Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Glute injection question please help

Tomliftsyo is offline New Member

Glute injection question please help

Hey guys,
    When I pin my glutes, I always end up shooting into the side of the glute around the top rather than more around the back where a doctor would put it. I use 1.5 inch needles to do so and I'm not super fat. Just a little chubby. Should this spot be fine or am I wasting my gear?
    Thanks!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Split your ass in half vertical then horizontal. You will be pinning the top right quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Split your ass in half vertical then horizontal. You will be pinning the top right quarter.
    Yea I've seen this chart. I just didn't know if hitting it on the side was okay. I'm in the correct quadrant for sure.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomliftsyo View Post

Yea I've seen this chart. I just didn't know if hitting it on the side was okay. I'm in the correct quadrant for sure.
    Do u believe u r hitting the muscle?

As long as pin is deep enough u will be fine.

From the side sounds weird, but I think I get what u are saying. Trying to twist back and pin ur self it's not a direct straight in.

Yea I do think it's in. It stays in if I let go and it's an inch and a half deep. Is there a for sure way to know whether you're in the muscle or not?
    Last edited by Tomliftsyo; 05-28-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomliftsyo View Post
    Yea I do think it's in. It stays in if I let go and it's an inch and a half deep. Is there a for sure way to know whether you're in the muscle or not?
    Either way it's getting absorbed. Nothing to worry about

elastica is offline Female Member
    Pinning on the side like that you're in or very close to ventrogluteal site. If your gear is irritating to the skin, you'd likely get a reaction like redness or itching if you didn't pin deep enough into the muscle. Maybe a bump too, as the gear would disperse more slowly from the skin than in the muscle.

username101 is offline New Member
    Pin in your quads mate. I don't know why you blokes pin in your glutes it's the highest risk place to pin your gear it's also the most painful place to pin because you almost always have to aspirate to ensure you're not hitting the major artery.

Quads and Delts require no aspiration and you're guaranteed to get deep into the muscle tissue and you will experience very little PIP.

I've been wanting to try quads... Do you think a 1 inch 23 or 25 g needle would be fine for that?

cool I've never had that problem so I must be doing something right lol

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by username101 View Post
    Pin in your quads mate. I don't know why you blokes pin in your glutes it's the highest risk place to pin your gear it's also the most painful place to pin because you almost always have to aspirate to ensure you're not hitting the major artery.

Quads and Delts require no aspiration and you're guaranteed to get deep into the muscle tissue and you will experience very little PIP.

Agreed, except for the "very little" pain part... On me, quads are painful for a couple days. More so than glutes. But I do the quads because reaching the glutes, especially the left side using my non-dominant hand, is hard.

Edit: I've been foam rolling my quads lately (post-leg workout)... It's possible it's coincidental, but the quad pain greatly subsides when I do.
    Last edited by Charlie67; 06-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.

saucerking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by username101 View Post

Everything you wrote on here is wrong...

1st, Quads can be one of the most painful sites to inject. My first injection was there, and I couldn't walk for 3 days. Took 3 weeks before I could squats again. Injected into the glutes, no problem at all. Very little soreness and could still walk.

2nd, you must aspirate no matter where you inject in your body

3rd, glutes are probably the best to inject and least painful out of all sites.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saucerking View Post
    Everything you wrote on here is wrong...

1st, Quads can be one of the most painful sites to inject. My first injection was there, and I couldn't walk for 3 days. Took 3 weeks before I could squats again. Injected into the glutes, no problem at all. Very little soreness and could still walk.

2nd, you must aspirate no matter where you inject in your body

3rd, glutes are probably the best to inject and least painful out of all sites.
    Telling him everything he wrote is wrong is a bit out of line. Everyone is different, I prefer quad shots over to glute shots and I know many others who feel the same way. On the other hand I know people who can't walk after a quad shot.

username101 you need to be careful when saying delts and quads require no aspiration as someone new to AAS could have a bad experience with that. I will say tho, I have never drew blood from my delts or quads, whereas I have multiple times on glutes but I would never take the risk of pinning without aspirating... Why would anyone want to take that risk?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture91311556835709.jpg 
Views:	31136 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	163759
    Livinlean likes this.

Thread Information