before I start making adjustments.

I was thinking of using test E 1 X 250 mg shot Monday and Thursday.

I train 4,5 days a week as heavy as I can go.

Would this cycle be ok for me? I know I won't get massive from my first cycle but I want more of a cover model body, over a bodybuilder (no offence) I've always been a big lad, but I just want to be lean and athletic looking, more than big and bulky that I've been the rest of my life.
    You need to drop your bf a bit more before you cycle. Be around 13%.

Thread Information